Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aussie tour 2020

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I think there is too much negativity here.
    An Ashes series for the first time in years should be an easy sell.
    The RFL have a full 12 months to market the final test and done right majority if not all of the tickets should be sold by the time the results from the first two tests are known.
    The only spanner in the works for me is the current coach. I think we need to have the balls to remove him and get someone else in charge. I'm personally in the Wane camp.
    Pretty much agree but we are depending on getting rid of Bennett, and you are assuming the RFL can market this better than they have done anything in the past. I would love to be proved wrong and see a full spurs stadium. If we can go into that as a decider then I would probably fly over for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Oh pick your dummy up. If you like American football that's fair enough but you're always mentioning it. It annoys me that this kind of rubbish is always on Sky along with the likes of replayed GP's, basketball, wrestling etc while we can't get a look in.

Sorry to derail the thread a bit but these eternally offended people (edited) do my head in.

I agree with Div, it should be an easy sell but you just know the RFL will manage to make a bollocks of it.
    On Sky website i won't even click on the links for the likes of NFL, Basketball, Ladies Football etc. I just wouldn't want sky website counters to think I am interested, and push RL further down the food chain.
    Having said that, when I lived in the US I had some great days out watching the 49ers. But the thing is it was a day out, throwing a ball around and drinking a few beers before KO, after the game a BBQ from the back of a Ute and a load more beers from Eskys. The occasion was much better than the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Gertrude! You are either a child or a Tommy Robinson supporter. My guess is both...
    What's wrong with Tommy?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    On Sky website i won't even click on the links for the likes of NFL, Basketball, Ladies Football etc. I just wouldn't want sky website counters to think I am interested, and push RL further down the food chain.
    Having said that, when I lived in the US I had some great days out watching the 49ers. But the thing is it was a day out, throwing a ball around and drinking a few beers before KO, after the game a BBQ from the back of a Ute and a load more beers from Eskys. The occasion was much better than the game.
    Neither would I but then again I'm not interested lol.

My uncle said the same about watching NFL. I'm not sure I could put up with being bored stupid for 4 hours or however long it is a game goes on.

Maybe it’s on sky because it’s popular..Get over it..Six games a week. More than Rugby League. Guess it’s just fact that more people in U.K. like NFL more than RL.
    4 sell out games a year in U.K. tickets sell quicker than an FA cup final. 80+ thousand at Wembley. Far more than RL CC Final.
    A possible franchise in the making in the U.K. in next few years.
    Hey this US rubbish is doing ok over here.
    But guess what you don’t have to watch.. or comment on it.

There are plenty of things that seem to be popular but it's no measure of quality in my opinion. Music being a prime example.

Life is full of choices and if we all liked the same thing it would be pretty dull.

I'm opinionated on many things but I respect other people's choices.
    Both my daughter's attended the NFL event at Wembley. Strangely neither seem to watch it any other time on TV ( one of them spent a year in Colorado and got into the college game there at uni)

When it comes to sport love my RL, like Football other than those only athletics and skiing are vaguely of interest.
    RU, any US sport, F1, cricket, tennis, golf, etc hold no interest at all, just can't watch it beyond minutes. Does not mean they are not popular just not for me and I sure am not going to fall out with anybody over it.

What's wrong with Tommy?
    Plenty I would say.

Banned

What's wrong with Tommy?
    One of the biggest w ankers on these Isles....

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    One of the biggest w ankers on these Isles....
    Enjoying life in his expensive house paid for by the gullible.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Enjoying life in his expensive house paid for by the gullible.
    He's in jail isn't he?

He's in jail isn't he?
    No idea.

Banned

He's in jail isn't he?
    Best place for the scumbag - but sadly not; released early a couple of months ago.

Not sure Bolton has much edge over Wigan or Hull?
    Capacity wise can't be much in it?
    Not sure what the attraction is with the place?

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

It's been levelled at the RFL in the past about poor planning getting to April/May before dates and venues have been announced for test series, this time we've got 12 months to sell out venues, good work this time.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Maybe it’s on sky because it’s popular..Get over it..Six games a week. More than Rugby League. Guess it’s just fact that more people in U.K. like NFL more than RL.
    4 sell out games a year in U.K. tickets sell quicker than an FA cup final. 80+ thousand at Wembley. Far more than RL CC Final.
    A possible franchise in the making in the U.K. in next few years.
    Hey this US rubbish is doing ok over here.
    But guess what you don’t have to watch.. or comment on it.
    Don't be daft. The NFL struggles to pull in half the viewers RL does on Sky. The fact that so many games are on is thst half of them are at 1am and the others are Sunday night with next to no completion. Plus, it's cheap and fills a lot of time for Sky.

Also, alot of the people that fill Wembley and Spurs are the same people. There are probably no more than 150,000 people making up those 4 crowds of 62-80,000 every year. They also only have to do it 4 times a year as opposed to 30 times a year like RL fans so saving up for the London games is a hell of a lot easier than juggling priorities when you have wall to wall games for 8 months including a potential Cup Final, Grand Final, Magic Weekend, trip to Perpignan etc.

The NFL is still very much a niche sport here, but it has a loyal following that put their hands in their pockets for those London games. To say it is more popular that Rugby League is hopefully a joke.

And, as you know, I am a massive NFL fan of over 30 years.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Its great that Aussies are coming over next year...but in reality it should be a annual thing. We should already know this is happening by way of a 4 - 8 year calendar.

Tour rugby needs to be every year. With a W/C year 1
    International fixtures Year 2
    GB tour year 3
    International fixtures year 4.
    Then start the cycle again.

Plus the games over in sothern hemisphere need to be put on at a time that doesnt lead to 3am kick off over here.

Better promotion of the game needs to included. The Lions (RU) started advertising for the South Africa Tour in '21 about 15 mins after the game against New Zealand finished in '17.

England RU advertised a day after they lost the W/C regarding some games in November