Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 2020 kit?

What are we talking size wise too, still overly big on sizes with O'Neills?
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I think both the shirts are great and I also prefer the kit to have red shorts as opposed to white. My only dislike is the badge being blue on the away shirt. This has happened a couple of times on blue away shirts. Badge should always be red in my opinion. Can I ask anyone who's seen or bought the shirts, is the badge stitched on or printed? I liked last year's shirt as the badge was stitched on rather than printed which I always think looks a bit cheap and naff.

Printed this time
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    What are we talking size wise too, still overly big on sizes with O'Neills?
    I’m normally an xl in most clobber and an xl fits me fine.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Starting A Programme Collection RedSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Saints could surely sell so much more gear with a decent brand rather than the garbage O Neills come out with

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Grey Polo and the Hoodie might find itself on my christmas list.

Banned

Some of that stuff is nice just the prices puting me off I mean £30 for a polo shirt?

Learning All The Songs

Hmm it’s not top quality. I don’t understand why they always have to throw a bit of grey into some of the clothing items. Grey & Saints for me don’t go together, but it seems most fans like the colour so that’s probably why.

Starting A Programme Collection tongey's Avatar

Has the club confirmed how long this deal with O’Neills is for. I’ve not read or seen anything about a further deal?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Some of that stuff is nice just the prices puting me off I mean £30 for a polo shirt?
    They're ridiculously priced.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    They're ridiculously priced.

They’re ridiculously sized. 2XL the largest. C’mon.

Noooobie

Hi Guys, Sorry about this, I know it is slightly off topic but I have no idea where to go with my enquiry!. Im raising money for my 15 year old step brother who is going to Kenya next year to help build facilities with Scouts. I have a signed Lomax programme from testimonial match this year and I was hoping to raise a bit of money for it. Would anyone be interested in it? im looking for about £50. I only live right by the stadium so could come and meet anyone, and if anyone is serious and wants to see it first I will gladly text/email you a picture - its is great condition.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Printed this time
    Thanks mate. I may not bother shelling out then, on such small things are decisions made!

Got A Season Ticket

Thanks mate. I may not bother shelling out then, on such small things are decisions made!
    I agree it makes a difference, just looks cheap. Like the fake football shirts you used to get in markets

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

The polo shirts have the stitched badges if you’re interested in an alternative to the kit.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Picked up my season ticket and called into the saints shop this afternoon, for me both shirts look pretty decent the away shirt is the best. The silver strips in the home shirt adds a bit of quality I thought.

Theo Fages was in the shop think he forgot his stadium pass and made his way through and behind the counter, surprised how broad shouldered he is don't know if he has been doing extra weights.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Sorry if I offend anyone here, but I really don't get this downer on O'Neills, or the issue with stitched badges vs printed etc,etc.
    It's a replica jersey. Something you wear to the game. Something you buy to support the club. Something you wear to show your support.

...And for what it's worth, I actually think that the O'Neills jerseys are better quality than most of the previous stuff we've had.
    I'm quite fussy about clothes and typically shop at Rohan which suits my lifestyle. The last few O'Neills shirts fit that profile IMO. Not exactly 'cheap rubbish' IMO!

Starting A Programme Collection RedSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Sorry if I offend anyone here, but I really don't get this downer on O'Neills, or the issue with stitched badges vs printed etc,etc.
    It's a replica jersey. Something you wear to the game. Something you buy to support the club. Something you wear to show your support.

...And for what it's worth, I actually think that the O'Neills jerseys are better quality than most of the previous stuff we've had.
    I'm quite fussy about clothes and typically shop at Rohan which suits my lifestyle. The last few O'Neills shirts fit that profile IMO. Not exactly 'cheap rubbish' IMO!
    It's not just the shirts. Look at the ISC stuff we had before- Hoodies, polo shirts, jackets etc all really good quality, well fitting and smart looking.

Compared to the O'Neills stuff now- cheap looking materials, bizzare sizing and most of it is tacky/ childish looking, you'd look daft wearing most of it other than at the match.

But that's just my opinion

Got A Season Ticket Billinge Bren's Avatar

I think the playing kit is fine. Nothing more. But I have to agree the other merchandise is market stall quality at Harrods prices in terms of bang for buck. Consequently I've never bought any training kit. My club use them. Same story with kit. Playing shirts great but my coaches waterproof is a bin bag in disguise!! The deal must be profitable though. I wonder if it's on a rolling basis.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket saintstreble's Avatar

100% agree with this! The past few shirts have been the best fitting saints shirts ive ever had! I normally have to put up with huge baggy arms on the small sizes but recently the arms fit brilliantly without the “wing” effect of old shirts! The material is nice and stretchy too and comfortable.

Obviously the Puma shirts of 2005-2008 were the most well made with the embroidered badges and thicker material but sportswear has moved on since then so we are naturally going to get thinner, more breathable clothing - they arnt going to make a thick stitched shirt ala 2006 with a sewn on badge just because some fans prefer the old jerseys!

Times change and i dont think its just O’Neills - even footy shirts now are so thin and could be deemed of lesser quality compared to just 6 or 7 years ago!

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedSaint View Post
    It's not just the shirts. Look at the ISC stuff we had before- Hoodies, polo shirts, jackets etc all really good quality, well fitting and smart looking.

Compared to the O'Neills stuff now- cheap looking materials, bizzare sizing and most of it is tacky/ childish looking, you'd look daft wearing most of it other than at the match.

But that's just my opinion

I tend not to buy the other stuff so can't really comment on this.
    IMO the shirts are the best we've ever had for reasons already stated. I'm a medium/small size bloke, so maybe the bigger sizes don't work too well?
    As for the designs, do we know how much say the club has on these? Maybe it's Eamonn who's into tacky/childish?

Each to their own I guess!

Learning All The Songs

The training hoodie looks decent. May have to try and pop down one day and work out how it fits.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I tend not to buy the other stuff so can't really comment on this.
    IMO the shirts are the best we've ever had for reasons already stated. I'm a medium/small size bloke, so maybe the bigger sizes don't work too well?
    As for the designs, do we know how much say the club has on these? Maybe it's Eamonn who's into tacky/childish?

Each to their own I guess!
    For me there is nothing tacky or childish about the designs. I like them better than what we have had the past few years.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

I'm going to have to eat my words - for this season at least - about O'Neill's.
    I liked both shirt designs this year, eventually chose the away shirt. It fits much better than previous years and the quality seems (slightly) better.

I bought the navy and red polo shirt too and again, pleased with it.

Prices are in the expensive side maybe, but I suppose everyone's definition of vfm differs.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The South Stand

Not offended mate. I have over twenty Saints shirts from different seasons that I wear on and off (couple of GB ones too!), so I'm always proudly supporting Saints when wearing one. I like both the new home and away kits and apart from a sizing issue re the first O'Neills shirt, I've found them to be fine. I've got one of the blue away shirts from a couple of season's back (the one with the infamous "tyre mark" across the front) which has a printed badge (albeit in red, which it should be!) which is one of my fave shirts. However, it still think the printed badge looks cheap, whereas a stitched badge looks quality. The shirts aren't cheap and if they can produce a quality looking item one year, then why not the next? My heart will probably overrule my wallet and I'll probably buy a shirt as usual, I just think the printed badge doesn't look as professional as a stitched one.