Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 91 of 91

Thread: We need to stay grounded

  1. #76
    Got A Season Ticket antwnsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    At my desk
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Yikes

    'Just hope Salford don't run out in a Leeds kit. We really are doomed then'

    Or the ref.
    Last edited by antwnsaint; 9th October 2019 at 14:29. Reason: Clarification

  2. #77
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blatherings on WA12RL radio.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service
    Posts
    8,102
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    If we keep our composure we will be fine.
    Learned comment from The Don

  3. #78
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    256
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    If we keep our composure we will be fine.
    This 100%

  4. #79
    Learning All The Songs barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashton in Makerfield
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Game too far for Salford. Saints 42 Salford 10

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  5. #80
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,546
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Game too far for Salford. Saints 42 Salford 10

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    F***in hell Baz thats bold! Lol.
    I said today. I wouldn’t be surprised if Salford run us really close. Equally i wouldn’t be surprised if we’re winning 30-0 at half time. This game could dish up anything.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  6. #81
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Rainford
    Posts
    2,175
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    F***in hell Baz thats bold! Lol.
    I said today. I wouldn’t be surprised if Salford run us really close. Equally i wouldn’t be surprised if we’re winning 30-0 at half time. This game could dish up anything.
    Yeh we could blow them out the water in the first half, but then again they've had a good luck at us and seen our A game so plenty chance to work on something, would be a big upset for them to run us close or dare I say it win!

  7. #82
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,888
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Game too far for Salford. Saints 42 Salford 10

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Not a chance mate
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  8. #83
    Learning All The Songs barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashton in Makerfield
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Not a chance mate
    It was a little tounge in cheek but why not?

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  9. #84
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,559
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Salford will be loving being underdogs again I wouldn't be surprised if they are using it as motivation.

  10. #85
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    10,771
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    We are in a no win situation here.

    Win and we were massive favourites playing minnows and lose we are huge bottlers succumbing to the underdog.

    Personally I'm sick of the bandwagon that's been growing all week and I hope we absolutely smash them

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  11. #86
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    I did tip Salford to fill their end at Wigan and was not shocked by the result. They will have every man and his dog shouting for them on Saturday. That might work for us. Wane was a master at it! Everyone hates us lads. I think if we start well and that means stay composed and do what we can do Salford will find it hard without penalties to get out of their own 25. Best case scenario we are a minimum two scores ahead at half time.

    Lets not forget we destroyed Wigan at Langtree and that game could have been any score 38-10 was a moral victory for the pies. We need to stick with it support wise no matter what, we cant afford to go quiet as fans.

  12. #87
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,888
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    It was a little tounge in cheek but why not?

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Ha ha. Well fair enough
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  13. #88
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,888
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I did tip Salford to fill their end at Wigan and was not shocked by the result. They will have every man and his dog shouting for them on Saturday. That might work for us. Wane was a master at it! Everyone hates us lads. I think if we start well and that means stay composed and do what we can do Salford will find it hard without penalties to get out of their own 25. Best case scenario we are a minimum two scores ahead at half time.

    Lets not forget we destroyed Wigan at Langtree and that game could have been any score 38-10 was a moral victory for the pies. We need to stick with it support wise no matter what, we cant afford to go quiet as fans.
    Have they taken 2 points off our final score mate?
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  14. #89
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,888
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    We are in a no win situation here.

    Win and we were massive favourites playing minnows and lose we are huge bottlers succumbing to the underdog.

    Personally I'm sick of the bandwagon that's been growing all week and I hope we absolutely smash them

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I feel exactly the same to be honest
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  15. #90
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Have they taken 2 points off our final score mate?
    Dont blame me Ralph blame that fella Hicks he felt 40 was too harsh and if he had been reffing he would have abandoned the game due to the bomb threat that emptied the Wigan end on 67 minutes.

  16. #91
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,888
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Dont blame me Ralph blame that fella Hicks he felt 40 was too harsh and if he had been reffing he would have abandoned the game due to the bomb threat that emptied the Wigan end on 67 minutes.
    Ha ha ha ha.

    I wonder where they all went? It certainly wasn't to the DW the week after
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •