Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Bottle Throwing - Stretford End - Help!

Noooobie

Default Bottle Throwing - Stretford End - Help!

Morning all. Looking for some help please with an incident that took place at the end of the game yesterday. My 5 year old son was hit with a full bottle thrown from the back of the Stretford End (we are hoping it was full of beer but not convinced). It hit him flush on the shoulder side/side of the head and covered him, my wife, and others around us - it was a few minutes after the hooter. Instead of celebrating, the end of the match was ruined with my son in tears, my other son very upset and my wife and I very angry. Despite it being the first time that they’ve seen Saints win a trophy, both my kids said it was their “worst ever game” after this incident which is heartbreaking.

THROWING OBJECTS/BOTTLES/MISSILES IS SIMPLY NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!

We were sat in the top tier of the Stretford End, directly behind the sticks (seats 90-93 on row 18) and so if anybody can help to identify the person who did this we can pass on to the relevant authorities. Old Trafford are looking at CCTV and we’ll be reporting to Saints tomorrow. I’m not hopeful but if we can reduce the following by one idiot then it will help.

I know it’s marketed as a family sport but when there’s fighting in the stands and missiles being thrown, I’m struggling to sell this concept to my wife and kids. Hopefully I can convince the kids to attend games again in the future but at the moment, they don’t want to go and watch Saints again 😡😔

Also got 4 coats to dry clean!

COYS

Banned

I hope they identify the scumbag.

Some people act like idiots with no consideration for others.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Saw a bottle launched on the pitch too.. absolute brain dead and hopefully the little one is okay..

Sadly it's the minority, but the stewards should have enforced the no drinking in the bowl area

Learning All The Songs

Really sorry to hear this.

No excuses.

Having had a similar experience behind the sticks at a Grand Final I now try and sit down the side where I have had no problems since.

Unfortunately the 6pm kick off time doesn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

We seem to have got this on a few occasions in the big games this season, its probably just half a dozen morons amongst many thousands. We probably need better CCTV, hope your son recovers from the bad experience and you get him to attend games in a much better friendly environment like the family stand at the TWS.

Not helped with the confusion over drinking in the seats mentioned in the bag thread. If ale was allowed in the seats staff would have poured the bottles into plastic glasses. Some people are just morons. No words for how stupid they are.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Disgraceful. We had a couple of clowns in front of us spraying cider over everyone and we had a 5 year old in our party.
    These people need to be rooted out.
    I still don't recall the club dealing with the flare incident which they said they would. These incidents need to be dealt with and the perpetrators punished sufficiently to discourage others.
    Last edited by Div; 13th October 2019 at 13:07.

Got A Season Ticket

Idiots. There are more than usual at the grand final, this sort of thing is inexcusable. How thick do you have to be to do that.

Hope you find those responsible and your son can make some happier memories watching Saints.

In The South Stand

My 7 year old also copped one, but he was alright and fortunately didn't ruin his fun. Bit of a bump and small cut on the crown of his head. I don't understand spending a fiver on a drink then launching it? What on earth. Beer in open plastic cups is one thing, they will be spilled if people celebrate as the seats are tiny, but throwing full bottles is just idiotic.

Saints have a major problem with the final and away game following. Almost impossible to get the kids in for a wee at half time too because there were big groups of young lads going into the cubicles in twos and threes to snort coke.

Having alcohol in the seats isn't allowed at Old Trafford for the Grand Final either, but there was zero stewarding in the section we were in to prevent it.

Learning All The Songs

This daft beer throwing is just ridiculous. And what makes it worse is the fact that since England did well in the football World Cup (was it last year or the summer before) it has become acceptable to launch a beer in the air. From a non drinkers pov, what a waste....

Quote Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
    Morning all. Looking for some help please with an incident that took place at the end of the game yesterday. My 5 year old son was hit with a full bottle thrown from the back of the Stretford End (we are hoping it was full of beer but not convinced). It hit him flush on the shoulder side/side of the head and covered him, my wife, and others around us - it was a few minutes after the hooter. Instead of celebrating, the end of the match was ruined with my son in tears, my other son very upset and my wife and I very angry. Despite it being the first time that they’ve seen Saints win a trophy, both my kids said it was their “worst ever game” after this incident which is heartbreaking.

THROWING OBJECTS/BOTTLES/MISSILES IS SIMPLY NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!

