Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joe Greenwood

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Remember being at Naughton Park when Offiah burst on the scene and Offiah went round Ledger on the outside. Ledger just aimed a kick at him and connected.

Me and my mates (early teens probably) cheered without thinking how we were surrounded by Widnes fans, and this old bloke pushed my mate off the wall he was sitting on and all these angry Smellies began acting threatening. We gave it legs back to the main bulk of the Saints fans.
    Ha ha. It could be an intimidating place Naughton park

Barry Ledger was quick and very good, played international but Offiah could make the best look foolish, always preferred him at Widnes

'Give it legs' that takes me back

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Was it Barry 'labatts', after the Lager?
    "Labatt out of hell" was the one I recall tilly.
    Gary Stretch always got a bad press from the streets in our town, I don`t know why. He never did St. Helens down always the other way round, he was a World Light Middleweight Champion often giving his time to various causes. He fought Eubank at Super Middleweight he should never have moved up to that weight. He made the mistake of having nose surgery which meant he could not take a big fight in America, if he won that he would have been a UK boxing hero, he had the lot, male model looks, champion boxer and a could string a sentence together. Tried films later on with his buddy Mickey Rourke so think he has still made a good living.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Remember being at Naughton Park when Offiah burst on the scene and Offiah went round Ledger on the outside. Ledger just aimed a kick at him and connected.

Me and my mates (early teens probably) cheered without thinking how we were surrounded by Widnes fans, and this old bloke pushed my mate off the wall he was sitting on and all these angry Smellies began acting threatening. We gave it legs back to the main bulk of the Saints fans.
    I could of sworn he'd done that at KR. I just remember being in hysterics after he did it.

IIRC he'd been out of the side for a while and was brought back because everyone was shit scared of Offiah. Fairly sure it was the first game he didn't score

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk