Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Your top 5 Individual Moments

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Default Your top 5 Individual Moments

Just been watching the 2019 montage highlights of the Saints Videos on our individual players and didn't realise there was an enormous amount of special individual moments be it scoring tries, making a break, great tackles, great catches, great kicks.

What are your own personal best top 5 individual moments from this great team of ours.

Learning All The Songs

Losing at Wembley......I think it instilled the determination & ruthlessness that we showed against both Wigan in the semis and Salford in the final.

1. Singing 'Sit Down' at Old Trafford, such relief that we had got over the line.

2. Tatering Wigan in the Qualifier

3. Tatering Wigan on Good Friday

4. Makinson's drop goal in the g.f.

5. Wembley. Disappointing result but had a very good trip there & back.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    1. Singing 'Sit Down' at Old Trafford, such relief that we had got over the line.

2. Tatering Wigan in the Qualifier

3. Tatering Wigan on Good Friday

4. Makinson's drop goal in the g.f.

5. Wembley. Disappointing result but had a very good trip there & back.
    I think your Taterings of Wigan (was it 4 with the semi being the best?) stand out. Oh, and the small matter of winning the LLS by a record number of points and the small matter of winning the Grand Final. Tatering is a great word.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

In no particular order:-

1. The Lomax crash tackle on Mamo, I think Thompson scored from the Lomax pick up.

2. That mazy run from Grace who went all the way by skinning the last man standing in Ratchford.

3. The double break and cut inside to go through 3 Hull defenders to score

4. That snatch and grab jump from Coote to take the ball off I think was Hardaker to score.

5. The joy of Justin Holbrooks face at the final whistle of the Grand Final.

1. The first 90 seconds of the season opener with Naiqama scoring against Wigan.

2. The final whistle at Old Trafford.

3. The rugby played by Saints in between 1 and 2 above.

4. Sitting in a central Manchester pub after the GF letting the fact that we were again champions sink in.

5. The satisfaction of seeing a genuine nice bloke, Justin Holbrook, get his just rewards.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

In no particular order

1. Wembley, took my little one for the first time and absolutely loved it (4 year olds don't care for the results)

2. Grace's try vs Warrington at home

3. Grace's try vs Wigan on Good Friday

4. Relaxing after 10 minutes at Old Trafford because I knew we were too good to lose

5. The first half against Wigan, in the playoffs, probably the most complete half I can remember

1. The Percival try at OT. This was the moment I knew we had won, put the disappointment of Wembley behind us and achieved the double.

2. The two performances against Wigan - Good Friday and the play off semi. The first on a lovely warm day scoring some amazing tries and witnessing the atmosphere in that packed away end. The semi was an absolute belter of a performance of total dominance.

3. I really enjoyed the first Warrington away win in the league. Again - roasting hot day, packed out away end, amazing atmosphere and a result where we really stood toe to toe with them for an hour and then delivered the killer blows late on.

4. The almost meaningless games against so-called big teams where we played lots of kids and still managed to win easily - Leeds, Warrington( second time) and Hull away.

5. Huddersfield away early season. This was when I realised that we were going to have an exceptional season - Coote was amazing that night.

In The West Stand

For individual moments for players

Coote - the kick at Huddersfield that should have gone dead
    Makinson - the try at home vs Leeds in June (the drop goal was pretty special but that try was something else)
    Naiqama - the first try of the year (closely followed by his try at Magic Weekend)
    Percival - the try at the Grand Final
    Grace - the try at home vs Warrington leading to the Lineham scuffle
    Lomax - the tackle vs Wakefield in the CCQF - completely killed any chance of a fight back
    Fages - probably his try vs Hull (as a result of his kicking game in general)
    Thompson - less a moment, but the swagger walk after being subbed in the semi (a whole year performance in a moment)
    Roby - the last try vs Salford away - he had no right or reason to be in that position, incredible effort
    Walmsley - the pass that led to the first try in the GF (and so many similar like it)
    Taia - the pass vs Salford to Lomax to start the comeback (that was so good the ref had to go to the screen)
    Peyroux - the 2nd try vs Castleford - he was in incredible form and he took 4 over the line with him
    Knowles - the try vs Hull where he basically just ran through three (though like Thompson he was just consistently brilliant, his whole game at Magic Weekend could have been used)

