Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Eamonn fined for speaking the truth

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Quite - it’s childish and small time.

The fact the justification being given by many is to see how much it winds up Wire fans is proof of this.

Our chairman broke the operational rules, agreed that he broke the operational rules, was fined and will pay the fine.

Just move on FFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry but no.

The whole thing was a farce. It should never have been allowed to happen. It did happen.

Operational rules? Translates to: "how dare you question us when you know we can't come up with a logical explanation.'

The sport needs better governance. It's amateurish & a fair few supporters have just about had enough of it

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Sorry but no.

The whole thing was a farce. It should never have been allowed to happen. It did happen.

Operational rules? Translates to: "how dare you question us when you know we can't come up with a logical explanation.'

The sport needs better governance. It's amateurish & a fair few supporters have just about had enough of it
    The whole thing goes back to the Millward days when he questioned referees consistency and performances the RFL promised transparency and procedures over matters like these. We are now 15 years on and the situations are no better, where was the transparency of the RFL in the situation with Hicks and the Warringtons hospitality to right the wrong of their own fan, it ended up as McManus rightly described it as a social media and publicity stunt and the buck stops at the RL door for the way they allowed it to be actioned without challenge.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Like Sheffield? Or perhaps Gateshead?

Hetherington is a blight on our game, a leech bleeding it dry. And if it wasn't for a guy putting money into Leeds they would be in an even worse position than they are

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    What are you talking about? Hetherington ran Sheffield at a profit and runs Leeds at a profit. Caddick is the only club owner in the sport who gets an annual dividend from the club, he doesn't put money into it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

The bottom line on this is that the brains trust at t he RFL should have looked at this before Hicks was appointed and done the right thing. With hindsight perhaps Eamonn should have had a word beforehand on the quiet. But I don't know if he did or not.

I suspect he knew at the time he would cop a fine but he obviously thought it was worth it.

I'd chuck a few quid in because I agreed with every word.
    Learned comment from The Don

Where do I chip in for EM?

The RFL, I've siht um!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    Where do I chip in for EM?

The problem with this is getting someone to be responsible for organising it.

The RFL, I've siht um!

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    The bottom line on this is that the brains trust at t he RFL should have looked at this before Hicks was appointed and done the right thing. With hindsight perhaps Eamonn should have had a word beforehand on the quiet. But I don't know if he did or not.

I suspect he knew at the time he would cop a fine but he obviously thought it was worth it.

I'd chuck a few quid in because I agreed with every word.
    I agree the Rugby League are totally and utterly irresponsible selecting him to take charge of the game after what had gone on between Hicks and Warrington. They are completely lacking in any common sense whatsoever and they should be paying Eamon for highlighting how unfit they are to run anything.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I agree the Rugby League are totally and utterly irresponsible selecting him to take charge of the game after what had gone on between Hicks and Warrington. They are completely lacking in any common sense whatsoever and they should be paying Eamon for highlighting how unfit they are to run anything.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone from RFL at that meeting also.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone from RFL at that meeting also.

That crossed my mind a couple of weeks ago, maybe McManus was aware that there was no overseeing from the RFL and the situation was done behind closed doors between Warrington + Hicks, if that was so then McManus could have made a stronger point.