Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime

Got A Season Ticket

Default Amazon Prime

Just watched the Merseyside Derby on Amazon Prime really enjoyed the coverage and commentary is this an option for RL or Super League???????
    Just wondered what people think 🤔

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    Just watched the Merseyside Derby on Amazon Prime really enjoyed the coverage and commentary is this an option for RL or Super League???????
    Just wondered what people think ��
    Would be good for the viewer I guess, but it would be dark times for the sport. No one would watch it on there.

Got A Season Ticket

Just thinking about them building there portfolio it’s not as if there a tin pot company and lets be honest there not short of money

In The South Stand

Just thinking about them building there portfolio it’s not as if there a tin pot company and lets be honest there not short of money
    They've got enough money to buy Sky, never mind outbid Sky for something. However, the viewing figures for SL would be smaller on there than Sky as it's so new. Perhaps in the future when Amazon, Facebook, even Netflix buy more Premier League coverage it'll be viable. Moving in the next year or so would mean a fraction of the people who watch on Sky would be watching Super League, which ultimately isn't good for sponsorship or persuading broadcasters from spending more money on the sport.

What's Merseyside?

Banned

I didn't enjoy it.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

I'm almost certain that the majority of RL on Sky is watched by people who specifically have Sky so they can watch it. I'm not saying they don't also have it to watch football, but I don;t think that many people who aren't RL fans tune into to Sky to watch the rugby. As SS is £30 a month and Prime £7.99 if you want to watch it Prime is obviously far more attractive. A huge number of people have Prime anyway for the Amazon side of it, so for them it's a bonus. I'd love them to get it. Surely if it's good enough from the Prem it's good enough for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I didn't enjoy it.
    Neither did my dog. He hates sudden noise and leaps a mile when people shout when someone scores, so 5 goals was not good news for him. He actually goes upstairs and hides when Saints are playing...

Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar

I only have Sky Sports for the RL. So it moving to Amazon would save me money...

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Amazon took these small PL rights primarily to bolster their pre Xmas shopping figures. Sign up for a free month of Prime to watch two rounds of games this week and Boxing Day and then buy some stuff with free postage for Xmas. It's a good business model. Not sure they'd see RL as big enough to attract loads of potential new Prime subscribers though.

if a day comes when Amazon, Netflix etc do end up dominating the broadcasting of our major sports I'd hope some laws are changed so that they pay more than the ridiculously small amounts of tax they pay back into our economy compared to what they take out.

Starting A Programme Collection RedSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    What's Merseyside?
    I call it the Liverpool derby.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

I think its a good idea in theory, i just dont see it happening without seismic change in how the game is currently run. I may be wrong but every single Premier League game is produced for a live audience, you may not be able to get them on Sky/BT over here, but they are shown worldwide and i believe the same company, IMG, produce the video footage for all games. For Rugby League to move to Amazon or another streaming service either they would have to take over the production from Sky or it would have to be done in house by Super League/RFL and then licensed to the broadcaster, with Sky they do it all.

What i would rather see is a system where you can watch games that are not on tv, even if it is from a fixed camera, like the highlights, after all the games are fully recorded it wouldnt be too much of a stretch to stream them, even if it was done on a subscription basis, get enough people subscribing you can add commentary etc. Especially when radio stations are ceasing to broadcast games your current options are go the game, watch it on Sky if on or catch the highlights when put out a few days later.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Neither did my dog. He hates sudden noise and leaps a mile when people shout when someone scores, so 5 goals was not good news for him. He actually goes upstairs and hides when Saints are playing...
    Yes, my dog hid under the chair because there was a lot of shouting, mainly of the irate variety interspaced with me muttering cheating **** and diving **** every 30 seconds. I'm still in a mood now.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newport dave View Post
    I only have Sky Sports for the RL. So it moving to Amazon would save me money...

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
    I don't have Sky, I think I'd be paying for the football which I don't watch, but I'd happily pay £8 a month for the rugby league and sure a lot more would too.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I didn't enjoy it.
    Neither did Bronco... Sorry Dave ��

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    What's Merseyside?

The county we live in.

Get over it.

Banned

Yes, my dog hid under the chair because there was a lot of shouting, mainly of the irate variety interspaced with me muttering cheating **** and diving **** every 30 seconds. I'm still in a mood now.

I know Calvert-Lewin is annoying but you should support your players through thick and thin.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Would be good for the viewer I guess, but it would be dark times for the sport. No one would watch it on there.

The coverage was very good. The commentary of John Champion & Ally McCoist just focused on the play, didn't show bias, and didn't make snide comments to follow a certain agenda. In short, they were a gazillion times better than that Manc-loving tw*t Martin Tyler, and his ratfaced assistant Neville, whilst the pundits in the studio after the game knocked absolute socks off the cretins that usually sit opposite Lineker on MOTD these days (Jenas is one utter sh*thead, whilst Murphy is just an embittered Pinky-lookalike)

Anyway, my point is that football is so popular within the general population that people will seek it out on TV regardless of where it's being shown.

RL just doesn't have anything like that. It's unfortunately a minor sport in the UK as a whole. Outside of a core of fans, there's little interest. There are people who like sports in general and they might watch SL if they see it's on when flicking through the Sky Sports channels (boosting viewing figures), but they won't actively go looking for games on other viewing platforms.

Amazon are dipping their toe in with football and will be looking at how many extra subscriptions to Prime they get on the back of this (and how many 'free trials' are signed-up to ) but they really won't have any interest in showing RL - unless Jeff Bezos is a closet SuperLeague fan and is in a benevolent mood.

You in a mood must be quite something haha

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    The coverage was very good. The commentary of John Champion & Ally McCoist just focused on the play, didn't show bias, and didn't make snide comments to follow a certain agenda. In short, they were a gazillion times better than that Manc-loving tw*t Martin Tyler, and his ratfaced assistant Neville, whilst the pundits in the studio after the game knocked absolute socks off the cretins that usually sit opposite Lineker on MOTD these days (Jenas is one utter sh*thead, whilst Murphy is just an embittered Pinky-lookalike)

Meant to add - if the Sky SL coverage could replicate that Amazon approach (not having partisan/stupid/agenda-driven commentators & pundits) then it'd improve the package no end

In The South Stand

A few years ago in one of my efforts to get my Sky Subs reduced which did work , I said to them " I only want it for the Rugby League really and if you let me have just that for a tenner a month I will stay " I didn't get it for a tenner but I did get a good deal so I am still with them.

Learning All The Songs

I know Calvert-Lewin is annoying but you should support your players through thick and thin.
    I thought he was on about Richarlison, throwing himself to the ground in the box again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    I thought he was on about Richarlison, throwing himself to the ground in the box again.
    Likewise Calvert-Lewin..

Default Motd

Jenas thinks throwing a tantrum is showing passion, but he's still miles ahead of Ian Wright, but who isn't. Neville is the biggest bore on telly after Ian Wright.

Noooobie

a guy was talking on talk sport said there is no new deal with super league after the current deal ends and the guy had heard there was no real desire to up what it pays.if sky does go tits up the game would die so lets hope they can get some broadcasters intrested.