Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: GB Lions 2020 Tour

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

The Saints Grand Final team would have beaten Great Britain today, GB look a very unbalanced side.

Learning All The Songs

The Salford GF team would have beaten GB

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    100% mate, I can go with that, it's one of the few things the convicts have right. Don't play at home, don't play international. Not a chance our spineless lot would enforce that though, they can't even enforce the rules properly. I'd love us to create a division between us and the NRL.
    Agree completely AD, but to keep the best players playing in Super League we have to offer at least 2 things: financial parity with the NRL and the standard of rugby, i know its not something to go on about continuously but look at kick and clap, the standard in the premiership is at least as good, if not better, as Super Rugby. Currently Super League offers less financially and is a poorer standard that the NRL, player will move towards it given the chance.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

4 pages of silence on Coote!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    He was no worse than the rest of them. Clearly the best fullback in Super League.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Bettered only by 2 weeks of silence from you and your retarded little pals since we became champions again.

Run along rubber dickie lad.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Responsibility lies with the coach, you cannot setup the way he did and expect to win games, playing an average fullback at centre, wingers who are past it, a half back who has barely played all year, a prop at loose forward and leaving arguably your best half back on the bench. But forget about that, blame the bloke who played fullback, not the coach who wanted to try and bash his way through a far bigger size. Did Coote play well, no, not many players did, the whole thing was a shitshow.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Don't know why your going on about Coote. The thing most people on RL Fans are going on about is him not getting to the kick. He wouldn't have needed to if 'superstar' Widdop had dropped on it like he should have done. Next great half back signing for Wire after Roberts and the other guy who went back to street fighting.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    I thought Macgilvary had a decent game.
    I thought he looked like Frank Bruno after he fought Mike Tyson, but during the game. Disgraceful selection from a disgraceful coach.

Banned

I would like to meet with you to discuss this followed by you getting hurt, I may even banjo you a couple of times. Please don't report me back to your sad pals as I will be very afraid of your Christmas jumper.

Banned

And you worry about your family.

Show me that Xmas sweater again
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Show me that Xmas sweater again
    His sister is wearing it this year.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    It was nowhere near good enough mate, sorry
    No, I'm in full agreement I'm not happy with that at all I just meant despite not liking Bennett we are capable of better than that and it shouldn't influence next week.

[QUOTE=rubber duckie;779913]4 pages of silence on Coote.

Welcome back to the forum RD.

65 years

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    No, I'm in full agreement I'm not happy with that at all I just meant despite not liking Bennett we are capable of better than that and it shouldn't influence next week.
    Fair enough. I hope so. I think we'll lose both against NZ if I'm honest

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Bettered only by 2 weeks of silence from you and your retarded little pals since we became champions again.

Run along rubber dickie lad.
    Indeed.

He probably had a fortune on GB to win.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

[QUOTE=Ralph Fridge;779927]
    4 pages of silence on Coote.

Welcome back to the forum RD.

65 years

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Thou shall not pass but hinder Coote from a rubbish Widdop didn't help, looked a bit more creative when Lomax came on. The Austin + Widdop partnership should be good for a laugh next season.

Coote put a couple of iffy kicks in and didn’t collect that kick that Widdop stood and watched but apart from that I’m not sure what you could level at him bar only being given maybe 2 or 3 passes in 60 minutes. If the halves are going to drop off forwards for 80 minutes there’s no point him being there anyway

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Agree completely AD, but to keep the best players playing in Super League we have to offer at least 2 things: financial parity with the NRL and the standard of rugby, i know its not something to go on about continuously but look at kick and clap, the standard in the premiership is at least as good, if not better, as Super Rugby. Currently Super League offers less financially and is a poorer standard that the NRL, player will move towards it given the chance.
    Yeah, you're right, I posted that after a few beers yesterday. You make the comparison to RU and you're quite correct, I put the rest of the England game on after watching our shambles and to be honest, it's embarrassing the way we should feel grateful in some way that we're on terrestrial TV while the Union program is slick and professional , although I thought the BBC did a better job than Sky (not hard I admit).
    Again, I agree with you on the financial aspect and I think we need look at this but I'm fairly certain GB playing Tonga in an empty stadium, playing awful rugby isn't going to make businesses want to invest which is were poor management comes into it. Everyone in RL knows Bennett is a dinosaur with fixed ideas that he won't change, so why put him in charge of our national side? Why do we keep making poor appointments and why is he allowed to spend the season managing a club on the other side of the world? The whole thing ••••ing stinks. Who in their right mind would want to invest in such a bunch of incompetent clowns?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Hastings and Widdop doesn't look a good combination at the moment they look too one sided. I would be tempted to pair Lomax with Hastings and make Widdop play from Full Back. That makes Hardaker centre and I would pick Connor at the other centre he seems to play better at international level.

Still not convinced with Hodgson we need a better pivot with more variation so Clark should be in there. With Thommo injured it looks as though Watts will get a better opportunity with his offloading. The wing spots we are pretty much stuck with what we have got not that it mattered because Bennett wants defensive centres.

The only players that come out with much credit was Graham, Walmsley, Whitehead and Bateman all the others were average.
    Hodgson is a strange one every time I see him play in the Nrl he looks a decent player every time he plays for England -GB he looks slow and clueless maybe it's the second ref in the Nrl always getting the players back the full ten giving him more time I'm not sure

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    Hodgson is a strange one every time I see him play in the Nrl he looks a decent player every time he plays for England -GB he looks slow and clueless maybe it's the second ref in the Nrl always getting the players back the full ten giving him more time I'm not sure
    Roby always seemed to do ok playing internationals.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    For me he tries to play too much and do other peoples jobs.
    A couple of times Walmsley was charging onto the ball only to then slow down or not be passed to because Hodgson decided he’d take a extra steps on the ball.

It doesn’t help the half backs either, give them early ball and let them create. Then he tries to kick which more often than not are sh*te.

We saw when Roby came in in the tests against NZ our play improved drastically, he got the ball out quick instead of fannying about on it, his distribution is far far better.