Lees - the try vs Warrington at home from the kick
    Amor - the break vs Warrington away that led to the Paulo try
    Bentley - that try vs Salford
    LMS - the last minute winner vs Wakefield, less about the individual moment, but his reaction and enthusiasm summed up

In The South Stand

In no particular order:

- Regan Grace's try versus Warrington at home. There aren't many players in Super League, or rugby league in general, who can do something like that. Just special to watch, nothing better to see a flying winger sitting players down on his way to scoring a brilliant try.
    - Matty Lees' try versus Warrington. The one where the kick bounced and he ran onto it. Brilliant moment.
    - Luke Thompson's try versus Warrington. The kick, Mamo being caramelised by Lomax, Thommo stepping and celebrating... Great stuff
    - The semi final performance against Wigan. The complete performance, arguably our best performance in Super League ever. Okay, Wigan being such a terrible side made it easier, but there were still plenty tipping Wigan to beat Saints that night. We just bullied them for 80 minutes, wiped the floor with them and never let up.
    - Old Trafford. We all knew we'd win, lets face it, we did. Once Morgan Knowles had strolled in for the first we all just enjoyed it. Nothing better than the game being entertaining but you knowing your side is always dominant. So many moments in that game too. Knowles' try let out the pressure valve after a tense opening which was so similar to Wembley's, the dominant defense, the pack being so in control, Robes' bit of magic from the scrum, Percival's wonder-try, Big Kev's two boomers. Just a great day out, helped by the Salford fans being so good. I saw absolutely no trouble, literally nothing, for the first time in a Grand Final since the Hull one.

Banned

1. HEEESSSSS THE REASSSOOOONNNN at wigan away will always stick with me

2. Oh sit down after won the gf

3. Lomax tackle on ratchford

4. Stuffing wigan in the semi final

5. Falling on my arse infront of about 3 thousand fans infront of the away end at warrington and having to walk away to 'you fell over you fell over'

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I have only one. The final whistle at OT........I sat down and thought thank God for that.
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Just been watching the 2019 montage highlights of the Saints Videos on our individual players and didn't realise there was an enormous amount of special individual moments be it scoring tries, making a break, great tackles, great catches, great kicks.

What are your own personal best top 5 individual moments from this great team of ours.
    1 Zeb's try in the GF
    2 Snoting Wigan in the SF
    3 Regans try v Wire
    4 Tommy's dg in the GF
    5 The home game v Salford

Got A Replica Shirt

In no particular order....

1) Warrington at home, Wigan Good Friday and then Hull FC on Easter Monday..... the measure of performance of those 3 games, think we knew we were in for a special season
    2) Magic Weekend.... total domination from the start
    3) Wembley... although the defeat was very hard to take i genuinely think that was the kick up the arse we needed to win the GF
    4) Old Trafford.... you knew after 10 mins we were far too strong
    5) He's the reason..... to hear the away end sing that on Good Friday was spine tingling

1. The full time hooter at Old Trafford and Alex Walmsley sprinting 70 yards to celebrate in front of the fans.

2. The semi final win over Wigan. The fact that we did not just win, we destroyed them from minute 1 to 80. We put to bed all the pre-game talk about Wigan and post-Wembley doubts.

3. Everything about Wembley day until the 3rd minute of the match.

4. The semi final win against Halifax, not the game, but the feeling after the game of being back at Wembley for the first time in over a decade.

5. Wigan away on Good Friday. The first time that we had given Wigan a good hiding in years since probably 2008. We have beaten them in that time on many occasions (and lost around an equal number of times), but in that time I can't recall us having that amount of dominance. Great to see an en-masse 70th minute Wigan walk and the away end roaring out "he's the reason" at the final whistle.

So many other brilliant memories too. Feels almost wrong to exclude the LLS win. There were two very dominant wins against Cas away and at Magic which made me realise how special this team was, Regan Grace's try at home against Wire and so many more. Hard to keep it to 5!

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Percival's try in the Grand Final. I was sat near a group who didn't seem to like him.
    Morgan Knowles try. Not bad to score the first try in 2 big finals !
    Tommy's drop goal. Used to hate it when other teams did it to us.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.