Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lomax's Injury

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Default Lomax's Injury

Not looked through all the threads so don't know if it's already been posted but what does everyone think? It looked bad, is it just a badly brushed cheek or is it a fractured cheek bone? If it's the latter will he play at OT?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Not looked through all the threads so don't know if it's already been posted but what does everyone think? It looked bad, is it just a badly brushed cheek or is it a fractured cheek bone? If it's the latter will he play at OT?
    X-ray today or tomorrow I would've thought.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    I didn’t think it looked too bad so he’s probably out for 6 months.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    X-ray today or tomorrow I would've thought.
    I hope he is ok. I have no idea about how long it takes for that type of injury to repair itself. Given all the injuries he has had he’s proved that he is hard as nails

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

I only saw it clearly when I watched him doing his post match video, looked pretty bad.

He played most of the match so he maybe able to manage the GF. He missed 2014 through injury

PS was it last yeard Semi final he had the compound finger dislocation ?

Learning All The Songs

In his interview he struggled to speak at one point and said it was because he’d had an injection. I would assume it was an anti inflammatory and something to numb any pain! He will have a scan but it would take a massive injury to keep Jonny out of the GF. A bang on the cheekbone always swells up like that and in a couple of days he’ll have a large bruise. If it’s a depressed fracture he could and would still play possibly with a partial cover to match his head guard!!

In The South Stand

I think if it was anything structural they would have taken him off at half time. The game was done then and he didn't go off.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I think if it was anything structural they would have taken him off at half time. The game was done then and he didn't go off.
    Agree. He wouldn’t have been risked!

Got A Replica Shirt

Shades of Micky Mac before the 2014 Grand Final

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    In his interview he struggled to speak at one point and said it was because he’d had an injection. I would assume it was an anti inflammatory and something to numb any pain! He will have a scan but it would take a massive injury to keep Jonny out of the GF. A bang on the cheekbone always swells up like that and in a couple of days he’ll have a large bruise. If it’s a depressed fracture he could and would still play possibly with a partial cover to match his head guard!!
    I'm not so sure you know. I've bashed my cheekbone playing football. The pain was pretty bad. However, it wasn't broken & the bruise/swelling was minimal. When it looks like Lomax's, I fear that it's a break

I’m far from a medical expert but I would guess they couldn’t assess whether there was any break or not there and then with all the swelling and it would be Lomax’s call really

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Johnny last night proved once again what we've known since rugby was invented, that you need to tough as old boots to play it
    He's a supremely brave lad. Not nasty hard, just a very, very hard bloke.

He's like Roby. Refuses to let pain beat him. It's more than tough, it's a rock solid mental attitude. Like Brett Dallas when he played. No thought for his own safety & as brave & as tough as they come

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I’m far from a medical expert but I would guess they couldn’t assess whether there was any break or not there and then with all the swelling and it would be Lomax’s call really
    Good shout that. Didn't look too good to me but it was a tremendous performance last night

Starting A Programme Collection

How did the injury occur , was it a clash of heads are what .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    How did the injury occur , was it a clash of heads are what .
    Aye, I think so. As people have said, surely if it was even suspected to be broken he would've come off at half time.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    I only saw it clearly when I watched him doing his post match video, looked pretty bad.

He played most of the match so he maybe able to manage the GF. He missed 2014 through injury

PS was it last yeard Semi final he had the compound finger dislocation ?
    It was mate. Changed the game too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

When you see the dressing room celebration chanting (twitter) led by LMS he is in the bottom right of the video alongside Holbrook, Jonny is singing his head off and didn't look too distressed. I assume a cheek fracture is play on but a jaw fracture is different.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    When you see the dressing room celebration chanting (twitter) led by LMS he is in the bottom right of the video alongside Holbrook, Jonny is singing his head off and didn't look too distressed. I assume a cheek fracture is play on but a jaw fracture is different.
    I don't care what it is, he plays anyway. I'm sure he'd be okay with it too. He could have a phantom of the opera mask with a red vee on it, that way he'd look even cooler and we could launch a lucrative merchandising range if we win.

It says that he will be fine on the St Helens Star website. Swelling gone down already

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    It says that he will be fine on the St Helens Star website. Swelling gone down already
    Here is the link. Great news for us and him.
    https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...e-grand-final/

Given that Lomax played on and clearly didn’t hold back in any contact, I’ve assumed that he’ll play at Old Trafford whatever the diagnosis. As far as the press report is concerned, it may be 100% truthful but I wouldn’t expect Saints to release anything but that and certainly they wouldn’t be saying “it’s a bad knock, he’ll play anyway but any impact to his cheek could be the end for him”. In that case, I can imagine Clubb would be practising his late challenges with elbow contact to the face all next week if they get past Salford.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I don't care what it is, he plays anyway. I'm sure he'd be okay with it too. He could have a phantom of the opera mask with a red vee on it, that way he'd look even cooler and we could launch a lucrative merchandising range if we win.
    If any rugby player starts playing with a pansy football style face mask that will be it for me . The lad will be reet!

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    It didn't really seem to be all that bothered about it when playing, it could have been a lot worse any lower a fractured jaw any higher a fractured eye socket. He's already got a metal plate in his skull so I don't think he wants to be any more bionic.

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Hill certainly won’t be needing it this weekend or next hahahaha
    Is Hill the only front rower in super league to wear a skull cap, does this mean he isn't tough enough to go head to head with the other top props and that's why he always going down ready for a H.I.A. Either that or he doesn't want to confuse people that he could be Uncle Festers love child.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar