Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Kendall to Referee Grand Final

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    But im struggling to understand your original point, you dont want the ref to intervene to stop something that stops the flow of the game, because it would stop the flow of the game? Players slowing the play the ball down kills the flow of the game and a referee intervening to stop this wouldn’t stop the flow of the game, surely it would speed it up?
    This is exactly the right point. Blow up a couple of times for any lying on at the start, make it clear that you're not having it, the players will stop lying on to avoid pointless penalties and the game flows. Being too scared to blow up in case it doesn't stop it from happening is just a ridiculous way to view it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Rod Studd has developed an issue with Saints. Here's what he put on Twitter:

"Anyone going to ask Mr Ganson + the RFL if Robert Hicks was ruled out due to Mr McManus’s post Challenge Cup Final outbursts? Anyone going to ask Mr McManus If he objected to Mr Hicks being considered for the role because of “perceptions of bias” ??"

I'm not on Twitter, but someone should explain that Hicks wasn't chosen because of the howlers he made in the CCF, which all favoured one side and undoubtedly had an impact on the game & result.
    What an absolute ••••ing clown. I honestly wouldn't get sick of punching his fat, gormless face.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    Stated emphatically with the power of hindsight
    He wasn't though was he? The RFL have taken him out the firing line. The pressure he would have been under on Saturday would have been immense. He's already had death threats for dire fans.

I would have been shocked had he got the gig.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    You just couldn’t make it up could you

As if things weren’t difficult enough for Salford as it is, up pop the RFL with a fourteenth man for saints
    Are you Rob Studd??? He talks bollxxks too

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    He wasn't though was he? The RFL have taken him out the firing line. The pressure he would have been under on Saturday would have been immense. He's already had death threats for dire fans.

I would have been shocked had he got the gig.
    It would have looked a bit dodgy if having not had Hicks since the CC final, given what was rightly said about him, for him to get the Grand Final. It would have had an air of we are going to stitch you up here, they for once have done the easiest and best thing which is keep him out of the firing line and give it to another official, it just so happens they have given it to the one who people think is the best official this year, for once...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Well if the players continue to lie on you escalate it, team warning, sin bin etc, for me the ref should be focusing more on the ptb area anyway, its the key to maintain a good speed to the game. Win the contact and you dont get wrestled is all well and good as you can get to the ground quickly but what if teams lie in there and slow you down, they take away the advantage you are trying to achieve.

I see the flow of the game with a 2 fold view, yes you do not want a referee blowing his whistle for every single minor indiscretion, ie a player being a foot offside, but if you have a team that come with a gameplan of cynically slowing the ptb down to the point where it stalls any momentum the attacking side are trying to build that for me also kills the flow of the game. There has been times this year where sides have turned up with the plan of we slow the play the ball down to the point of the game almost stands still, it doesn’t create a very good spectacle for the fans. I feel rugby games have a natural flow to them, centred around a decent ptb speed, if this is slowed down too much the flow goes out of the game and it begins to feel a bit like the NFL where plays are separated.
    Not sure why you have to keep repeating this point of view, for me you are 100%correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Not sure why you have to keep repeating this point of view, for me you are 100%correct.
    He's not learnt the downside of trying to get others to accept his view

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    He's not learnt the downside of trying to get others to accept his view
    It was in response to something Upside said, i was just reiterating my point after taking what he had said onboard.

It was in response to something Upside said, i was just reiterating my point after taking what he had said onboard.
    I know, and I was agreeing with you. If you read what I said you may find an innuendo in there

Learning All The Songs

I know, and I was agreeing with you. If you read what I said you may find an innuendo in there
    Understand now its been a long day...

Upside
    Non Members

Likewise, I think we both shared a point of view in a discussion over the approach to officiating a game, not sure why other people are joining in to make it out to be anything other than that? A perfectly reasonable discussion on a forum which is for sharing views??

Noooobie

Seeing that it’s obvious that saints have picked their own referee for the Grand Final, it does beg the question did saints also pick their own referee for the Challenge Cup Final

4-2 on penalties - affirmatory
    Still trying to upstage threads. You offer nothing on any forum judging by your posts on other sires. Hopefully this will be the only hit you will get on this thread so you can then go back to your Warrington fantasy land where everything is Primrose and blue and you are the champions of your own limited mind

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Seeing that it’s obvious that saints have picked their own referee for the Grand Final, it does beg the question did saints also pick their own referee for the Challenge Cup Final

4-2 on penalties - affirmatory
    Shame we couldn’t pick the opponents. Salford might give us a game after finishing the season with a few wins whereas we’d rather play you guys, you can’t even turn up at Old Trafford never mind have a chance of winning.

Still, you can watch all your losses at Old Trafford on repeat.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Still trying to upstage threads. You offer nothing on any forum judging by your posts on other sires. Hopefully this will be the only hit you will get on this thread so you can then go back to your Warrington fantasy land where everything is Primrose and blue and you are the champions of your own limited mind
    If Saints win I’m gonna take such a $hit on Wire’s RLfans forum, I swear to God!!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    If Saints win I’m gonna take such a $hit on Wire’s RLfans forum, I swear to God!!
    Might have to be a bit of a pub crawl round Warrington Sunday whilst wearing a Saints top if things go our way.

Banned

You love a bit of innuendo SC.

Got A Season Ticket

Don't lower yourself to his/her/it's level

Got A Season Ticket

Don't lower yourself to his/her/it's level

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    They'd soon get bored if people stopped replying

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't create the impression that they are actual important.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    You love a bit of innuendo SC.
    I just couldn't resist AD.

Learning All The Songs

Yep little Pig , Pickled egg, and White Hart in WA10 are where it’s at
    I really love your posts, please can you keep it up

At least until you win a GF or you start drawing your pension. Probably be the latter.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Understand now its been a long day...
    Both Claire and myself thought you were spot on. Others have different opinions and will argue to the death that they are right.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Both Claire and myself thought you were spot on. Others have different opinions and will argue to the death that they are right.
    I wonder who you could mean?

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    I really love your posts, please can you keep it up

At least until you win a GF or you start drawing your pension. Probably be the latter.
    My Ignore function has finally started working.

No longer have to read the Bewsey Bog Brush's nonsense