Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phil Clarke the gift that keeps giving

Learning All The Songs

Default Phil Clarke the gift that keeps giving

Cas v Wakey second half 15-14 to Wakey.... Cas score a try and Phil ‘pundit’ Clark says “ that brings Castleford back into the game” FFS They were one point behind with ~35 minutes left. Phil go go now.

Banned

Has slavver is going to be unbearable tomorrow. It made me laugh this commentator spoke over daft Baz.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Cas v Wakey second half 15-14 to Wakey.... Cas score a try and Phil ‘pundit’ Clark says “ that brings Castleford back into the game” FFS They were one point behind with ~35 minutes left. Phil go go now.
    He like the rest of the commentators are utterly crap, the worst for me is Bill Arthur, hes meant to be the lead commentator but is incapable of getting players names right, such as calling getting Zeb Taia mixed with Ukuma Taia from Huddersfield the entire grand final, so much so that it was called out by another commentator.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Has slavver is going to be unbearable tomorrow. It made me laugh this commentator spoke over daft Baz.
    This guy ( Ben Proe ?) is better than Bill Arthur, at least he just comments on what's happening rather than giving his opinions on what players/teams should be doing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    This guy ( Ben Proe ?) is better than Bill Arthur, at least he just comments on what's happening rather than giving his opinions on what players/teams should be doing.
    I didn't catch his name as I was getting changed but I don't think it was him. Bill Arthur is a ••••ing idiot, no point dancing around it. I've forgot more than he knows.

It was Ben Proe. Most of the time he commentated on Catalans home games last year and he seems to have improved but maybe that’s just because we’ve got so used to the crap said by Bill Arthur including numerous mistaken player identities.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    It was Ben Proe. Most of the time he commentated on Catalans home games last year and he seems to have improved but maybe that’s just because we’ve got so used to the crap said by Bill Arthur including numerous mistaken player identities.
    I agree. He (Ben Proe) reminds me of a soccer commentator. Just names the players. Maybe a staccato type style but still bearable. He just needs decent summarisers.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_down_under View Post
    I agree. He (Ben Proe) reminds me of a soccer commentator. Just names the players. Maybe a staccato type style but still bearable. He just needs decent summarisers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I think you are both correct. It does not take much to be better than the crap sky normally serve up, and one or two decent summarisers would make a world of difference.

Banned

I think you are both correct. It does not take much to be better than the crap sky normally serve up, and one or two decent summarisers would make a world of difference.
    Who would you like to see do the job? We don't have too many eloquent speakers with a good knowledge of the game.

Got A Replica Shirt

Jonathan Davies is just about the only decent decent summariser that springs to mind.

As for commentators, I wonder whether Ray French and Alan Rooney might be persuaded to come out of retirement for the right sort of offer?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beats1manbeats2man View Post
    Jonathan Davies is just about the only decent decent summariser that springs to mind.

As for commentators, I wonder whether Ray French and Alan Rooney might be persuaded to come out of retirement for the right sort of offer?

Banned

SKY also employMartin Tyler who rambles about all sorts of crap. I just wish SKY would reinvent RL coverage and you may not like this but get a Aussie commentator to work with Jenna Brooke's as summerisor. I would now clear every single one of them it's a clique and you need to clear a clique to start a fresh. Tony Rea I would have as studio anchor.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    SKY also employMartin Tyler who rambles about all sorts of crap. I just wish SKY would reinvent RL coverage and you may not like this but get a Aussie commentator to work with Jenna Brooke's as summerisor. I would now clear every single one of them it's a clique and you need to clear a clique to start a fresh. Tony Rea I would have as studio anchor.
    Good call, Tyler is an old bore these days. I like Tony Rea though, Him, Carney, Jenna and AN Other and Wells doing his little bit would be OK.

Starting A Programme Collection

Wigan appreciation society. They are all bloody crap. Why can’t sky see what a bunch of losers they are.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mr chips View Post
    Wigan appreciation society. They are all bloody crap. Why can’t sky see what a bunch of losers they are.
    My guess would be that it's all done on the cheap as they don't really give a toss.

Learning All The Songs

Clarke said that one decision in the game was made by the supporters when he meant touch judge! That would be fun if supporters could make decisions! Ha ha!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Glad you mentioned Tony Rea. Was going to post the same myself. Can’t believe he isn’t doing the job already, made for it.

Who would you like to see do the job? We don't have too many eloquent speakers with a good knowledge of the game.
    I don't really know who should be doing it. I haven't heard anyone over here that I particularly like. A lack of talent is the problem,. Re summarisers I think Wilkin is head and shoulders above the rest, and a bit more current than Mutt and Jeff.

Banned

He's dressed like a cross between Hugh Hefner and Captain Birdseye.

Got A Season Ticket

He's dressed like a cross between Hugh Hefner and Captain Birdseye.
    He is hiding his love bites.......

Got A Season Ticket

Is it my imagination but did Bill Arthur seemed totally overjoyed by the Roosters score. Even losing his voice for a second or two. Keeps banging on about Saints losses in the WCC but not mentioned the wins or even the fact that Saints were the first to play in the SCC in 1976.

Commentary spoiling a great game.

Banned

Commentary spoiling a great game.
    It is. Constantly sucking up to the Aussies, playing us down and not calling it as it is. Also Kendal is having an awful game and not one word from those clowns.

Got A Season Ticket

Why didn't they show the replays of that last try that would have showed a clear forward pass.