Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little mix

Got A Season Ticket

Default Little mix

Iv just read that little mix are playing at the totally wicked stadium on the 27th June 2020.

About time we are doing something to bring extre revenue into the club and use our ground more.

I'm sure when the stadium was in the planning stages it was said that concerts and boxing matches would be happening to bring some cash in.

Banned

Please please please tell me they are not pre-match entertainment. Remember jedward at warrington?

Starting A Programme Collection

Great to see our stadium is hosting live events. Not my cup of tea but great to see our town making the most of such venues. Im sure plenty of people will enjoy the gig and bring revenue and publicity to our town .

I had a run around sherdley park during the reminisce festival. Again , not my scene but the vibe was fantastic. Thousands of people of all ages enjoying themselves , partying . Should make it a weekend event like cream fields.

Well done to Saints and the council for getting this on . More of the same please

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Great to see our stadium is hosting live events. Not my cup of tea but great to see our town making the most of such venues. Im sure plenty of people will enjoy the gig and bring revenue and publicity to our town .

I had a run around sherdley park during the reminisce festival. Again , not my scene but the vibe was fantastic. Thousands of people of all ages enjoying themselves , partying . Should make it a weekend event like cream fields.

Well done to Saints and the council for getting this on . More of the same please
    I think that's the eventual plan regarding reminisce, I know it's a pain for local residents, but there must be a significant windfall for the council..

As for little mix, it's a great effort by Saints to host this, worth a few quid to the club no doubt, and a decent bit of revenue for local businesses.. the benefits of your own stadium

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I remember a few years ago McManus mentioned other income revenue streams, more events and hopefully better profits for the club.

Not something of any interest to me but if it puts extra bucks in the club coffers then it's a good move.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Not something of any interest to me but if it puts extra bucks in the club coffers then it's a good move.
    I agree. I've never understood why we haven't tried anything like this before, but more appealing to Saints fans. James playing at Langtree Park would be great.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Given Wigan’s financial troubles they could do something like this.......... oh no wait a minute renting a stadium is far more cost effective since you don’t have to fork out for new carpet.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

not my cup of tea but well done saints. Hopefully the first of many but I suspect we will need to sort out the parking a bit better?
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand

I'm really not sure why you are all claiming to not like Little Mix. How can you not? I'm more excited for this news that perhaps any announcement the club has made since the giant neon V installation at Knowsley Road. This is monumental news, Wigan don't have Little Mix performing at their tiny Robin Park Arena do they. No they don't.

I think we should capitalise on the fame and have them perform before the game against the Roosters. In fact, Perrie should take the kick off as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    Please please please tell me they are not pre-match entertainment. Remember jedward at warrington?
    They’re slightly better looking and more successful. Bit like us really. Looks like I’m getting stung for a couple of tickets.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I wouldn't go to see them myself, but a great promotion for the club. With Liverpool and Manchester so close I hope it's a sell out, leading to further events. Depending who is playing, I would definitely go for some bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    I agree. I've never understood why we haven't tried anything like this before, but more appealing to Saints fans. James playing at Langtree Park would be great.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    I remember being in a fans meeting when a club official stated that other clubs had sustained sizeable losses staging concerts.
    Clearly been a change of heart and possibly guarantees put in place against chance of loss.
    I guess opportunities limited due to our summer season too.

Banned

I remember being in a fans meeting when a club official stated that other clubs had sustained sizeable losses staging concerts.
    Clearly been a change of heart and possibly guarantees put in place against chance of loss.
    I guess opportunities limited due to our summer season too.
    Aye, it's £100 a ticket ffs, wish I'd kept my mouth shut now. Must admit, I'm not sure how many people from the town could afford that, especially as it's more for youngsters who would need someone to accompany them.

Got A Season Ticket zerohero1266's Avatar

We had this a few years ago with PreccyFest & it was cancelled due to woful ticket sales.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero1266 View Post
    We had this a few years ago with PreccyFest & it was cancelled due to woful ticket sales.
    Yes but preccyfest didn't feature big name groups. Like them or loathe them little mix are a big name in the music industry and i don't foresee any problems filling the place ( bar pricing )

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Aye, it's £100 a ticket ffs, wish I'd kept my mouth shut now. Must admit, I'm not sure how many people from the town could afford that, especially as it's more for youngsters who would need someone to accompany them.
    And they're going on sale just in time for Xmas...

