Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Greenwood

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Remember being at Naughton Park when Offiah burst on the scene and Offiah went round Ledger on the outside. Ledger just aimed a kick at him and connected.

Me and my mates (early teens probably) cheered without thinking how we were surrounded by Widnes fans, and this old bloke pushed my mate off the wall he was sitting on and all these angry Smellies began acting threatening. We gave it legs back to the main bulk of the Saints fans.
    Ha ha. It could be an intimidating place Naughton park

Barry Ledger was quick and very good, played international but Offiah could make the best look foolish, always preferred him at Widnes

'Give it legs' that takes me back

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Was it Barry 'labatts', after the Lager?
    "Labatt out of hell" was the one I recall tilly.
    Gary Stretch always got a bad press from the streets in our town, I don`t know why. He never did St. Helens down always the other way round, he was a World Light Middleweight Champion often giving his time to various causes. He fought Eubank at Super Middleweight he should never have moved up to that weight. He made the mistake of having nose surgery which meant he could not take a big fight in America, if he won that he would have been a UK boxing hero, he had the lot, male model looks, champion boxer and a could string a sentence together. Tried films later on with his buddy Mickey Rourke so think he has still made a good living.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Remember being at Naughton Park when Offiah burst on the scene and Offiah went round Ledger on the outside. Ledger just aimed a kick at him and connected.

Me and my mates (early teens probably) cheered without thinking how we were surrounded by Widnes fans, and this old bloke pushed my mate off the wall he was sitting on and all these angry Smellies began acting threatening. We gave it legs back to the main bulk of the Saints fans.
    I could of sworn he'd done that at KR. I just remember being in hysterics after he did it.

IIRC he'd been out of the side for a while and was brought back because everyone was shit scared of Offiah. Fairly sure it was the first game he didn't score

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Off to Leeds on loan.

It would appear there's nowhere for him to fit in at Wigan, being a left sided 2nd rower, and that space being occupied by Farrell. Probably takes up too much cap to be sat around or playing reserves too. A bit shit for him really, needs to be playing regularly and find some form

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    Off to Leeds on loan.

It would appear there's nowhere for him to fit in at Wigan, being a left sided 2nd rower, and that space being occupied by Farrell. Probably takes up too much cap to be sat around or playing reserves too. A bit shit for him really, needs to be playing regularly and find some form

Shit for him how? He'll still be taking a wage. Bollocks to him since he left and signed for them, best bit of business Cunningham did.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Shit for him how? He'll still be taking a wage. Bollocks to him since he left and signed for them, best bit of business Cunningham did.
    Well, writing off almost an entire season due to repeated concussions, and then losing your place in the team as a result and being shipped off to another club is a bit shit in my book. Each to their own I suppose

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    Off to Leeds on loan.

He isn't taking up any salary cap at the moment as he hasn't played a 1st team game. I've seen him in two of the reserves games and the Leigh and Leeds friendlies. He just doesn't seem interested and with the likes of Havard, Rushton, McDonald, Kilner etc giving the effort in the reserves it's difficult to see him getting in the side. I think Wigan will want to up their contracts to keep hold of them. I hope it works out well for him at Leeds or wherever but I don't see him having a future at Wigan.

Learning All The Songs

His career has been in a downward spiral since going to the NRL

Got A Season Ticket

I always thought he looked a good player looking at the pack of forwards that Wigan played at Cas couple of weeks ago id have him well before some of them that played

Banned

Joe has never been the same since he slipped on a discarded spreadsheet on the new carpet at Wigan Athletic FC. Not my cup of tea Joe but being kept out by Shirley and the Minger must be rough.

Got A Season Ticket

Default Joe greenwood

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Absolutely not. Evans did Stretch.

I also thought the venue was The spicy Rat!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    His career has been in a downward spiral since going to the NRL
    To be fair to him I thought he went alright back end of 2018 when Wigan first signed him from gold coast. I seem to remember him causing us a bit of bother, although 50% of that was probably attributed to having richardson defending there too. And in 2019, well, we hardly saw him. Another one that seemed to have all the promise/talent when younger but then it just fizzled out

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

He use to run decent lines but when some rough tough play was needed against an opposition pack he was never aggressive enough. Ashworth could go the same way if he doesn't show some urgency to dominate.

I think the problem with him is his game is based on running good lines near the opposition line and not much more. Doesn’t come inside to take a hard carry in, doesn’t have great hands to put a centre away, doesn’t come out the line to whack a half back man and ball, no sidestep, just a bit of a one trick pony

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    HaHa Seems that all the fight memoirs of us all have morphed into one big chippy royal rumble involving half a dozen legends.

Re Burke and Forber

I recall the following tales

Burke - Was pranked by other players at an end of season awards do and lost it . Sinks pulled off walls etc.

Forber - Was suppossed to have lamped another player for "domestic" issues, don't know the other party.

In the papers so factual.
    The famous Ledger,Forber Arky fracas in Cindys.

Ledger adjusted a female's clothing without permission.
    Boyfriend not happy.
    It escalated.
    Arky intervened.
    Forber pinned someone against a wall and quoted from papers
    as saying
    "don't you know who I am, I'm the hardest man is Sthelens"

All a bit tame these days, it's all Nados "for a feed" and Costas.

Noooobie

Haha so tame these days.True story arky ,Forber etc Spain mid eighties ••••ed up Paul round picks up a scooter over his head and threw it into the harbour,different class

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Andypandy65 View Post
    Haha so tame these days.True story arky ,Forber etc Spain mid eighties ••••ed up Paul round picks up a scooter over his head and threw it into the harbour,different class
    Another story I was told about Barry was at the end of season awards was he went up to a players wife and said fancy a dance fatty whereupon said lady punched him

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    HaHa Seems that all the fight memoirs of us all have morphed into one big chippy royal rumble involving half a dozen legends.

Re Burke and Forber

I recall the following tales

Burke - Was pranked by other players at an end of season awards do and lost it . Sinks pulled off walls etc.

Forber - Was suppossed to have lamped another player for "domestic" issues, don't know the other party.

In the papers so factual.
    The famous Ledger,Forber Arky fracas in Cindys.

Ledger adjusted a female's clothing without permission.
    Boyfriend not happy.
    It escalated.
    Arky intervened.
    Forber pinned someone against a wall and quoted from papers
    as saying
    "don't you know who I am, I'm the hardest man is Sthelens"

All a bit tame these days, it's all Nados "for a feed" and Costas.
    The other party was Burke, after Burke hit his wife.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    He isn't taking up any salary cap at the moment as he hasn't played a 1st team game.

Does his contract stipulate that he doesn't get paid if he doesn't play 1st team games?

Really?

Or are you claiming that a player's salary only counts towards the Cap if they play 1st team games? (which is utter bollocks)

Banned

Does his contract stipulate that he doesn't get paid if he doesn't play 1st team games?

Really?

Or are you claiming that a player's salary only counts towards the Cap if they play 1st team games? (which is utter bollocks)
    ••••ing hell, it get better. Someone call him a nurse.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Really?

I've never heard of that ruling either, if he was long term injured before he played a super league game then maybe so. Is this the Goons exercising the dark arts by saying he is no longer a Superleague Player and a Salary Cap exemption is applied, is so can we say Percival is a rubbish player and has injured himself to avoid playing super league games and is therefore exempt.

It is funny how he is now making out that he has always been a Leeds fans and had a Barrie McDermott shirt when he was young.

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2020/02/...wo-month-loan/

What will his story be when he signs for Warrington next?
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

[QUOTE=Noel Cleal;787023
    What will his story be when he signs for Warrington next?[/QUOTE]

Probably that he always wanted to try his hand at rugby union and has long fancied Stockton Heath!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

he will be fitted for the wolfie costume.
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    He isn't taking up any salary cap at the moment as he hasn't played a 1st team game. I've seen him in two of the reserves games and the Leigh and Leeds friendlies. He just doesn't seem interested and with the likes of Havard, Rushton, McDonald, Kilner etc giving the effort in the reserves it's difficult to see him getting in the side. I think Wigan will want to up their contracts to keep hold of them. I hope it works out well for him at Leeds or wherever but I don't see him having a future at Wigan.
    He's a first team player so he counts on the cap.