Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: York City Night, new stadium.

In The South Stand

Starting A Programme Collection

Looks a nice little Stadium that

Banned

Outside of SL and the money which comes with that, too.

Then we have Wakefield and their litany of fake announcements about a new stadium coming soon...

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Is their stadium, the councils stadium or is it York football clubs stadium? If it isn't theirs they won't make any money from it, it is a nice tidy ground though

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Is their stadium, the councils stadium or is it York football clubs stadium? If it isn't theirs they won't make any money from it, it is a nice tidy ground though
    Here's a link to the answer:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/York_Community_Stadium

Banned

The dynamic has altered over the past couple of years. The RFL club has gone from zero to hero and the Soccer club has withered on the vine. This could be a super league club in waiting in a very historic (in more ways than one) RL stronghold.

I wonder how many of the red vee persuasion remember the old Clarence Street ground? 1972 CC was my first visit with the red vee victorious.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    The dynamic has altered over the past couple of years. The RFL club has gone from zero to hero and the Soccer club has withered on the vine. This could be a super league club in waiting in a very historic (in more ways than one) RL stronghold.

I wonder how many of the red vee persuasion remember the old Clarence Street ground? 1972 CC was my first visit with the red vee victorious.
    I think YCFC could be on the way back up Cyprus as they seem to be having a good season at the moment, they are top of the Vanarama Conference North and i don’t think they’ve lost as game yet. They drew at Telford on Saturday.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post

As a native of York, can I just point out that City are the only team in the top six tiers of English football not to have lost a game in any competition this season? Clear at the top of National League North and with a winnable tie in the FA Cup first round. Even at their lowest ebb last season they were actually attracting bigger crowds than the Knights