Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris Johnson

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by oldcritch View Post
    At least Boris had heard about St Helens, Corbyn thinks it is St Helena, wish he'd go there!!
    Don’t consider personalities. Just read about the decline of the NHS under this Government. The writer is a doctor. He can explain things better than me.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Sorry, but yes, I'd prefer that to the 'car crash' that Corbyn et al would bring with them.
    A bit like a return to the 70's!
    Life on Mars anyone?
    Yes but Boris and the Tories also want to take us back to the the 70s, the 1870s and no health care, no employment rights, no maternity/paternity rights, no rights at all.

Just ask yourself what has the Labour Party ever done for us (not Blair and the de-education of the working classes with tutition fees etc) I mean the proper Labour Party looking after the working man, not pretending that just cos you have a good job or a doing well (driving a BMW?) you need to pull up the ladder cos everyone else is just a shirker and layabout (yes these people exist but they exist in every level of society).

By all means vote for Boris to ‘Get Brexit Done’, but answer me this in what way has being in the EU personally adversely affected you life.
    (That means that how are you worse off by being in the EU).

Sorry but I didn’t want to be dragged into politics on Redvee, but I don’t want this tripe to be allowed to pass un challenged

In The South Stand

Can we cut out the politics on this forum? There are plenty of sites where political discussion is welcome, I for one treasure this site as a place to get away from all that stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by stobartmassive View Post
    Can you convince me why I should vote for the conservatives, and try doing it without mentioning or comparing to labour or Corbyn
    Perhaps only to register a protest vote against the present Labour MPs who ignored the voting public of St Helens in doing everything they could to stymie Brexit? There will probably be better ways of showing discontent, however.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Can we cut out the politics on this forum? There are plenty of sites where political discussion is welcome, I for one treasure this site as a place to get away from all that stuff!
    I agree ( even though I have had a rant) can we lock this because nutters like me can’t help themselves. Please lock it and let’s get back to how crap Wayne Bennet it.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    I agree ( even though I have had a rant) can we lock this because nutters like me can’t help themselves. Please lock it and let’s get back to how crap Wayne Bennet it.
    Seconded.

The ayes have it.

I’m talking about Bennett.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Thirded...And I a drive a Renault Captur...And I voted remain...

Starting A Programme Collection

Sorry, but yes, I'd prefer that to the 'car crash' that Corbyn et al would bring with them.
    A bit like a return to the 70's!
    Life on Mars anyone?
    A return to the seventies would not be a bad thing at all. No zero hour contracts for a start. Plenty of work for those who wanted it with decent wages. Young couples could afford a deposit on a house enabling them to get on the property ladder. Stabbings were a rarity rather than commonplace. Plenty pubs and nearly all full at weekends. History say the trade unions brought the country to its knees, what they did was get better pay and conditions for the blue collar workers. If given the chance I would go back to the seventies like a shot. I would then be living alongside English people and not surrounded by Romanian gypsies.

Learning All The Songs

Thirded...And I a drive a Renault Captur...And I voted remain...
    Well that’s why you voted for the commies you pathetic no mark looser, you obviously haven’t worked hard enough to be able to afford a ‘Beamer’. Stick to your commie Corbyn jam making. Let us middle mangers who have made it and live Eccleston tell you are a cretin for voting to ensure employment rights, civil rights the are enshrined in law. And don’t worry about the NHS the people who work there are all immigrants shirkers who should be deported.

Got A Season Ticket

Well that’s why you voted for the commies you pathetic no mark looser, you obviously haven’t worked hard enough to be able to afford a ‘Beamer’. Stick to your commie Corbyn jam making. Let us middle mangers who have made it and live Eccleston tell you are a cretin for voting to ensure employment rights, civil rights the are enshrined in law. And don’t worry about the NHS the people who work there are all immigrants shirkers who should be deported.
    Middle Managers, by definition only average.
    Why would anyone want to drive a Renault Captur?

Got A Season Ticket

Yes but Boris and the Tories also want to take us back to the the 70s, the 1870s and no health care, no employment rights, no maternity/paternity rights, no rights at all.
    Fake News Alert! Project Fear! Grow up mate. If you're going to come on here and attempt to challenge an argument, at least try and act like you're not a five year old kid.

Jeez. Can we please get back to the Rugby.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by saint87 View Post
    Fake News Alert! Project Fear! Grow up mate. If you're going to come on here and attempt to challenge an argument, at least try and act like you're not a five year old kid.

Similar to what a previous poster has done but you pick and choose your moments to interject. Anyway RL. What do you want to talk about?

