Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixtures

Learning All The Songs

Our first Toronto game (29th Feb) is being played in London at Saracens (guessing they need the extra income to pay off the £5m fine they've just been given for a salary cap breach)
    https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...s-rugby-union/

In The South Stand

So only 1 match over Easter now with no Monday game,what are people's thoughts on that ?

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    I'd gladly accept a few games in January if it meant the most important game of the year, the GF is played in better weather instead of rainy cold nights in October.

Thankfully it didn't rain this year but Summer Rugby and the most important game of the year is played in Autumn/Winter. Never quite been able to get my head round that!
    I've always been in favour of starting the season on Boxing Day and having the GF 5 weeks earlier. I'm probably in the minority but I miss RL on Boxing day, there's some big crowds to be had. There are challenges possible postponements etc but we start in the last week of Jan now compare that with the first SL which started two months later at the end of March so we do still play winter rugby. Also Boxing Days are boring now and you'd get out of having to see people you don't really want to 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Our first Toronto game (29th Feb) is being played in London at Saracens (guessing they need the extra income to pay off the £5m fine they've just been given for a salary cap breach)
    https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...s-rugby-union/
    Is this a double header with a Union match as was mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    So only 1 match over Easter now with no Monday game,what are people's thoughts on that ?
    It is a good time to watch Rugby but the quality of the second game is usually poor. Also a lot of the teams with smaller squads get a lot taken out of them over Easter. Hopefully this should help more teams last 29 rounds.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Are we having a World Club Challenge game?

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    Are we having a World Club Challenge game?
    Same weekend we're at home to Catalan is the rumour. Guess we'll both double up over Easter rather than having a Tuesday midweek game

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    I think it's the right decision. Nowadays the toll on bodies seems much more severe than when many of us played. I just don't like fixture list in general, starting in January, then the loop fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by tartansaint View Post
    Same weekend we're at home to Catalan is the rumour. Guess we'll both double up over Easter rather than having a Tuesday midweek game
    RFL will probably make us play Saturday WCC then Sunday v Catalans
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    I've always been in favour of starting the season on Boxing Day and having the GF 5 weeks earlier. I'm probably in the minority but I miss RL on Boxing day, there's some big crowds to be had. There are challenges possible postponements etc but we start in the last week of Jan now compare that with the first SL which started two months later at the end of March so we do still play winter rugby. Also Boxing Days are boring now and you'd get out of having to see people you don't really want to ��
    I like that idea but boxing day is great, loads of sport on anyway if you like football and racing, plenty out in the pubs and everyone in a good mood. As I say though, not a bad idea and I wouldn't be against it, all games 3pm kick off although Toronto being there would balls that up.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Looks as though we could be handicapped for the 1/4 final of the Challenge Cup if applicable having to play Toronto the weekend before.
    Unless we get Toronto away in the draw (if applicable of course). What are the chances of that happening?!!!

Banned

Is the world club challenge deffo happening? Does anyone have concrete information.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Unless we get Toronto away in the draw (if applicable of course). What are the chances of that happening?!!!
    I thought I saw something that said that Toronto would play any Cup "home draw" in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I like that idea but boxing day is great, loads of sport on anyway if you like football and racing, plenty out in the pubs and everyone in a good mood. As I say though, not a bad idea and I wouldn't be against it, all games 3pm kick off although Toronto being there would balls that up.
    I think you're right mate, time has moved on I suppose. It would be a problem with Toronto. I do miss those days though.

Is this a double header with a Union match as was mentioned?
    Saracens are away to Northampton on that day - I suppose that there could be a "non-Premiership" match on.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by volls_dad View Post
    I thought I saw something that said that Toronto would play any Cup "home draw" in the UK
    Yes, I think you might be right there.
    Although I'll probably make the away trip in May, I still think the whole concept of a Canadian team in our domestic league is bonkers!

Saracens game is on a plastic pitch. Expect to not see Tommy Mc, Jonny Lomax etc..
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by volls_dad View Post
    Saracens are away to Northampton on that day - I suppose that there could be a "non-Premiership" match on.
    It's probably not then, it just mentioned a double header in the League Express.

In The South Stand

It's probably not then, it just mentioned a double header in the League Express.
    Saracens are away on the Friday. I wonder if London Broncos or Skolars will have a game moved to make it a double header?
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand

I agree with Woolyback post 8 and yes I have been to Watershedings in the depths of Winter.

Banned

Thrum Hall was on a par with the Sheddings.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    They cannot play at home in the cup that is definite.

Looking forward to the Toronto trip.

Got A Season Ticket

I’d recommend anyone goes to Toronto if they can make it, it’s a great city. I was there this year on a North American trip and it was the favourite place I visited, probably can’t make it back there next year but if the Wolfpack don’t get relegated I’ll definitely be going over in 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Thrum Hall was on a par with the Sheddings.
    I quite liked Thrum Hall as a lad, first away ground I went to so I guess it means something to me. You're right though, it was a dump and always freezing.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

It used to snow in Oldham in May!!
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.