• Holbrook

97 86.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Holbrook Legacy

Learning All The Songs

https://www-sthelensreporter-co-uk.c...ans-1-10063990

Holbrook full of admiration for Saint's at the end of the article - :

I will of course be sad to leave St Helens, and will always be thankful for the opportunity and support that the club and its amazing fans gave to me. It will remain with me for the rest of my life.

''From the bottom of my hearts, thanks St Helens for what you did for me and my family. We will never forget yours kindness during our stay.'''

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    https://www-sthelensreporter-co-uk.c...ans-1-10063990

Holbrook full of admiration for Saint's at the end of the article - :

I will of course be sad to leave St Helens, and will always be thankful for the opportunity and support that the club and its amazing fans gave to me. It will remain with me for the rest of my life.

''From the bottom of my hearts, thanks St Helens for what you did for me and my family. We will never forget yours kindness during our stay.'''
    Sums the guy up

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I think Holbrook shades it over Anderson and Millward because of the relative squads they inherited and their contribution to the club and town as a whole.
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I think Holbrook shades it over Anderson and Millward because of the relative squads they inherited and their contribution to the club and town as a whole.
    I'd go with that although probably enjoyed it more under Millward but I think that was down to my age at the time.

Sounds cheesy but it sort of proves that it doesn't matter where you're from, it's what you're like as a person that counts

An unknown Aussie with no previous affiliation to St Helens is universally loved here and one of our own, who to be fair did a lot to alienate people, is quite the opposite of that

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    Sounds cheesy but it sort of proves that it doesn't matter where you're from, it's what you're like as a person that counts

An unknown Aussie with no previous affiliation to St Helens is universally loved here and one of our own, who to be fair did a lot to alienate people, is quite the opposite of that
    I don't think that's cheesy at all. Perhaps Holbrook wasn't under immediate pressure but neither was Cunningham who just seemed to implode whereas Holbrook grew into it, of course the fact he didn't go about insulting fans, signing shit players and playing awful rugby helped him.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'd go with that although probably enjoyed it more under Millward but I think that was down to my age at the time.
    I also echo that sentiment Dave plus I think the atmosphere generated at a packed Knowsley Road was also a big factor with me. The wide to west try being the pinnacle win under the Millward era that epitomised his approach to rugby.