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Similar to what a previous poster has done but you pick and choose your moments to interject. Anyway RL. What do you want to talk about?
    Stobarts....not looking good :-(

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Stobarts....not looking good :-(
    Tenuous link

Quote Originally Posted by saint87 View Post

Not until the end of January mate. This is the definition of an off-season thread
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Perhaps only to register a protest vote against the present Labour MPs who ignored the voting public of St Helens in doing everything they could to stymie Brexit? There will probably be better ways of showing discontent, however.
    I am not sure Labour, as a party, actually are anti-brexit. It is just the government are trying to "Get Brexit Done" and the opposition are just trying to sabotage it. The whole thing is bonkers. I mean Labour are the working mans party, the clue is in the name. You would think they would have be pushing for Brexit.

I should really be worried about the current situation in politics but the part of me that likes rubber necking just wants to sit back and enjoy the mayhem. It is all a bit too fun.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Tenuous link
    Wasn't meant to be political, due to your user name I thought you may have some inside knowledge to the cause of their problems.

I was in a similar business myself so was just curious

Learning All The Songs

We don't want to return to the 70's. After beating Widnes in 76 we were pretty poor !

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Wasn't meant to be political, due to your user name I thought you may have some inside knowledge to the cause of their problems.

I was in a similar business myself so was just curious
    Sorry it’s just a nod to our brief stay at the chemics home

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Not living in UK I don't have a strong opinion either way on this. I do read the Star daily plus my wife is in regular contact with many people living in St Helens. Looking at those different sources, why anyone would vote for someone like Marie Rimmer is beyond me.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Not living in UK I don't have a strong opinion either way on this. I do read the Star daily plus my wife is in regular contact with many people living in St Helens. Looking at those different sources, why anyone would vote for someone like Marie Rimmer is beyond me.
    I think folks tend to vote for the party rather than the individual...

And just to bring this back to a RL related thread, there are at least a few MP's who are very aware of our sport.
    There's an all party RL group of MPs, plus there's a team called 'Political Animals'. I doubt if BJ or JC are players though!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I voted remain but I am puzzled why our two labour MP's are still in post after voting consistently against the wishes of the people they represented. Sorry but it's better than watching GB under Bennett.
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

Perhaps they realise that Brexit will lead to the further impoverishment of the town and its people, as well as the destruction of a raft or protections for workers, for the environment, for the consumer when this bunch of right-wing shysters in government have their fabled 'bonfire of regulations'. And view it as best serving their constituents by not going along with a populist wave that is built on lies, false promises and media manipulation.

I'm not a slavish EU-phile and know it has many faults. But it's forced this country's governments - often kicking & screaming in the case of the Thatcher/Major era - to implement legislation that has provided wholesale societal improvements.

I've not had any Brexiteer explain to me one tangible benefit of leaving. Once the "£350m a week for the NHS" bullsh*t had been exposed as a lie, they have nothing beyond some immature and nebulous concept of nationalism.

Outside of the EU, the country will be toast. We'll be eaten alive by a combination of the corporate monster that is the USA, Putin's oligarchial Russia, and a ruthless China with its 'state capitalism'. As a country, we're a crumbling former power now residing in the 2nd or 3rd division of global importance, with too many of its citizens living in an embittered denial as they look backwards to days of Empire and ruling the waves. It's only via our membership of the EU and the nuclear bombs we rent off Uncle Sam that keeps us relevant.

Got A Season Ticket

Don’t worry Webbo at least those that put us in the mess can all avoid tax regulations that were to be introduced and we can continue to doff our cap to the elite and blame immigrants for the ills of the country.

To be honest it isn’t worth arguing with a lot of people, particularly working class tories. No one really cared about our membership of the EU five years ago but the gullible are easily whipped into a mouth frothing storm.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Perhaps they realise that Brexit will lead to the further impoverishment of the town and its people, as well as the destruction of a raft or protections for workers, for the environment, for the consumer when this bunch of right-wing shysters in government have their fabled 'bonfire of regulations'. And view it as best serving their constituents by not going along with a populist wave that is built on lies, false promises and media manipulation.

I'm not a slavish EU-phile and know it has many faults. But it's forced this country's governments - often kicking & screaming in the case of the Thatcher/Major era - to implement legislation that has provided wholesale societal improvements.

I've not had any Brexiteer explain to me one tangible benefit of leaving. Once the "£350m a week for the NHS" bullsh*t had been exposed as a lie, they have nothing beyond some immature and nebulous concept of nationalism.

Outside of the EU, the country will be toast. We'll be eaten alive by a combination of the corporate monster that is the USA, Putin's oligarchial Russia, and a ruthless China with its 'state capitalism'. As a country, we're a crumbling former power now residing in the 2nd or 3rd division of global importance, with too many of its citizens living in an embittered denial as they look backwards to days of Empire and ruling the waves. It's only via our membership of the EU and the nuclear bombs we rent off Uncle Sam that keeps us relevant.
    Absolutely nailed it, Webbo.