Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One for the trolls

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    They have been on rlfans giving it large how the ref won it for Saints. The envy, jealousy, vitriol mixed with the sheer hatred of the Saints was vented by so called neutrals. Its well worth a look, its on the virtual terrace board.
    I've enjoyed abusing the small minds on there; put simply you can't argue with stupid so its best to hammer them and expose them as the bigots they are.
    My favourites are people trying to hide bigotry and disappointment that Saints won behind a shallow and facile 'they deserved it over the season' when its palpable to anyone with a brain a side that a club that finished 16 points clear and lost two out of three games with an A team 'deserved' it./ In other words this is barely a compliment, more a statement of the obvious.

I actually watched the game back yesterday and Kendall had a very good game. I don't usually praise refs but he was excellent, consistent and largely spot on with his decisions. It helped that it was two very fair sides involved but he exercised a high level of control over the game

There's a few debatable calls though. The ball strip incidents where we got a penalty for ours and they were deemed to have knocked on, could have gone either way those. Also the forward pass by Fages was possibly an incorrect call and would have been allowed to continue most of the time. He could have sent the Lolohea 'try' to the screen although it would have certainly been chalked off anyway for a clear obstruction

As I said on another thread it was mostly neutrals supporting Salford where I was sat and there was no shouting or moaning about the ref, which tells its own story

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

We didn't deserve the GF win, we went and took it. It was given, it was won. Played better, faster and smarter after Wembley.

All the garbage I read after the CC loss, made Saturday all the more sweeter so thank you dire and pie fans.

I find it funny that other clubs laughed when the reffing decisions (game bearing decisions too may I add) went against us at Wembley, are now furious with the ones that went for us at OT. All swings and roundabouts guys. The fact will remain, we are the 2019 champions and to quote Taia "nobody can take that away from us".

They have been on rlfans giving it large how the ref won it for Saints. The envy, jealousy, vitriol mixed with the sheer hatred of the Saints was vented by so called neutrals. Its well worth a look, its on the virtual terrace board.
    That’s all it is. I literally could not care less

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Very few neutrals when you have been as dominant as we have this season. But, as long as we keep winning, I don't mind the envy that is disguised as abuse.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    ...And in fairness to Rubber Duckie, he did post something similar on one of the other post GF threads.
    Rouges also said a few weeks back (on the mens room) that he was giving social media a miss for a while for personal reasons.

I actually don't mind other fans coming on here. It's just such a waste when they're just trying to antagonise!
    Rogues is busy enough posting on Cherry & *hite arguing with Saints fans over when teams went pro, and trying to say that Saints are in a poor financial position blahblahblah same old same old...

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Rogues is busy enough posting on Cherry & *hite arguing with Saints fans over when teams went pro, and trying to say that Saints are in a poor financial position blahblahblah same old same old...
    He seems to know more about Saints own financial position than the Saints board. I wish we were in the the Warriors position of no ground, no money to make on match days bar golden gamble, no club shop only a portacabin (with no carpet).

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Yes, coz we are the club that has lost £2.5 million over the last 3 years, doesn't own their own stadium and play crap rugby... Rogues, like most Wigan fans, is envious of the position Saints are in, we are stable financially, have directors who know what they are doing and own a fantastic stadium. Their own accountants have said their model is not sustainable and things need to change, i reckon soon that apart from big games they will be playing at Robin Park soon to alleviate some of the rent costs.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Yes, coz we are the club that has lost £2.5 million over the last 3 years, doesn't own their own stadium and play crap rugby... Rogues, like most Wigan fans, is envious of the position Saints are in, we are stable financially, have directors who know what they are doing and own a fantastic stadium. Their own accountants have said their model is not sustainable and things need to change, i reckon soon that apart from big games they will be playing at Robin Park soon to alleviate some of the rent costs.
    To be fair, Saints have lost £2.1m ish over the last three years (depending on which of the two accounting figures you use), and the rent costs for them are fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of things. The income from owning our own stadium and the ownership/funding model for us is far more positive going forward though

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    To be fair, Saints have lost £2.1m ish over the last three years (depending on which of the two accounting figures you use), and the rent costs for them are fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of things. The income from owning our own stadium and the ownership/funding model for us is far more positive going forward though
    300k a season is not an insignificant sum, how much money do they take from concessions in the ground, our stadium provides a revenue stream on match days and other occasions, functions etc. The last i checked we made a profit last season, a modest one but still, there is not the concern from the accountants that Wigan have, they explicitly say their model is unsustainable. If £2.1million is our loss over the last few years (Getting rid of Cunningham is in that) that isnt so bad as we have the assets and ownership to deal with it, reading Wigans account filings for last year, they are overly reliant on Leneghan for their funding as they have fewer revenue streams.

Learning All The Songs

300k a season is not an insignificant sum, how much money do they take from concessions in the ground, our stadium provides a revenue stream on match days and other occasions, functions etc. The last i checked we made a profit last season, a modest one but still, there is not the concern from the accountants that Wigan have, they explicitly say their model is unsustainable. If £2.1million is our loss over the last few years (Getting rid of Cunningham is in that) that isnt so bad as we have the assets and ownership to deal with it, reading Wigans account filings for last year, they are overly reliant on Leneghan for their funding as they have fewer revenue streams.
    £300k is fairly insignificant against turnover of around £6-7m (IIRC), the problem is more being able to generate money from lack of ownership (worth far more to us than £300k). I'd be wary of getting into a peeing contest with them over it if you're not aware the profit that was announced by the club is a different figure to the operating loss we made of £440k. I imagine Rogues will be throwing that in your face. Both commonly used and reasonable figures to present but neither quite the full story on their own. Our ownership and financial model going forward is pretty positive and success this year puts us in a really good position.

I'd stick to celebrating being champions, it's far more fun than financials

Starting A Programme Collection

I read an interview with the Salford Chief Exec.who said just getting to the Grand Final was worth £200.000 to the club in ticket sales, ancillaries and prize money etc.,, so obviously even more to the winners, together with £100.000 prize money for the League Leaders Shield, a healthy sum for Wembley , an increase in home attendances this year which would have led to an increase in the revenue stream., I think we can safely say that we should be looking at a reasonable profit for this year's accounts!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I read an interview with the Salford Chief Exec.who said just getting to the Grand Final was worth £200.000 to the club in ticket sales, ancillaries and prize money etc.,, so obviously even more to the winners, together with £100.000 prize money for the League Leaders Shield, a healthy sum for Wembley , an increase in home attendances this year which would have led to an increase in the revenue stream., I think we can safely say that we should be looking at a reasonable profit for this year's accounts!
    No wonder Rogues has gone missing.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Sounds like a good article, if that is true that is great news for the club, i assume there would also be an increase in shirt sales and other items from the club shop to be considered. I agree we should be looking at an improvement on last season financially, we are in a great position as a club to continue our growth.

Banned

My all time favourite excuse was for their financial position was recarpeting at the DW...

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    I'm not a financial expert. Is that just a 'loss' on paper due to depreciation of the stadium value? I don't know how this sort of thing works!

I've found that if you like coffee but aren't a 'coffee snob' as such, then go to Greggs for your Lattes.

Sound financial advice right there people

Learning All The Songs

Sounds like a good article, if that is true that is great news for the club, i assume there would also be an increase in shirt sales and other items from the club shop to be considered. I agree we should be looking at an improvement on last season financially, we are in a great position as a club to continue our growth.
    I thought those retro cotton red 13 shirts that a few Salford fans were wearing a had some class, a throw back to the original Red Devil’s