Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: MOS Awards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Default MOS Awards

Matty Lees has won Young Player of the Year. Holbrook has won coach of the year.

Massive congratulations to them both.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

There’s some hilarious fuming from the Salford fans on Twitter over Holbrook getting coach of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    There’s some hilarious fuming from the Salford fans on Twitter over Holbrook getting coach of the year.
    I’d have had no complaints if Watson had won but to say he was robbed by a coach who finished 16 points clear, got to two finals playing entertaining rugby and with a record of only three league losses is laughable.
    I am angry, I am ill and I'm as ugly as sin ...

Watched it on the Our League app. Very well put together, really enjoyed it...well done to Justin and Matty

Congratulations to all.

Not sure how any one could argue with either of those to be honest.

Well done Matty and Justin!

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I went. It was ok for first attempt (with fans). Re Salford fans. More there than at a home game (apart from last home game). Very vocal and at times disrespectful when coach of year was playing video making it obvious it was going to be Justin. Also the odd random shout from a gobby Salford fan.
    My wife took the only flag (Saints) there which got a lot of attention..
    Elstone got an almost silent reception when he took the stage. Phil Clarke from Sky was roundly booed ever time he was introduced or talked.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs

To be fair on the Salford forum they are having a go at the booing aimed at Holbrook from their drunken fans. They just hope some of their fans behave better on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    To be fair on the Salford forum they are having a go at the booing aimed at Holbrook from their drunken fans. They just hope some of their fans behave better on Saturday.
    I wouldn't get your hopes up

Learning All The Songs

Very happy for Lees; though I don't think people realised how serious his injury was. He looks to have lost a lot of weight and muscle mass. Really hope he can get back to full fitness and into the team, ASAP.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    It just sounded so small town, and took away from JH, I thought they were lucky it was JH.. I think the likes of Radford or Wane in previous years would have just walked up..

In the end JH had to justify his award which was a shame..

Why would you go to an awards and boo someone like that.. I remember when Andy Farrell retired and got a rousing round of applause at Knowsley Road, that's respect

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    It just sounded so small town, and took away from JH, I thought they were lucky it was JH.. I think the likes of Radford or Wane in previous years would have just walked up..

In the end JH had to justify his award which was a shame..

Why would you go to an awards and boo someone like that.. I remember when Andy Farrell retired and got a rousing round of applause at Knowsley Road, that's respect
    I was chuffed to bits for them making the final. Unfortunately, they do seem to have a fair few idiots.

Lack of respect & a lack of class. I would have had no problem if Watson had got it. He's done a magnificent job

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Both very well deserved

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Very slick production, watched it on YouTube, with less than 200 others (presume ourLeague is separate)

Can't argue with the winners really, as much as I don't agree with the system Hastings is a worthy winner even under a simple journalists pick like back in the day, thought they maybe could have included a player's player of the year too, with each player picking one player (else people would say "they'd have been MOS last year)

Interesting concept allowing fans in, but don't think it was necessary, the Salford fans singing Ian Watson songs when Holbrook received his award was embarrassing really, no matter what their thoughts

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

The thing that impressed me was how well people spoke about the game and how passionate they are about RL.The only exception to this was the three clowns from Sky.it was like a comedy act.I was very impressed with JJB and that surprised me and Benny Westwood came across well.Jackson Hastings was excellent and a worthy winner.

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    The thing that impressed me was how well people spoke about the game and how passionate they are about RL.The only exception to this was the three clowns from Sky.it was like a comedy act.I was very impressed with JJB and that surprised me and Benny Westwood came across well.Jackson Hastings was excellent and a worthy winner.
    JJB and Benny Westwood are good, sound and honest guys.
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    Got a lot of time for JJB comes accross very well as a pundit

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Got a lot of time for JJB comes accross very well as a pundit
    I think he comes across well as a guy. I was reading a while ago about how much work he does for the community, outside of his Leeds commitments,

Very slick production, watched it on YouTube, with less than 200 others (presume ourLeague is separate)

Can't argue with the winners really, as much as I don't agree with the system Hastings is a worthy winner even under a simple journalists pick like back in the day, thought they maybe could have included a player's player of the year too, with each player picking one player (else people would say "they'd have been MOS last year)

Interesting concept allowing fans in, but don't think it was necessary, the Salford fans singing Ian Watson songs when Holbrook received his award was embarrassing really, no matter what their thoughts

Having it at the Lowry meant there were more Salford “fans” there than turn up to the AJBell most weeks....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

ffs.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    ffs.
    Motivation to give them a good ••••ting at the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Matty Lees has won Young Player of the Year. Holbrook has won coach of the year.

Massive congratulations to them both.
    I wasn't expecting Lees to get it but really happy for the lad. I don't think he could have put anything more into his game, 100% effort everytime he played. Great that he won it despite missing a few games with an horrendous injury. I hope this is some sort of a consolation to him for missing the GF.