Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: GB Lions 2020 Tour

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

He’s just taking the •••• now. Flies Ash Handley half way round the world specifically for this game and doesn’t pick him.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    He’s just taking the •••• now. Flies Ash Handley half way round the world specifically for this game and doesn’t pick him.
    It could have been a lot worse he could have flew Regan Grace over and then Bennett quotes: "You look a lot smaller in real life and you might not be able to defend like a forward, thanks for coming over anyway."

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

You mean Josh Handley?

He's clueless

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    You mean Josh Handley?

He's clueless
    Josh Handley? If there’s a joke there then I’ve missed something mate sorry. Straight over my head that haha

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Josh Handley? If there’s a joke there then I’ve missed something mate sorry. Straight over my head that haha
    I believe Bennett referred to him as Josh throughout a press conference the other day

I believe Bennett referred to him as Josh throughout a press conference the other day
    Ahhh that explains it. Doesn’t surprise me though sadly!

In The South Stand

Well maybe now a precious Leeds player has been messed around something might be done about it.

Banned

Unbelievable.

Learning All The Songs

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Must be Hodgson's brother. Maybe because he can't remember which player is which, is an explanation for some of his team selections.
    Last edited by Belgian Saint; 13th November 2019 at 10:31.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    This entire GB tour has been a disaster. Poor marketing, poor squad selection, poor tactics, even worse team selection, poor results and most importantly poor performances.

This should have been a platform to re-launch the international game!! Australia, New Zealand and a newly re-formed GB touring squad all featuring alongside Tonga and PNG in the international games, with an international 9's comp. Strong international women's game too in the same part of the world at the same time. It was set up make headlines, but what we've had is the boring conservative approach to GB which has brought a huge dampener on it for the RL public in GB. It's hardly stirring passions for the now announced Australia tour next year!

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I've always loved international RL from the days of Hanley and Schofield then teams with Scully, Longy, Farrell and Co. I've always looked forward to tours coming back in both hemispheres but it's been that bad largely down to Bennetts squad selection I may not even bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    I've always loved international RL from the days of Hanley and Schofield then teams with Scully, Longy, Farrell and Co. I've always looked forward to tours coming back in both hemispheres but it's been that bad largely down to Bennetts squad selection I may not even bother watching.
    I'll drag myself out of bed for it and then regret not having a lie in when I'm in work Sunday morning

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    This entire GB tour has been a disaster. Poor marketing, poor squad selection, poor tactics, even worse team selection, poor results and most importantly poor performances.

This should have been a platform to re-launch the international game!! Australia, New Zealand and a newly re-formed GB touring squad all featuring alongside Tonga and PNG in the international games, with an international 9's comp. Strong international women's game too in the same part of the world at the same time. It was set up make headlines, but what we've had is the boring conservative approach to GB which has brought a huge dampener on it for the RL public in GB. It's hardly stirring passions for the now announced Australia tour next year!
    Good post

Noooobie

Hi Guys, Sorry about this, I know it is slightly off topic but I have no idea where to go with my enquiry!. Im raising money for my 15 year old step brother who is going to Kenya next year to help build facilities with Scouts. I have a signed Lomax programme from testimonial match this year and I was hoping to raise a bit of money for it. Would anyone be interested in it? im looking for about £50. I only live right by the stadium so could come and meet anyone, and if anyone is serious and wants to see it first I will gladly text/email you a picture - its is great condition.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsdan View Post
    Hi Guys, Sorry about this, I know it is slightly off topic but I have no idea where to go with my enquiry!. Im raising money for my 15 year old step brother who is going to Kenya next year to help build facilities with Scouts. I have a signed Lomax programme from testimonial match this year and I was hoping to raise a bit of money for it. Would anyone be interested in it? im looking for about £50. I only live right by the stadium so could come and meet anyone, and if anyone is serious and wants to see it first I will gladly text/email you a picture - its is great condition.
    I suggest the middle of a thread on GB not the right place.
    eBay probably better.
    Not sure anyone would pay £50 for a signed programme when they could stand outside the players entrance and get their own signed being perfectly honest.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/no...tt-new-zealand

And now Bennett says he's not interested in criticism about his coaching of GB!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post

And now Bennett says he's not interested in criticism about his coaching of GB!!
    It mirrors our feelings of him coaching GB.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post

It's getting ridiculous now. He said if criticism helped the he would read it. Surely the criticism of the stupid squad balance is warranted? That's one he should take on the chin and say yeah I got that wrong. Everyone who knows the slightest about rl said from the start it was a ridiculous squad.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    It's getting ridiculous now. He said if criticism helped the he would read it. Surely the criticism of the stupid squad balance is warranted? That's one he should take on the chin and say yeah I got that wrong. Everyone who knows the slightest about rl said from the start it was a ridiculous squad.
    If he starts talking about middles and promised land, we've been here before.

Banned

What qualifications has Sinfield for his role.? He appears to have totally blagged his way into a management position off the back of a very successful playing career which as impressive as it is, does not provide enough experience / skills needed for this role.

The more I read of Bennett the more he comes across as a bitter yesterdays man leaning on past accomplishments. His arrogance and obnoxiousness continue to irritate GB followers and should be seen as a smoke screen to underachievement that is mainly down to him: poor selections and outdated tactics.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    He's saying the England/GB team have gone backwards but what he doesn't realise is that the Image of the Game has gone backwards with his non acceptance to constructive criticism. These days its all about projecting the right profile and positives to promote the game in the right way with its supporters and the social media.

This grumpy sour sod is not fit for purpose and does not show any respect to the British Game, if he could find 17 British players in the NRL he would prefer to play all of them, the sooner he packs his bags the better.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    What qualifications has Sinfield for his role.?
    Absolutely none whatsoever, same as his role at Leeds and look how that's gone so far. Not like he had a hugely successful international career either

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    He's saying the England/GB team have gone backwards but what he doesn't realise is that the Image of the Game has gone backwards with his non acceptance to constructive criticism. These days its all about projecting the right profile and positives to promote the game in the right way with its supporters and the social media.

This grumpy sour sod is not fit for purpose and does not show any respect to the British Game, if he could find 17 British players in the NRL he would prefer to play all of them, the sooner he packs his bags the better.
    Thing that gets me is he says the team have gone backwards but doesnt seem to think he is in any way responsible. If the players themselves have gone off the boil why did he select them? It's down to him surely.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    What qualifications has Sinfield for his role.? He appears to have totally blagged his way into a management position off the back of a very successful playing career which as impressive as it is, does not provide enough experience / skills needed for this role.
    Absolutely correct and systemic through the sport.

Kris Radlinski at Wigan was appointed to Wigan's board of directors in 2014 and appointed as chief exec not too long after. Karl Fitzpatrick similarly is the chief executive at Warrington and has been since 2016. He only retired in 2010! Even at Saints, Mike Rush had limited business experience before being appointed to the same role (I know he has a relevant degree, but you don't go from graduate to chief executive in such a short period of time).

Wigan had a turnover of £7M last year, Saints £7.5M a couple of years ago. Rugby clubs need to thrive as businesses to survive. What £7M + turnover businesses that have existed for over 100 years would appoint people who lack in experience to such a degree to board level apart from rugby league clubs?

I doubt any would. Sadly this culture runs up all the way to the governing body. We need people who have more relevant experience in such roles, not those who are rugby players or coaches by trade.