Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Bradford

Got A Season Ticket

Default Bradford

Big Nigel Woods managed to get himself 75% share of the club , have to wait and see but my first thought was something dodgy going on

Learning All The Songs

Well, just look what he did with Halifax, Super league top five to championship.

Banned

I wouldn't trust that clown running for a bus. I doubt he could anyway the fat slob.

Learning All The Songs

Making use of his RFL pay off I guess

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I wouldn't trust that clown running for a bus. I doubt he could anyway the fat slob.

True, but you have to feel a bit sorry for the fans there, and probably for RL in general.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post

True, but you have to feel a bit sorry for the fans there, and probably for RL in general.
    Yes, I do. I don't pretend to be very fond of the club after all that Bullmania nonsense but I'm mates with a Bradford fan who's totally turned his back on the club and sport after all that's gone on, he didn't even bother with the Leeds game in the cup. We were chatting about it last time we spoke and he ended up getting a bit irate saying the only way he'd take an interest again was if the club re-started as Northern and if he ever met Chris Caisley, well, that's probably better not on here but I'm sure you get the jist.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Making use of his RFL pay off I guess
    I imagine buying Bratfud would give you change from a twenty.

With all the shenanigans over the RFL owning Odsal (and now examining options who to flog it to for 'redevelopment' - ie, probably housing) I can't help thinking he's sniffed out an opportunity to make some dosh out of it all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

With all the shenanigans over the RFL owning Odsal (and now examining options who to flog it to for 'redevelopment' - ie, probably housing) I can't help thinking he's sniffed out an opportunity to make some dosh out of it all.
    It's the only suitable piece of land in Europe for him to build himself a bath that fits his backside into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    It's the only suitable piece of land in Europe for him to build himself a bath that fits his backside into it.
    Ha ha ha.

I bet the takeover meetings are good though. He'll bring the pies & cakes

I agree.

But it's Big Nige so he'll probably mess it all up

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Ha ha ha.

I bet the takeover meetings are good though. He'll bring the pies & cakes

Got A Season Ticket

When Woods was working for the Rfl it was his job to pick the right owners to try and get Bradford out of a mess almost all the people he put there ended up making things even worse now he suddenly ends up with over 75 % of the shares theres a few questions i think the Rfl should be asking really

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    When Woods was working for the Rfl it was his job to pick the right owners to try and get Bradford out of a mess almost all the people he put there ended up making things even worse now he suddenly ends up with over 75 % of the shares theres a few questions i think the Rfl should be asking really
    That's a very good point but a Ralph said, it's nailed on fat pants will end up making a mess of it.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Second article I've read tonight that peddles the bollocks that 'Bradford dominated the first half of Super League'

I must have dreamt the 2 GFs and 3 CCFs we beat them in.

The other article is this one from the BBC about the last GB tour in 2006. You have to get more than half way through before us battering all before us that year gets a brief mention.

If we want to see who 'dominated' the game in the first half of SL (let's say 96 to 08) we get the following scores on the doors (SL titles & CC wins):

Saints: 5 - 7
    Bradford: 4 - 2
    Leeds: 3 - 1
    wi*an: 1 - 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/50057123

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Second article I've read tonight that peddles the bollocks that 'Bradford dominated the first half of Super League'

I must have dreamt the 2 GFs and 3 CCFs we beat them in.

The other article is this one from the BBC about the last GB tour in 2006. You have to get more than half way through before us battering all before us that year gets a brief mention.

If we want to see who 'dominated' the game in the first half of SL (let's say 96 to 08) we get the following scores on the doors (SL titles & CC wins):

Saints: 5 - 7
    Bradford: 4 - 2
    Leeds: 3 - 1
    wi*an: 1 - 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/50057123
    Think you're missing the point behind me posting the article - which was the questions the RFL need to answer in this respect.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Learning All The Songs

When that comic TotalRL try to be journalists, and dare to question their chums, then something must be wrong

Think you're missing the point behind me posting the article - which was the questions the RFL need to answer in this respect.
    The answer will have to wait in line behind the one to Eamon

Banned

Didn't miss it at all, I was just veering off into a different direction as I get annoyed when we never seem to get the recognition we deserve.

Called 'thread drift'; happens all the time.

Big Nige already selling off the family silverware, 5 players to HKR