We were sat in the top tier of the Stretford End, directly behind the sticks (seats 90-93 on row 18) and so if anybody can help to identify the person who did this we can pass on to the relevant authorities. Old Trafford are looking at CCTV and we’ll be reporting to Saints tomorrow. I’m not hopeful but if we can reduce the following by one idiot then it will help.

I know it’s marketed as a family sport but when there’s fighting in the stands and missiles being thrown, I’m struggling to sell this concept to my wife and kids. Hopefully I can convince the kids to attend games again in the future but at the moment, they don’t want to go and watch Saints again ����

Also got 4 coats to dry clean!

COYS
    Really sorry that your day was soured by this.

How's the little guy doing?

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Hope he is doing ok.

I would suggest contacting the Man United Club and asking if they can review security videos as your odds of finding the culprit will be far more successful than the limited knowledge of members on Redvee.

You may get lucky and find someone who saw it.

There were others sat in and amoungst the Saints fans as well as none regulars. So even if someone saw it they may not know who it was, hence footage could be passed to police and the culprit brought forward on assault charges (potentially child abuse charges)

Banned

I put this on another thread last night. I've usually had a fair few at finals, at a couple even been hammered, but I've always managed to have consideration for others. Some people, though, think it's all about them.

The restrictions in terms of drinking alcohol in your seats were totally ignored. I had drank a bottle in the concourse before the game but, when I got to my seat, loads were chugging Heinekens.

There was a group behind us - seemed to be 3 generations of a family plus maybe 3 or 4 blokes in their 20s/30s, that were ••••ed when they arrived, and carried on drinking Heineken throughout at their seats and the stewards ignored them, despite them shouting throughout with every other word being f***ing this, c**t that; "f*** off, you f***in Manc c**ts" slurred/shouted every half minute (I'm no prude and we don't have a downer on swearing by the kids so it didn't affect us, but it was next to the family section and plenty were unhappy) At one point, the woman in the group got into an argument with the stewards because they'd stopped her bringing - I kid you not - an entire box of 24 Heineken bottles back to the seats. The entire group - save for the little lad who was about 10 - got up to first remonstrate with the stewards, then go into the concourse for 10/15 mins to down the bottles.

One then decides to try to pick a fight with a group of teenage lads in the family section who weren't Saints fans, and they all started giving these lads verbals.

In short, they were a disgrace, a real scumbag family, and I was embarrassed to be a Saints fan. Next to us was a guy in his 60s with his son (20's) and I think the gobsh*tes behind us ruined their game. I spent most of the game worried about my two daughters in case it all kicked off, or one fell forwards onto us, and sloshing beer was an ever-present danger, and it took the edge off it for me.

Thankfully, they buggered off a few minutes after the hooter - probably desperate for more beers.

Learning All The Songs

We asked at the bar about taking drinks to our seats and we were told it was allowed, despite notices to the contrary.
    Loads of fans around us were drinking but no one threw ale or caused annoyance to anyone else. Atmos was really good!
    Why do some idiots have to spoil it for the majority!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

I hope your son is ok and it hasn't ruined the final for him. It's disgraceful but unfortunately not surprising, the 6pm kick has always meant clowns boozing all day before kick off

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This makes poor reading for any decent rugby fan, I hope your son is ok and can go and enjoy a game again next season.

Have you spoken to the Police? If you make a formal complaint you'll probably have a better chance of them reviewing the footage.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Really sorry that your day was soured by this.

How's the little guy doing?
    He’s been ok today but certainly left a lasting impression on him - thank you for asking. Instead of talking about us being champions, he’s talked about being hit by a bottle and not wanting to go again...

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Hope he is doing ok.

I would suggest contacting the Man United Club and asking if they can review security videos as your odds of finding the culprit will be far more successful than the limited knowledge of members on Redvee.

You may get lucky and find someone who saw it.

There were others sat in and amoungst the Saints fans as well as none regulars. So even if someone saw it they may not know who it was, hence footage could be passed to police and the culprit brought forward on assault charges (potentially child abuse charges)
    We’re waiting for Man U Security to come back to us. Left all details at the end of the game and they’re going to review CCTV.

Noooobie

i was sitting a few rows up and seen the bottle flying didnt quite see who it was but hopefully will be identified unfortunately will get these idiots at big games who dont know when to stop but hope u guys dont let it sour the experience

Quote Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
    He’s been ok today but certainly left a lasting impression on him - thank you for asking. Instead of talking about us being champions, he’s talked about being hit by a bottle and not wanting to go again...
    No problem at all. Feel for him.