Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand Final .

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    Aaron should be given detention for that sloppy work.

Us by ten and Lomax wins HST

Proper write up, this time by another Aaron!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...l-rugby-league

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    Anyone that uses ‘beginners luck’ as a reason to justify something should never be allowed to write another article. Embarrassing stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Just to go off on a tangent , whoever thought up the training for the last couple of weeks is an absolute genius , I'll leave it there saints WILL be ready .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Just to go off on a tangent , whoever thought up the training for the last couple of weeks is an absolute genius , I'll leave it there saints WILL be ready .
    Care to elaborate Roy? Sounds interesting

Banned

I am intrigued as well, I hope it has not involved learning to pole dance with some of the finest exponents of the art this side of Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Care to elaborate Roy? Sounds interesting

Nah I wouldn't. Let's leave it all in house eh

Lads I would love to , really want to go with this but Ralph is spot on , all will be revealed when the "Champs" walk out tmorra .

Bricking it now. Watched some highlights from the SL twitter feed and feel sick with nerves.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection Marsh's Avatar

My prediction is that this will be a week too far for Salford, they looked tired at the end last week and we will be fresh as daisies, when Thompson and Walmsley come on for their second stint, that is when it will hit them

Got A Season Ticket

To be honest, I can't bear it. I hated being at Wembley because the choke felt inevitable after the first 10 minutes. There've been so many chokes now in big matches, I feel like we can't win if we're carrying the favourites tag, and we are tomorrow - no matter what the Salford romance story.

I couldn't make it to Old Trafford this year, although after going to Wembley I'm not sure how hard I'd have tried if I could have! So I'll be watching the match on telly, through my fingers from behind the sofa. Unless we're three scores up, I'll probably need Valium until the final hooter.

Don't let us down lads. Don't choke again. I can't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Haggerty View Post
    To be honest, I can't bear it. I hated being at Wembley because the choke felt inevitable after the first 10 minutes. There've been so many chokes now in big matches, I feel like we can't win if we're carrying the favourites tag, and we are tomorrow - no matter what the Salford romance story.

I couldn't make it to Old Trafford this year, although after going to Wembley I'm not sure how hard I'd have tried if I could have! So I'll be watching the match on telly, through my fingers from behind the sofa. Unless we're three scores up, I'll probably need Valium until the final hooter.

Don't let us down lads. Don't choke again. I can't stand it.
    I was pretty emphatic after the cup final that I expected us to get to the GF and blow it. Now my optimistic nature has got the better of me and somehow I feel like we’ll have learned our lesson.

I think a lot will be revealed within the first 20-30 minutes. If we’re overplaying and dropping the ball at that stage then I’ll be watching with a sense of impending doom. If we’re looking after the ball then I reckon that’s when we’ll start getting on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I was pretty emphatic after the cup final that I expected us to get to the GF and blow it. Now my optimistic nature has got the better of me and somehow I feel like we’ll have learned our lesson.

I think a lot will be revealed within the first 20-30 minutes. If we’re overplaying and dropping the ball at that stage then I’ll be watching with a sense of impending doom. If we’re looking after the ball then I reckon that’s when we’ll start getting on top.
    They wont blow it Dux they will and are ready.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Feeling absolutely fine about the game really. Big game nerves should have hit by now but I’m very confident this group of players know that this is their time and this title is ours for the taking. It’s not arrogance or even dismissing Salford, it’s just a calmness that I think we’ll get the job done.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    They wont blow it Dux they will and are ready.
    I just hope we can hit the form we did against Wigan and are not getting a bit rusty. No panic football, and we should not have a problem. I think one thing in our favour this time is that all the neutrals will be against us, so we don;t have that weight on our shoulders.

Learning All The Songs

I have woken up with the big match nerves. Train not till ten. Come on saints!!!

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Noooobie

Can’t go to the final as I’m recovering from an operation on my Achilles which means I am going to have to put up with even more gush about Salford from the Sky team. I really hope we put 30 points on them to see what they say then! I suspect it will be closer- don’t really care if we win by 80th minute drop goal though. We were 16 points better than any team this season and we need to take that confidence into the game. They might have 4/5 possible game breakers, but we have 13.
    Please please please let this be our year COYS!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Feeling absolutely fine about the game really. Big game nerves should have hit by now but I’m very confident this group of players know that this is their time and this title is ours for the taking. It’s not arrogance or even dismissing Salford, it’s just a calmness that I think we’ll get the job done.
    I'm confident too. Saints just seemed so focus and ready in the build up and most of the talk has been about Salford, which will probably help us and motivate us more. We're ready for this. COYS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Excited now! Can’t wait to get in to Manchester. Im quietly confident. I’m not really thinking about the result that much because i just want to enjoy the day more than anything else. Ive got a feeling the game itself will be a belter. Salford will test us but we will be ready.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I'm confident too. Saints just seemed so focus and ready in the build up and most of the talk has been about Salford, which will probably help us and motivate us more. We're ready for this. COYS!!
    I haven't been as nervous about a game for a long time. The kick off here is 3.30am and I doubt I will sleep before it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There won’t be a single neutral supporting us today so it’s up to us to provide it. I can fully understand it but I’m now sick of the Salford love-in this week. Let’s get out there and show them what we have done all season. Train at 11:55, drinks and game. A dry brisk day - we couldn’t have asked for more COYS!
    I am angry, I am ill and I'm as ugly as sin ...

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMo View Post
    There won’t be a single neutral supporting us today so it’s up to us to provide it. I can fully understand it but I’m now sick of the Salford love-in this week. Let’s get out there and show them what we have done all season. Train at 11:55, drinks and game. A dry brisk day - we couldn’t have asked for more COYS!
    Excellently put Michael!

Hoping the dry day makes for a relatively quick game for this time of year. I think that will suit us, all things being equal

Got A Season Ticket

6am kick off here in NZ, have a great day everyone and COYS.