Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Greenwood

Learning All The Songs

Default Joe Greenwood

Not going very well for him atm with the Dark Side not getting picked?

Had one good game against us when he tore into Danny Richardson's side and had a blinder. Since then gone down hill.

I think Greenwood was always a hot and cold sort of player for us. I wondered if he might develop more consistency as he got older but it seems like it just might be part of his game.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think Greenwood was always a hot and cold sort of player for us. I wondered if he might develop more consistency as he got older but it seems like it just might be part of his game.
    I really liked him when we had him running the left channel. When he got put on the right he didn't look half as good. Since he came back from Aus he has never looked match fit, always seems to be carrying a bit of extra weight. I don't know whether it is him or the way he is being coached at pieland, but he doesn't seem half as involved as he used to be.

Got A Season Ticket

Been told jake Connor put him on his backside during an altercation they had recently

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

He's alright. One of them that you feel has the potential but is never going to fulfil it. I thought he would be a big loss for us but he hasn't been. I wouldn't says he's progressed since leaving us.

I’m of the opinion that Wigan coach the skill out of players for their grind. Look at Greenwood and Hardaker, both free-running players at previous clubs but now not so much.

It’s only a couple of seasons ago that our own coach was doing something similar, with players like Peyroux stinking the place out while we tried to copy Wane’s World.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

My feeling is he cannot quite carry the weigh he has and really fully perform back row duties. I can only see him getting a place there in the front row.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

I said before he left us he was an under-performing player and we were getting a good deal in Taia.
    Especially in his final season for us Greenwood just didn’t cut the mustard.

I don’t wish against him but I’m glad he’s on Wigan’s books.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    My feeling is he cannot quite carry the weigh he has and really fully perform back row duties. I can only see him getting a place there in the front row.
    I actually thought that a couple of weeks ago. I don't think he's tough enough though.

Banned

He reminds me of Lee Gaskell. Obviously not playing wise, but in the fact that there’s a decent player in there but he doesn’t apply himself or show it on a consistent basis

Quote Originally Posted by stobartmassive View Post
    Been told jake Connor put him on his backside during an altercation they had recently
    Was it at the same chippy that Stuart Evans laid out Gary Stretch?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    This is from a very good sauce

Curry

Learning All The Songs theres only one stan wall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I actually thought that a couple of weeks ago. I don't think he's tough enough though.
    His nickname at Saints was Josephine for a reason.

10/12/1989 12-12 v Dewsbury (H) Regal Trophy.
    Att:5,847 (Loyal supporter ever since).

Banned

Wasn't that the other way around?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I liked Greenwood. Another decent youngster that Cunningham ruined. Shame.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I’m of the opinion that Wigan coach the skill out of players for their grind. Look at Greenwood and Hardaker, both free-running players at previous clubs but now not so much.

It’s only a couple of seasons ago that our own coach was doing something similar, with players like Peyroux stinking the place out while we tried to copy Wane’s World.....
    Not sure about Hardaker, pal. I just don’t think his hearts in it anymore. His heads gone and i reckon he would be happier back in yorkshire riding a whippet with a ferret in his pocket getting charlie’d under the protection of uncle Gary H

Hardaker has plenty time to prove himself. I just don’t think it will happen this side of the pennines.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

No Gerry you have got that one wrong. Stuart Evans and Gary Stretch where out together, they had been in the Cotham Arms, came out and went in the Chinese opposite. Jonty Pilkington quickly followed them out of the pub and into the chippy and Jonty then put them both on their backsides, bought a chop suey roll and caught the last bus home.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I mentioned a few seasons ago that he doesn't have that aggression to be a top forward, he use to get dominated and can't use his weight. Ashworth was similar but he has improved this season whilst Greenwood has gone backwards.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I mentioned a few seasons ago that he doesn't have that aggression to be a top forward, he use to get dominated and can't use his weight. Ashworth was similar but he has improved this season whilst Greenwood has gone backwards.
    Hmmm, I actually think Ashworth has gone backwards slightly this season although he was good against Wigan. I'd say Joe probably had a bit more talent but as you say, doesn't seem to have the heart. I know I keep mentioning it but I see Ashworth long term as a Second Row and then I think we'll see him rip teams apart. To be honest, once Greenwood signed for them I couldn't care less how he got on.

Learning All The Songs

I think in Greenwoods case it stems from confusion about what his role in the side is, when we had Cunningham as coach one of the few good things he did was he was able to establish our left edge as a threat, with ball constantly coming his way Greenwood at least knew he would be taking it in consistently, i did not watch a game he played in the NRL, but it looks like he doesnt know what to do for the goons.

As for Ashworth i think its a case of him being played out of position, as AD says i think his best position is 2nd row, when there he is more on the outside of play and can get a mismatch and be more effective, i know he has got bigger but he does look a bit lightweight in the middle.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    No Gerry you have got that one wrong. Stuart Evans and Gary Stretch where out together, they had been in the Cotham Arms, came out and went in the Chinese opposite. Jonty Pilkington quickly followed them out of the pub and into the chippy and Jonty then put them both on their backsides, bought a chop suey roll and caught the last bus home.
    Did he give someone his crutches to hold.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Banned

No Greengrass, Jonty did not have crutches he had the glass eye. I know who you mean he got thrown down into an excavation and was on sticks after that, I have forgot his name but he may have been linked to "Jontys" glass eye! allegedly.

Jonty was a fairground and for a short time pro boxer who played prop for Saints just after WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Evans flattened Stretchy didn't he?

Banned

To be honest Ralph it wouldn't shock me Evans was a man mountain, he was in digs at The Sefton initially and they couldn't afford to feed him. If you ever see a video if one exists of a game against Wigan at Central Park when we were losing at half time and the Heavens opened and the pitch turned over and for 40 minutes Evans was unplayable superb even. Sadly he did not apply himself.

We also had Rodger Owen another Welshman who was formidable on and off the field "just not very good" he ended up playing for Burtonwood RU and I propped against him. His first words nothing silly son I wouldn't have dared, he was fine to be honest.

Wasn't that the other way around?
    Absolutely not. Evans did Stretch.

I also thought the venue was The spicy Rat!