Jungle Out There Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sam Burgess

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    No dog in this fight but having seen at first hand the depths people descend to when relationships end, tit for tat family wars and permanently antagonistic attitudes and acts based around ruining peoples lives and revenge, I’m inclined to think that there were no innocent’s in that particular episode.....

A direct quote from the court case stated that “ During the court proceedings, Phoebe and her father Mitch Hooke admitted to cooperating with a journalist they knew who wrote stories accusing Burgess of drug use and domestic violence”
    Is this the same court case that the father in law was described as “impressive, believable and consistent" in his testimony by the judge?

Reacher is right; the information that is coming out regarding Burgess is pretty damning and any defence for him by outsiders appears along the lines of ‘heez a dead gud player so he must be a top fella.’ If the only case his defence have is his ex talking to the media versus what is coming out on SB then thats pretty sad.

I agree relationships going to the dogs can cause us to go to the bottom of the barrel. I wouldn't wish that stress on anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post

I agree relationships going to the dogs can cause us to go to the bottom of the barrel. I wouldn't wish that stress on anyone.
    That was my point. I don’t know anything other than that.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Is this the same court case that the father in law was described as “impressive, believable and consistent" in his testimony by the judge?
    The magistrate that admitted he knew the father-in-laws family during the trial and didnt recuse himself you mean? Not defending SB, but that doesnt seem right in my eyes.

Starting A Programme Collection sinkers89's Avatar

Regardless of what happened before.

Driving without a license under the influence of drugs is just downright criminal. Not only that, but being in that state when going to pick your kids up?

Absolutely no sympathy for him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    It is very difficult to avoid picking up that accent when you live there!
    I lived there longer than Burgess without picking up an Aussie accent. At the time I was single so was working and playing rugby and sharing houses with Aussies

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I lived there longer than Burgess without picking up an Aussie accent. At the time I was single so was working and playing rugby and sharing houses with Aussies
    Maybe the Belgian accent counteracts the “Strine”?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Maybe the Belgian accent counteracts the “Strine”?
    BS sounds like a cross between Tin Tin and Bernard Dwyer.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Tea well and truly snorted!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    People not understanding my accent probably got me out of lots of awkward questions when giving presentations.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    People not understanding my accent probably got me out of lots of awkward questions when giving presentations.
    It's an art form, being able to speed up and slow down when needed. I quickly learned that in my early days in Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Regardless of what happened before.

Driving without a license under the influence of drugs is just downright criminal. Not only that, but being in that state when going to pick your kids up?

Absolutely no sympathy for him.
    in mitigation, the lack of license is only an administrative thing as he should have applied for an aussie license to replace his international permit when he became a resident a few months ago.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by el ste View Post
    in mitigation, the lack of license is only an administrative thing as he should have applied for an aussie license to replace his international permit when he became a resident a few months ago.
    There is no mitigation, you either have a licence or you don't. Its a statutory requirement to drive a car. If you don't have one, you don't drive and if you do drive and get caught, there is no 'yeah but' allowed. That's the least of his concerns it would appear, the drug driving and for me, the worst part, he was on his way to pick up his very young children, literally putting their lives in grave danger.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    The magistrate that admitted he knew the father-in-laws family during the trial and didnt recuse himself you mean? Not defending SB, but that doesnt seem right in my eyes.
    I can’t see much relevance that had to do with the interpretation and application of law against the facts presented in the case. I should imagine many people ‘know’ and are acquainted in the legal circuit but it doesn't stop their impartiality or proper execution of law when they are in the courtroom. It's a pretty low Daily Mirror type line of argument by SB if indeed that's been put forward. A law room is exactly that, not a feelings or cheap speculation room.