Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand Final .

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    That's 2 finals now ruined by refereeing decisions, so please don't tell me that the "ref" cannot have an influence on the game , it stinks.
    It was a shocker,cost the raiders the game. Hope our gf isn't going to make it 3.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Gonna be in the city centre from 2’ish on Saturday for a stroll around and a few drinks before getting the tram to Old Trafford.
    Whats other peoples plans for the day?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Gonna be in the city centre from 2’ish on Saturday for a stroll around and a few drinks before getting the tram to Old Trafford.
    Food and drink at the Lowry outlet from half 2ish then walk to the ground about 4ish for a couple more before I take my seat and the nerves kick in.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    The only team that can beat us next saturday is ourselves.
    You've got a good experience of that from the Challenge Cup final. I think you're all getting too far ahead of yourselves. It's been shown that if you can get in Saints' faces enough they buckle under the pressure. I wouldn't rule this out.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    You've got a good experience of that from the Challenge Cup final. I think you're all getting too far ahead of yourselves. It's been shown that if you can get in Saints' faces enough they buckle under the pressure. I wouldn't rule this out.
    What you’ve said doesn’t disprove what Don said. If anything it adds weight to it.

If we get our game right, we will win. We didn’t at Wembley, so we lost. How does that amount to anyone getting ahead of themselves?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    Far too ahead of ourselves? Behave.

Find me one post on here that is claiming victory already.

We are fully aware of our recent record in crunch games. It hasn't been good enough & we need to fix it.

Your post is ridiculous. Try harder

The people I'm with, there are so many things that could happen. And that's before 10.30 am

Learning All The Songs

Keep Hastings and Evalds quiet and we will do well, if you ask me. My biggest worry is us coming into the game thinking we have already won.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Keep Hastings and Evalds quiet and we will do well, if you ask me. My biggest worry is us coming into the game thinking we have already won.
    Don't think that will be the case this time

Learning All The Songs

The other thing to consider is the weather; forecast rain all day Saturday and pretty much every day for the rest of this week. Really need to be focused and not playing dumb footie come Saturday evening.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I don’t think the players will underestimate Salford. And they shouldn’t. Salford are the real deal and have come close to beating us a number of times over the past few seasons.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Heading into Manchester for 11 for some breakfast and then heading to Smithfield's or Cask for 12. Cannot wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2019/10/0...-old-trafford/

Free taxis from City center to OT if your lucky to catch one.
    Last edited by Jackbit; 8th October 2019 at 14:08.

Got A Season Ticket

Our new routine (since last year) is Altrincham Market (sensational food and drink) and tram to OT which makes getting away much easier. Can’t wait

Staying over Friday/ Saturday so will be out from opening or shortly after. Starting in The Angel and no doubt doing a few NQ bars along the way.
    Usual sketch! Uber to OT in time for Shed 7.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I'm busy that morning so don't get into Manchester until 4ish. Probably grab a pint in one of the local craft beer places near the station as I don't particularly like the pubs near the ground.
    Back on the night bus after the game, so time for a couple then too!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I'm busy that morning so don't get into Manchester until 4ish. Probably grab a pint in one of the local craft beer places near the station as I don't particularly like the pubs near the ground.
    Back on the night bus after the game, so time for a couple then too!
    I see Schofield is tiping Salford by 7

Learning All The Songs

The other thing to consider is the weather; forecast rain all day Saturday and pretty much every day for the rest of this week. Really need to be focused and not playing dumb footie come Saturday evening.
    BBC forecast is dry all day on sat now

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    I see Schofield is tiping Salford by 7
    He makes some good points Schofield a lot of the time. But he's never liked us & he loves seeing us get beaten.

If you watch the OOYL grand final show (the one Will Perry does), Lomax is on it with Naiqama. Lomax says that Saints see Salford as a strong team, and understands how difficult the task is.

This Salford underdog nonsense is a great way for the media to keep the interest flowing all week (and hopefully sell more tickets). If it does & if it has, then great.

We are going there with everyone else not just hoping that we lose, everyone else is desperate for us to lose. I find that mentality pretty sad if I'm honest but if someone not a fan of Salford has bought a ticket, hoping to see that happen, then it's good by me. More money in the coffers.

As long as the team is focused on the job in hand, and the Saints contingent concentrate on supporting the team, then that's all we can do. Wembley was quiet. We've got to make a din there on Saturday.

Everybody is baying for us to come unstuck & we well might, but let's just enjoy the day as supporters & back the players to the end. No going quiet if they score first.

I think it's going to be a very, very hard game. They are well coached with quality, experienced players. But we are a good team with a good coach too. We can do it. So can they.

I think it will be close & can't call it. If I had to I think Salford might just complete the fairy tale but I'm always pessimistic & look at how wrong I was last week

Learning All The Songs

Schofield picked us at Wembley, enough said.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

I'm sure he picked us a few times when we played Leeds.

Hope it's not a curse.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

I know it’s been covered a little above but what are the thoughts about which city centre pubs will have the majority of rugby fans for the build up to the game?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    He makes some good points Schofield a lot of the time. But he's never liked us & he loves seeing us get beaten.

If you watch the OOYL grand final show (the one Will Perry does), Lomax is on it with Naiqama. Lomax says that Saints see Salford as a strong team, and understands how difficult the task is.

This Salford underdog nonsense is a great way for the media to keep the interest flowing all week (and hopefully sell more tickets). If it does & if it has, then great.

We are going there with everyone else not just hoping that we lose, everyone else is desperate for us to lose. I find that mentality pretty sad if I'm honest but if someone not a fan of Salford has bought a ticket, hoping to see that happen, then it's good by me. More money in the coffers.

As long as the team is focused on the job in hand, and the Saints contingent concentrate on supporting the team, then that's all we can do. Wembley was quiet. We've got to make a din there on Saturday.

Everybody is baying for us to come unstuck & we well might, but let's just enjoy the day as supporters & back the players to the end. No going quiet if they score first.

I think it's going to be a very, very hard game. They are well coached with quality, experienced players. But we are a good team with a good coach too. We can do it. So can they.

I think it will be close & can't call it. If I had to I think Salford might just complete the fairy tale but I'm always pessimistic & look at how wrong I was last week
    I reckon there is less pressure on the Saints players now, the media have hyped up Salford to the eyeballs and are expecting an upset more so than the CC Final. The players will be more determined to send off Holbrook with a trophy and will want it more in my opinion.

If we had won the CC Cup then there would perhaps be a bit of complacency going into the game, they will want to replicate the same performance as against the goons but they will know Salford will attack and defend better but I doubt if they can do that for 80 mins I'm not sure if that's possible and it could be one game too far them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I reckon there is less pressure on the Saints players now, the media have hyped up Salford to the eyeballs and are expecting an upset more so than the CC Final. The players will be more determined to send off Holbrook with a trophy and will want it more in my opinion.

If we had won the CC Cup then there would perhaps be a bit of complacency going into the game, they will want to replicate the same performance as against the goons but they will know Salford will attack and defend better but I doubt if they can do that for 80 mins I'm not sure if that's possible and it could be one game too far them.
    My tbougts exactly allmost as we are the underdogs as for Schofield he's just bitter never got over Hanley signing for Leeds and taking his place as the big cheese

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    I know it’s been covered a little above but what are the thoughts about which city centre pubs will have the majority of rugby fans for the build up to the game?
    It wouldn't be my first choice, but I would imagine quite a few fans in the W.spoons and the other similar places between Piccadilly Gardens and the station.