Hattons Solicitors Banner
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Newcastle Magic 2020

  1. #1
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,275
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Newcastle Magic 2020

    That is the latest on Twitter.

  2. #2
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    That is the latest on Twitter.
    https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/repor...wcastle-22899/

  3. #3
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    castleford
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    sorry never saw this

  4. #4
    Learning All The Songs Jackbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    2,141
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Newcastle 2020 confirmed

    https://www.superleague.co.uk/news

  5. #5
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Cottage booked for a weeks holiday in the North East

  6. #6
    In The South Stand Sean Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,100
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    That is the latest on Twitter.
    Thanks for the heads up. Booked hotel last week and saved a few quid

  7. #7
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,424
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Booked hotel last week and saved a few quid
    I’ve just sorted ours too. I don’t think the hotel have cottoned on yet, I got it almost half the price that I paid in 2017 and it’s an ideal place too.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,151
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    My mates in Gosforth will be having the joy of me for a few more nights again next year.

    If we are to have Magic Weekend this is the place to have it. Only Cardiff compares in terms of a compact big city with a stadium in the middle of town. Newcastle is ideal for a concept like Magic Weekend and should never have lost it last year.

  9. #9
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Rainford
    Posts
    2,175
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Any advice on hotels near the stadium, its years since I've stayed in Newcastle, I want something decent

  10. #10
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,488
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Very odd the reaction to this. I think I've probably seen more people support this decision on Twitter than have attended all the Newcastle Magic weekends altogether. It seems very popular, I might have to go myself, depending on the fixtures. No point going for terrible games like this years Magic.

  11. #11
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    I am in a minority I know but I enjoyed Anfield. Good seat in the main stand with Helen Skelton sat next to me for the Leeds game. Very quick easy service from the well staffed bars. Twenty minutes away by train. I must caveat this by saying the upper Anfield Road for the test match held there was not the best experience.

  12. #12
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,275
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Just run through some hotel prices for magic weekend, 2 nights 480 and upwards, rip off.

  13. #13
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,151
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Any advice on hotels near the stadium, its years since I've stayed in Newcastle, I want something decent
    You don't necessarily need to be near the stadium as it's in the middle of town and near to several Metro stations and Newcastle rail station so you can look a little further afield and still be back in town in 30 minutes. Morpeth is a great little town only 30 minutes away on the train, and places like Cullercoats, Tynemouth etc on the coast are on the Metro straight into the city centre. A city centre hotel is easiest, but if they are all really pricey you can still find good spots out in the surrounding areas.

  14. #14
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Laffak
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Just booked in South Shields: half the price, sea-side and 30 mins on metro

  15. #15
    In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,676
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stroger View Post
    Just booked in South Shields: half the price, sea-side and 30 mins on metro
    Hartlepool for us, same as last time in Newcastle. 2 nights 62 and the pleasure of seeing the locals playing the spoons and banjo's.....unmissable!
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

  16. #16
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    954
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Hartlepool for us, same as last time in Newcastle. 2 nights 62 and the pleasure of seeing the locals playing the spoons and banjo's.....unmissable!
    It's about an hours drive from Newcastle. And it's an absolute tip. I once seen a man with no shoes on get arrested for stealing 2 potatoes in the Asda.

  17. #17
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,797
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    It's about an hours drive from Newcastle. And it's an absolute tip. I once seen a man with no shoes on get arrested for stealing 2 potatoes in the Asda.
    Were they big ones? Maybe he was planning to hollow them out and wear them on his feet.

  18. #18
    Learning All The Songs KentishBarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,625
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Hartlepool for us, same as last time in Newcastle. 2 nights 62 and the pleasure of seeing the locals playing the spoons and banjo's.....unmissable!
    Monkey Hangers eh?
    I'm not sure what our lot are doing yet. I might just rock up there!
    We stayed in S.Shields last year and Durham before that. Both fine and not too far away.

  19. #19
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    954
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Were they big ones? Maybe he was planning to hollow them out and wear them on his feet.
    Every chance I'd say.

    Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Monkey Hangers eh?
    I'm not sure what our lot are doing yet. I might just rock up there!
    We stayed in S.Shields last year and Durham before that. Both fine and not too far away.
    Durham is a nice spot.

  20. #20
    Learning All The Songs KentishBarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,625
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Durham is a nice spot.
    Cracking 'pub' by the station if anyone is staying there...https://www.stationhousedurham.co.uk/

  21. #21
    In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,676
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    It's about an hours drive from Newcastle. And it's an absolute tip. I once seen a man with no shoes on get arrested for stealing 2 potatoes in the Asda.
    Give over it's not that bad! LOL
    Home of Andy Capp, excellent RN Museum.....and not much else!
    We had an absolute riot though when we stayed there a couple of years ago
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

  22. #22
    In The South Stand Sean Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,100
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Agree that Durham is a good shout. Stayed there a few years ago, easy on the train, lovely place and a decent night out

  23. #23
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    We stayed in Berwick upon Tweed last time it was very good. Express train about 35 minutes if I remember right.

  24. #24
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Rainford
    Posts
    2,175
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    You don't necessarily need to be near the stadium as it's in the middle of town and near to several Metro stations and Newcastle rail station so you can look a little further afield and still be back in town in 30 minutes. Morpeth is a great little town only 30 minutes away on the train, and places like Cullercoats, Tynemouth etc on the coast are on the Metro straight into the city centre. A city centre hotel is easiest, but if they are all really pricey you can still find good spots out in the surrounding areas.
    Cheers Gray

    I've stayed around Newcastle several times in different places, just don't know the network well. I liked Durham so of it's an easy journey in I may look at that

  25. #25
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    954
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Give over it's not that bad! LOL
    Home of Andy Capp, excellent RN Museum.....and not much else!
    We had an absolute riot though when we stayed there a couple of years ago
    Fair play. I worked up there for some time on the Heerema Yard AKA the maggot farm. Used to stay in a place called Eaglescliffe just outside of Yarm, that was a nice but even further away. I know some good poolie lads and they're generally a friendly bunch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •