Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well done Toronto

Noooobie

Default Well done Toronto

Empty away stands for Catalan games now Toronto can all super league clubs afford the hit on revenue?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    Empty away stands for Catalan games now Toronto can all super league clubs afford the hit on revenue?
    They should be able to given they're not letting Toronto have any of the sky money

Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    Their central funding money gets distributed to all other clubs so that should offset the loss. London brought only a handful anyway so the difference will be negligible.

In The South Stand

Some superleage teams struggle to get 5 or 6 thousand for their home games and take a small minibus full to away games. If you are relying on away fans for your revenue then you are in big trouble.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

How many fans did the team they replaced bring to The Totally Wicked Stadium .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    How many fans did the team they replaced bring to The Totally Wicked Stadium .
    8 + the mini bus driver

Got A Season Ticket

Yeah I’m sure we will not be able to cope without the away fans. Those extra 40 fans Huddersfield brought or the 30 Wakey fans which meant we didn’t even open up the east stand really made the difference to our balance sheet.

If clubs are relying on away attendances for revenue then they are stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

It’s not the lack of Toronto fans that’s the problem for me it’s the team disguise itself, over half of the team will probably live within 30 miles of the M62 the rest loaded up with overseas players with dual passports and we will not see any Canadian Superleague quality players until the back end of the next decade. Will the owners bankroll for this long a period I,m not too sure.

Banned

Wigan travel in good numbers, Wire reasonable numbers, the rest its between one man and a dog and 6 coachloads from Hull. However I do think away supporters with season tickets should pay 15.00 across the board except Toronto and Cats.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    It’s not the lack of Toronto fans that’s the problem for me it’s the team disguise itself, over half of the team will probably live within 30 miles of the M62 the rest loaded up with overseas players with dual passports and we will not see any Canadian Superleague quality players until the back end of the next decade. Will the owners bankroll for this long a period I,m not too sure.
    Salford don't have many Salford players, Hull KR don't have many Hull players, don't see it being an issue for the time being. With them having a base in Manchester and investing in London Skolars, they'd be better putting their backing to UK development in those areas while they push involvement with kids back home. It'll probably be a decade or two before anyone from the kids initiatives make it anywhere near the professional game.

If they're able to transition the free tickets from the last couple of years into paying customers, then crowds of 9k should help make them self sufficient if they can plug the commercial gap from not getting a share of central funding.

I'd be more worried about how UK clubs are going to waste the extra 1/12th funding they're now getting

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Their central funding money gets distributed to all other clubs so that should offset the loss. London brought only a handful anyway so the difference will be negligible.
    Is there a time limit on how long they forfeit their share of TV money??

I want it to work, I really do. As has been mentioned, only 4 or 5 clubs bring decent numbers to our place.

It's just not a Canadian team. It's a Canadian based team.

But at least they are getting very good numbers for their home games.

We need to look at developing a strong amateur/junior structure in the Toronto region as well

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Salford don't have many Salford players, Hull KR don't have many Hull players, don't see it being an issue for the time being. With them having a base in Manchester and investing in London Skolars, they'd be better putting their backing to UK development in those areas while they push involvement with kids back home. It'll probably be a decade or two before anyone from the kids initiatives make it anywhere near the professional game.

If they're able to transition the free tickets from the last couple of years into paying customers, then crowds of 9k should help make them self sufficient if they can plug the commercial gap from not getting a share of central funding.

I'd be more worried about how UK clubs are going to waste the extra 1/12th funding they're now getting
    Come to think of it, how many Sinthelliners are in our first team?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    Fages sounds like a St Helens lad that lived in France for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    Isn’t it three from last week’s team? Lomax, Roby and Smith? Don’t know if Luke Thomson is from St.Helens.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post

This

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    This
    Wakefield and Castleford will use to buy scrap metal to repair their grounds and then say they're skint.
    Warrington will add it to their salary cap of 18.5m.
    Wigan will pay the rent on time.
    We won't spend it on competent bar staff.

Noooobie

Toronto away, Catalan away, Magic weekend, Wembley and Old Trafford. A lot of expensive day's there! Something is going to suffer next season probably CC final and magic weekend.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Isn’t it three from last week’s team? Lomax, Roby and Smith? Don’t know if Luke Thomson is from St.Helens.
    Yeah played for bold

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Wakefield and Castleford will use to buy scrap metal to repair their grounds and then say they're skint.
    Warrington will add it to their salary cap of 18.5m.
    Wigan will pay the rent on time.
    We won't spend it on competent bar staff.
    More likely that the clubs will waste it on big contracts for Doc Murray, type second rate Aussies

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Fages sounds like a St Helens lad that lived in France for a bit.
    Grew up in Pocket Nook

Noooobie

Far more concerned by McDermott’s comments after the game where he seemed to suggest that the Super League will die if the big finals are only contested by northern English teams, and that it should be Toronto, Barcelona or New york(etc). Whilst I don’t agree with him I don’t like the way he is pushing expansion at the cost of the heartlands rather than along side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stockportsaint View Post
    Far more concerned by McDermott’s comments after the game where he seemed to suggest that the Super League will die if the big finals are only contested by northern English teams, and that it should be Toronto, Barcelona or New york(etc). Whilst I don’t agree with him I don’t like the way he is pushing expansion at the cost of the heartlands rather than along side.

Well I don't know any other "premier" sport that has a domestic competition that competes in Canada, America, England, France and Spain. If its a "Champions League" type comp then fair enough but RL in the northern hemisphere has no stature and financial clout or professional administration to give that thought any value.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Grew up in Pocket Nook
    He's from Newton-le-Willows.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stockportsaint View Post

He was obviously emotional but it's not unusual for him to talk out of his backside. He must be forgetting he was born in Wakefield and a good few of his players will have similar backgrounds. He's also probably not done his players any favours for next season as he just came across as being arrogant and disrespectful after winning a basically part time league with full time players and a much bigger budget than everyone else. Well done Brian.

I'll make a guess now that he ends up having another meltdown next season like he did at Leeds. He's always struck me as a bit odd.