Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: That Was The Season That Was

Banned

Cool That Was The Season That Was

What a Stellar season for the Club that is St Helens and the brand that is Saints.

1. Back to back league title winners the second one by a historical 16 points the best in 125 years of this great game.

2. The second Grand Final win in five years and our seventh of the summer era. With a team full of talent and work ethic. Fages and Lomax what a combination and Walmsley and Thompson potentially our best prop combination ever. Holbrook what a man what a professional and just maybe the greatest coach this club has had since Jim Sullivan both of whom had to start with little or no foundations.

3. Eamon what a guy and what a Chairman. He is a fan with a business brain who with a single-mindedness drove a new stadium forward and is the best rugby stadium in either code.

4. Wembley the fly in the ointment but lets just reflect a moment on the money Wire spend to be the best with Moran throwing everything into domination of the game and he still cant buy a Grand Final win aand they have not since 1955. Widdop next season we will see what that brings them. Next season lets get back to Wembley and win it.

Lets hope season ticket sales increase and we continue to dominate. Great season and cant wait for 2020.

6th GF win wasn’t it?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    6th GF win wasn’t it?
    Yep, 7th title in the SL era but 6th via the Grand Final.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014 and 2019.

Never finished below 5th in that time and I don’t think we have ever lost 4 league games on the bounce in that time (though I know the KC era flirted with it, so may not be true - I try and suppress all memory of that time!)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    What a Stellar season for the Club that is St Helens and the brand that is Saints.

1. Back to back league title winners the second one by a historical 16 points the best in 125 years of this great game.

2. The second Grand Final win in five years and our seventh of the summer era. With a team full of talent and work ethic. Fages and Lomax what a combination and Walmsley and Thompson potentially our best prop combination ever. Holbrook what a man what a professional and just maybe the greatest coach this club has had since Jim Sullivan both of whom had to start with little or no foundations.

3. Eamon what a guy and what a Chairman. He is a fan with a business brain who with a single-mindedness drove a new stadium forward and is the best rugby stadium in either code.

4. Wembley the fly in the ointment but lets just reflect a moment on the money Wire spend to be the best with Moran throwing everything into domination of the game and he still cant buy a Grand Final win aand they have not since 1955. Widdop next season we will see what that brings them. Next season lets get back to Wembley and win it.

Lets hope season ticket sales increase and we continue to dominate. Great season and cant wait for 2020.
    Please don’t call the club a brand.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

One of the pathetic trolls on here made up something about Saints being known as 'The Luckies'.
    Well he got that wrong, because it's us fans who are the lucky ones!
    Whatever it was that made become Saints fans, and there are many reasons, we should all be thankful for!
    COYS!!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    One of the pathetic trolls on here made up something about Saints being known as 'The Luckies'.
    Well he got that wrong, because it's us fans who are the lucky ones!
    Whatever it was that made become Saints fans, and there are many reasons, we should all be thankful for!
    COYS!!!
    By my count 21 trophies in 23 seasons, that removes that lucky myth. The remarkable thing is that when teams go into a transition the performances suffer and go out of the play offs for those trophies, Saints have not done that and have remained competitive for 22 of those 23 years.
    Other clubs like Bradford, Wigan and Leeds have fell by the wayside whilst Warrington are not quite on the same page yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014 and 2019.

Never finished below 5th in that time and I don’t think we have ever lost 4 league games on the bounce in that time (though I know the KC era flirted with it, so may not be true - I try and suppress all memory of that time!)
    So many wasted opportunities, too. I guess we all thought we'd just keep on mostly winning so missing out on the odd final/semi wasn't a big deal. And then that awful run of finding different ways to lose to lucky Leeds began, followed by a prolonged 'transition phase'. I just hope we can keep this team together for a few years and elbow lucky Leeds out of the way on top of the SL honours board.

Learning All The Songs

picked Saints as "my team " back in the days of the BBC Floodlit cup due to the style of rugby they played, even though I had no connection with the town. Been many highs and lows during these past 40 odd years but wouldn't have changed my allegiance to any other club.So glad of my decision back in the 1970's .Saturday was yet another brilliant night during my watching era.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Jj
    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    So many wasted opportunities, too. I guess we all thought we'd just keep on mostly winning so missing out on the odd final/semi wasn't a big deal. And then that awful run of finding different ways to lose to lucky Leeds began, followed by a prolonged 'transition phase'. I just hope we can keep this team together for a few years and elbow lucky Leeds out of the way on top of the SL honours board.
    Don’t be greedy, you could have been born in Warrington. ����

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Jj

Don’t be greedy, you could have been born in Warrington. ����
    What a horrible thought lol