Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eamonn fined for speaking the truth

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    I’d love to set up a justgiving page for Saints fans to donate to paying off the fine.

The puratanical and faux outrage from bitter Wanky fans would be worth it alone.
    Don’t think you’ll find any outrage or indeed bitterness from us...we won.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    I bet you still can't believe it, you want to threaten more referees then you might have a year that is yours.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Banned

Lol... enjoy your preparations for your 65th anniversary...
    ‘#massif’ club...
    Last edited by eddiewaringsflatcap; 5th November 2019 at 21:55.

Banned

Come on Wolfie be honest. How do you really feel about going 65 years without winning the Championship? Seriously in what is not a massive sport it must hurt like hell.
    Last edited by Div; 5th November 2019 at 21:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Come on Wolfie be honest. How do you really feel about going 65 years without winning the Championship? Seriously in what is not a massive sport it must hurt like hell.
    Even the new Speaker in The House of Commons hasn't seen Wire win the league.

Banned

To be honest Div that is what I find amazing on the Lancashire side of the Pennines only Rochdale Hornets have a worse record and over in Yorkshire I think it is only Batley Doncaster Keighley and York so really tiny teams in context.

I kind of get why Wire fans have always been so bitter and have pretty poor relations across the other clubs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Even the new Speaker in The House of Commons hasn't seen Wire win the league.

(P.s at least City didn't go 65 years, in fact even the New York Knicks haven’t a record so hapless. Well deserved for Warrington and the most disgusting, nauseating fanbase in the whole of sport. Love seeing their constant disappointment- what can go wrong, always goes wrong for them in SL.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

The Warrington woodworm, only comes out when everything around him is rotten.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    You won’t find a single Wire fan who isn’t desperate to get that monkey off our back. The CC win was unexpected and all the sweeter for it. Would I swap it for the GF win? In a flash.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Thought its a pretty good idea myself obviously McManus will deem it unnecessary financial wise but this is a "siege mentality" issue that we are all in it together and the chronic RFL need to know that. I'm still fuming that Carney blew it all up and would tell him to his face to shut his gob and not play cheap sporting politics.

Creating a 'Just Giving' thing would be pretty unusual - hopefully unusual enough to be picked up by the media as a curiosity. If so, it would help highlight the bent refereeing of the CC Final and the context of Hicks' cosy relationship with Wire.

I agree with the siege mentality bit 100%. Saints against the world is a great narrative (and let's face it, it's been our town against the world for decades)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Creating a 'Just Giving' thing would be pretty unusual - hopefully unusual enough to be picked up by the media as a curiosity. If so, it would help highlight the bent refereeing of the CC Final and the context of Hicks' cosy relationship with Wire.

I agree with the siege mentality bit 100%. Saints against the world is a great narrative (and let's face it, it's been our town against the world for decades)

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost of '99 View Post
    As for McManus, I think you are underestimating the damage this has done to Saints' reputation in the wider game where the cup final refereeing wasn't by and large seen as controversial (certainly compared to the GF refereeing). But then again I suspect you don't much care (fair enough).
    I dont think you understand the main point McManus was trying to make, Hicks should never have had the game in the first place, after the death threat he was either consciously or subconsciously compromised and put in a position he should not have been in. There have been grumblings about the standard of refereeing for years, it was only a matter of time before someone put their foot down and raised it in the public sphere, this was the straw that broke the camels back.

To be honest i could not give a stuff what people in the wider game think, i back our chairman on this completely, you say Kendalls performance at OT was worse than Hicks, i disagree, 50/50s by there nature can go either way, sometimes they go more your way than others, whereas Hicks blatantly refereed the game differently to his usual way, going to the screen for nigh on every try, if he had sent it up as no try and it was not overturned then ok, but to not send it up is a joke.

Banned

Im glad the idea has some traction as I think it would be amusing to see the reaction of those so ‘outraged’ by what Eamonn had to say and the bedevilment would be fitting with a siege mentality.

The hurdle is this: If you set up a justgiving page you are asked to:
    1) Specify a charity in which case you'd need Saints Bank account details
    2) Specify its a personal cause in which case you supply your own details which I think has potential to open a can of worms.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

Would it not be an idea to have it organised for the first game of the season, have a large social media campaign for it so it is as visual to fans and the wider rugby community, a big show of support for Eamonn and the comments he made. It would lend support to the siege mentality if as many fans are made aware of it as possible?

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    The Warrington woodworm, only comes out when everything around him is rotten.
    I can see now why Belgium is famous for producing comedians.

Rene Magritte was an artist, not a comedian, although his paintings are quite funny.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Im glad the idea has some traction as I think it would be amusing to see the reaction of those so ‘outraged’ by what Eamonn had to say and the bedevilment would be fitting with a siege mentality.

2) Specify its a personal cause in which case you supply your own details which I think has potential to open a can of worms.
    The ideal scenario is for the "Saints Fans Club" to have a temporary bank account with one of those giant type cheques made out to the RFL signed by 'Saints Fans" with regional newspapers in attendance. McManus could then send his cheque to a charity of Carney's choice to the same value, that would really embarrass the RFL and Carney with their cheap shot mentality in hiding behind the operational rules.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Made in St Helens.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Made in St Helens.
    Yeah, and we produced Bernie Clifton, so don't none of you Wire fans start being disparaging about the hilarity of this town's sons.

Erm.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I know that we're all annoyed at this and many including me would want to contribute. But, as you've mentioned 'a can of worms', I can't help feeling that this sort of stunt could do more damage than good. I can't quite put my finger on it. Could the RFL fine punish the club for 'allowing' fans to behave in such a manner?
    Would Eamonn or the club be seen as participating to undermine the RFL if they accepted any donations? Where would that lead to?
    A can of worms indeed!

Starting A Programme Collection

10 people pledge 100 quid. The 10 then fund raise - a sponsored walk and those who wish to support on here pay 10 quid to do the walk

I reckon id raise my 100 in a less than an hour in work . The grand can be issued via a cheque of which a charity would be the benefactor I'm sure bit the point is made . We stand together !

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    10 people pledge 100 quid. The 10 then fund raise - a sponsored walk and those who wish to support on here pay 10 quid to do the walk

I reckon id raise my 100 in a less than an hour in work . The grand can be issued via a cheque of which a charity would be the benefactor I'm sure bit the point is made . We stand together !
    I work in Liverpool so they won't have a clue what I'm on about

Banned

I hope he pays the fine in pennies so those weapons at the RFL have to count every single one. They’ve got nothing better to do so that should keep them busy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    I hope he pays the fine in pennies so those weapons at the RFL have to count every single one. They’ve got nothing better to do so that should keep them busy

Think there's an Australian tour next autumn. You wouldn't know though as they haven't sorted anything.

In The South Stand

Default Eamonn fined for speaking the truth

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I know that we're all annoyed at this and many including me would want to contribute. But, as you've mentioned 'a can of worms', I can't help feeling that this sort of stunt could do more damage than good. I can't quite put my finger on it. Could the RFL fine punish the club for 'allowing' fans to behave in such a manner?
    Would Eamonn or the club be seen as participating to undermine the RFL if they accepted any donations? Where would that lead to?
    A can of worms indeed!
    Quite - it’s childish and small time.

The fact the justification being given by many is to see how much it winds up Wire fans is proof of this.

Our chairman broke the operational rules, agreed that he broke the operational rules, was fined and will pay the fine.

Just move on FFS.