Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flat cap or expansion day

Learning All The Songs

No Fev i’ll miss that warm Fev family friendly welcome that they’ve always given away fan's.

Got A Season Ticket

Do Catalan play on Friday nights in Catalan? They have there own deal with Sky and French Tv for there home games. Toronto would be the same. I maybe be wrong. Canadian sports channels were there in numbers yesterday and they do show some NRL too.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    I suspect being a North America team they will need to get a few Universities to start leagues. If Ottawa/New York etc. Get started it makes sense for them to pool there resources and start there own system rather than flying Academy players over here.

However I think this is secondary to making the team financially sustainable.
    I don't disagree with you, but the problem we will face is that Union has been entrenched in US university for years, I played in California with a couple of guys that had been playing at NYU 40 years ago. I think for most Americans, Rugby is a foreign concept anyway, trying to explain there are two versions ??. If we can get Uni's interested, then I agree that is the way to go.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Hamstersaint View Post
    Do Catalan play on Friday nights in Catalan? They have there own deal with Sky and French Tv for there home games. Toronto would be the same. I maybe be wrong. Canadian sports channels were there in numbers yesterday and they do show some NRL too.
    No, Catalans play their home games generally on Saturday evenings around 7pm CET (6pm GMT). Sky show all their home games but the coverage is from French TV and Sky's commentators are generally not at the ground but watching it in a room somewhere in the UK.

I assume they'll do similar for Toronto, taking the coverage from Canadian TV etc with Sky comms piped in over it.

The point I was making earlier wasn't that Toronto wouldn't be on TV here, but rather their home games couldn't be on in the marquee Friday night slot due to the 5 hour time difference. They may well have all their home games live here on Saturday or Sunday evenings, but hardly anyone will watch them other than fans of the team they are playing, as this is what happens with Catalans home games which pull in only a fraction of the Friday night games. There will be several Toronto away games picked for Friday night no doubt, but it is their home games that are the big thing in terms of what the powers-that-be want from them (a new look for the sport, ad revenue etc).