Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Boris Johnson

Banned

The biggest problem was , and Corbyn said it the other is that the tories convinced everyone that they were the only party to get Brexit done . The tories said we’ll get Brexit done . The lib-dems said we’ll revoke article 50 and cancel Brexit . Labour said we might get Brexit done but then again the people might not want Brexit but then again they might want it . The big fat fence that Jeremy sat on , I hope that the splinters really hurt for a long time ! By the way I voted labour.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnno65 View Post
    The biggest problem was , and Corbyn said it the other is that the tories convinced everyone that they were the only party to get Brexit done . The tories said we’ll get Brexit done . The lib-dems said we’ll revoke article 50 and cancel Brexit . Labour said we might get Brexit done but then again the people might not want Brexit but then again they might want it . The big fat fence that Jeremy sat on , I hope that the splinters really hurt for a long time ! By the way I voted labour.
    The biggest problem was Corbyn trying to convince the voters that he would get a better withdrawal deal better than Johnson and have a second referendum after 6 months into another Groundhog Day. Emily Thornberry also didn't help the cause either in this belief:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSa2wvJCIEc

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Other about-turns on policies designed to fool the plebs into thinking the Tories weren't the bunch of amoral c**ts they always were:

Plans to protect home owners from the leaseshold vampires watered down
    Pledge to protect workers rights scrapped
    Protections for refugee children scrapped

Along with moves to sideline Parliamentary & Judiciary oversight to shunt the country more towards a right-wing dictatorship:

Removing Parliament's ability to scrutinise trade deal negotiations
    Plans to neuter the power of the judiciary to ensure the Government acts within the law
    Plans to introduce voter ID checks (despite the UK having virtually no voter fraud, and the measures would hit those low-income voters hardest)

But hey, the right-wing media and the BBC government mouthpiece will hush-up any opposition, then portray the next Labour leader to be a Stalinist madman/woman who wants screw everyone over who has more than 50p in savings.
    Well the Tories sneaked another one through late last night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50874181

And to think they said Corbyn was a threat to national security!

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Perhaps the wider electorate don’t have as powerful a crystal ball as you or, possibly, they preferred that future under a Tory government than their perception of what one would be under Corbyn. At the end of the day, and perhaps sadly, the majority of people are fundamentally self-centred and don't adopt an altruistic view by considering the possible wider implications.

The people that voted for Brexit must be the ones with the crystal ball. Either that or they fully understood customs unions, free markets, the Good Friday agreement, immigration policy and the damage to the economy. I somehow doubt that.

Public opinion has changed since that referendum because of everything that has happened since. The Tories conflated Brexit with a general election and pulled the wool over many people's eyes. Nevertheless, the pro-Brexit parties (Tory and Brexit) only got around 46% of the vote and then claim that they have a mandate for Brexit.

They have filled the Commons with hand-picked puppets who will not challenge them. They are already trying to take away worker’s rights. Why would anybody vote for that unless they were wealthy?

The right-wing press characterised Corbyn as a Marxist with their constant, nagging criticism. This became the normalised opinion. These were the people that talked about ‘project fear’. How ironic. His policies were arguably no more left-wing than many European social democracies.

The Tory party has banned all newTory MPs from talking to the media, and ministers refuse to be interview by the BBC. How can they be held to account for anything?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Meninga View Post
    The people that voted for Brexit must be the ones with the crystal ball. Either that or they fully understood customs unions, free markets, the Good Friday agreement, immigration policy and the damage to the economy. I somehow doubt that.

Public opinion has changed since that referendum because of everything that has happened since. The Tories conflated Brexit with a general election and pulled the wool over many people's eyes. Nevertheless, the pro-Brexit parties (Tory and Brexit) only got around 46% of the vote and then claim that they have a mandate for Brexit.

They have filled the Commons with hand-picked puppets who will not challenge them. They are already trying to take away worker’s rights. Why would anybody vote for that unless they were wealthy?

The right-wing press characterised Corbyn as a Marxist with their constant, nagging criticism. This became the normalised opinion. These were the people that talked about ‘project fear’. How ironic. His policies were arguably no more left-wing than many European social democracies.

The Tory party has banned all newTory MPs from talking to the media, and ministers refuse to be interview by the BBC. How can they be held to account for anything?

Top post.

The general public have been brainwashed over decades by a right-wing media whose tax-dodging multi-millionaire/billionaire owners hate the protections for ordinary people & regulations that the EU imposed on the UK, and gaslighted naïve people into believing the cause of the declining standard of living in the UK was the fault of the EU.

And yet, no Brexit supporter can name me one tangible net benefit that leaving the EU will bring for ordinary people, beyond some immature and nebulous concept based around nationalism, led by a pathetic harking back to days of Empire that are long gone.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Top post.

The general public have been brainwashed over decades by a right-wing media whose tax-dodging multi-millionaire/billionaire owners hate the protections for ordinary people & regulations that the EU imposed on the UK, and gaslighted naïve people into believing the cause of the declining standard of living in the UK was the fault of the EU.

And yet, no Brexit supporter can name me one tangible net benefit that leaving the EU will bring for ordinary people, beyond some immature and nebulous concept based around nationalism, led by a pathetic harking back to days of Empire that are long gone.
    I am an ardent remainder, but I can give up one tangible benefit of leaving the EU. We are not longer bound by the Common Agriculture Policy. Hopefully this now means that governments will have billions of money that can be diverted from millionaire big agri-business into more vote winning causes.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    I am an ardent remainder, but I can give up one tangible benefit of leaving the EU. We are not longer bound by the Common Agriculture Policy. Hopefully this now means that governments will have billions of money that can be diverted from millionaire big agri-business into more vote winning causes.
    In 2014 France received 7.8 Billion from CAP with 71% of farmers receiving more than 5k. The EU AVE for farmers receiving payments of more than 5k is 20%. For the same period the UK received 3.2 Billion. With approx 10k (don't know the percentage) receiving less than 5k. These figures would have been skewed much more in France's favour a few years earlier before the CAP was reformed.