Learning All The Songs

Could do really well this. They have a massive early teens following and I think they will pester the life out of parents to buy tickets as Christmas presents. I just hope it’s a stand alone concert as I won’t be going anywhere near it!
    Well done Saints though. Shows great enterprise!

Great piece of business, just hope the pitch isn’t compromised - I know they put a floor down but usually it leaves it’s mark

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

Default Little mix

Quote Originally Posted by Saintfryer View Post

About time we are doing something to bring extre revenue into the club and use our ground more.
    About time? All I can suggest is that you go to the club on any non-match day and look at the amount of activity... the suites are being used by lots of organisations and companies during the day, it’s being used for all sorts of corporate events in the evenings as well as weddings etc On an evening the Community foundation constantly have things going on whether it be cheerleading, fitness classes etc.

The only thing we haven’t done to date is utilise the pitch itself - I know there was an event organised and cancelled a few years back but it missed a trick as it was £50 plus per ticket for a concert to watch a host of B list 80s bands - and that had a very narrow appeal.

I think we missed a trick not getting Elton John who then went on to do Widnes and Leigh stadiums where the local councils who owned the ground would’ve coined it.

This event will be sold out by the end of the day on Thursday when tickets go on general sale - standard tickets for North and South where £70+ rising to £146 for seats in the blocks closest to the stage, the West terrace is being sold as standing and there’ll be another couple of thousand on the pitch.

If we assume on average tickets are £75 and they sold 15000 for the event, that would be over 1.1 million in ticket sales!!

The club will have rented the stadium out for a set the event. I’ve no idea what the going rate is, but if we guessed that we’ve rented it for 10% of this, that’s 100k extra in the clubs coffers... benefit of owning our own stadium that’s essentially a first team stars wages paid for the season. That’s before bar sales etc on the day.

Once this proves to be a success, all the other major concert promoters will eye the stadium up to add to their circuit of venues - if every summer we can fit 3-4 big name concerts in around the rugby, that’s an enormous amount of income for the club which will allow us to stay competing at the top of the table for years to come.

My bank account is now a considerable amount lighter after buying 4 tickets!!

@RedveeDotNet

Banned

Love to see Madness come to Langtree Park. I think this is a really good starter for ten. I did laugh when I saw the criticism of the club for not utilising the stadium some people are unbelievable. The events are all the way through to Christmas with a variety of package nights in a highly competitive market. That is besides the daily corporate training events etc. What we cant accuse the club of is being poorly run. As an Evertonian I know what a poorly run club looks like.

This
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    About time? All I can suggest is that you go to the club on any non-match day and look at the amount of activity... the suites are being used by lots of organisations and companies during the day, it’s being used for all sorts of corporate events in the evenings as well as weddings etc On an evening the Community foundation constantly have things going on whether it be cheerleading, fitness classes etc.

The only thing we haven’t done to date is utilise the pitch itself - I know there was an event organised and cancelled a few years back but it missed a trick as it was £50 plus per ticket for a concert to watch a host of B list 80s bands - and that had a very narrow appeal.

I think we missed a trick not getting Elton John who then went on to do Widnes and Leigh stadiums where the local councils who owned the ground would’ve coined it.

This event will be sold out by the end of the day on Thursday when tickets go on general sale - standard tickets for North and South where £70+ rising to £146 for seats in the blocks closest to the stage, the West terrace is being sold as standing and there’ll be another couple of thousand on the pitch.

If we assume on average tickets are £75 and they sold 15000 for the event, that would be over 1.1 million in ticket sales!!

The club will have rented the stadium out for a set the event. I’ve no idea what the going rate is, but if we guessed that we’ve rented it for 10% of this, that’s 100k extra in the clubs coffers... benefit of owning our own stadium that’s essentially a first team stars wages paid for the season. That’s before bar sales etc on the day.

Once this proves to be a success, all the other major concert promoters will eye the stadium up to add to their circuit of venues - if every summer we can fit 3-4 big name concerts in around the rugby, that’s an enormous amount of income for the club which will allow us to stay competing at the top of the table for years to come.

That’s all very well but at the end of the day we will have to buy our own carpet.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post

Great to read that the stadium is being utilised so much,

Got A Season Ticket Dom McCormack's Avatar

All's I'll say is two words.

Soap Aid.
    Have a quick look at 'The Last Days Of Knowsley Road' here http://saintsbook.wordpress.com/