Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Strip

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Strip

Are Saints playing in their home kit at GF?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post
    Are Saints playing in their home kit at GF?
    Yes, were classed as the home team due to finishing higher in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Got excited when i saw this thread listed. Big let down :/
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Good article that too
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Good article that too
    Totally agree and it's something I've been thinking about these past few days. I've got a few mates who are Salford fans so it will be great for them if they win. Obviously I'll be devastated with the loss but on the flip side it will be monumental for them. I'm made up the numbers they're bringing.

As far as seasons go there's no bad winner this year, it's the fairytale farewell Vs the Cinderella story.

Banned

Thought I was going to see a bit of T&A. Disappointed to be fair.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Good article that too
    Very good summation of both teams. I think that article if read by a non fan, could get them watching the GF.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Very good summation of both teams. I think that article if read by a non fan, could get them watching the GF.
    Yeah, well written.

I wonder who wrote it for Dave Woods.

In The South Stand

As far as seasons go there's no bad winner this year, it's the fairytale farewell Vs the Cinderella story.
    I agree in the sense that it's not going to be Wigan, Warrington or Leeds winning it. BUT if we don't win it this year I think the impact on our club will be enormous. I think we'll lose 2,000 season ticket holders, I think away followings will drop massively. If we can't win this one, we'll never realistically win a major trophy again in this era. As good as it would be for Salford, we have to be ruthless. We have to win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I agree in the sense that it's not going to be Wigan, Warrington or Leeds winning it. BUT if we don't win it this year I think the impact on our club will be enormous. I think we'll lose 2,000 season ticket holders, I think away followings will drop massively. If we can't win this one, we'll never realistically win a major trophy again in this era. As good as it would be for Salford, we have to be ruthless. We have to win this game.
    No pressure then?

Totally agree we should sell the totally wicked and cash in If we get beat. I'm never going to go again, fantastic season enjoying every game or not we may as well just call it a day.

Maybe Wigan could buy it off us, they could do with a stadium with a lower capacity, winning trophies playing dull rugby is going well for their attendances

Learning All The Songs

What? There are only 2 things i agree with in this statement, 1 it not Wigan, Leeds and Warrington if we dont win and 2 we have to win this game, but not for the reasons you state, which are pretty absurd, i think we need to win it to prove how much better than everyone else we have been this year. As for the rest of your statement i dont see us losing 2000 season ticket holders, or anywhere close to that, nor do i see away followings dropping massively, people will still follow the team, especially given the standard of rugby that we play. Will we be unhappy if we lose tomorrow, yes, but the sky will not fall in like you are trying to predict, we will go again but i think we will win tomorrow ao your doom and gloom is unnecessary.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    but i think we will win tomorrow ao your doom and gloom is unnecessary.
    Hopefully.

Banned

If we'd not have buggered up the CC final, and already had that in the bag, what you say could have some merit. But we need to win this. I'm not going to be as melodramatic as Sadgit but we lose tomorrow and the chokers tag will grow to mammoth proportions - not to mention the glee it'd give the shiteating fans of other clubs.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    If we'd not have buggered up the CC final, and already had that in the bag, what you say could have some merit. But we need to win this. I'm not going to be as melodramatic as Sadgit but we lose tomorrow and the chokers tag will grow to mammoth proportions - not to mention the glee it'd give the shiteating fans of other clubs.
    Webbo have faith they wont "bugger" this up.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    If we get beat tomorrow then we're in the perfect place, new coach has already been chosen to figure out why we can't get over the last hurdle. The squad has proved it works during the league he just has to get us over the line.

What I wrote was more as a neutral looking at it. I'm not just talking about the teams actually involved saints Wigan wire Leeds.... Strip it back and it's the runaway leaders who deserve to be there Vs the team who nobody gave a chance and did it on a shoe string. Either would be a worthy winner. It's not one of the big teams playing poor all year, scraping into the playoffs only to bore their way through.

Yes if we choke tomorrow it's going to be tough but that's sport. We won one in 2014, imagine being a Warrington fan!