Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We need to stay grounded

Will be Salfords 4th playoff game on the trott and only our second so it will be interesting how that plays out. Will also be wet on Saturday as usual. I think Salford were brilliant on Friday but will have to be better than that if we turn up like we should do. If I was a neutral i'd suggest it was a game to far for them. However we still need to get this big game moniker off our back.

Perform anywhere near our best and we will win comfortably. Anything less and you never know.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Precisely. They'll be far from overawed. They'll also have a very vocal support there.

I won't be underestimating them after watching them put the cleaners through Wigan
    Ralph, can you tip Salford for this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Ralph, can you tip Salford for this week?
    No problem Belgian.

Salford to win

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    No problem Belgian.

Salford to win

Hope you keep to form with your tipping
    Last edited by Belgian Saint; 7th October 2019 at 07:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Hope you keep to form with your tipping
    I understand completely.

I wasn't too far off in terms of scoreline. Just the wrong way round...

Case for the defence your honour

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    I think we got our fingers burned at Wembley. Won't happen again, Saints to win comfortably.
    I think the team will have learned from Wembley, but I don’t think it’ll be a comfortable game.
    I think it’ll be a real close game. Personally I’m nervous as anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

50-50 now this. Whats happened before is irrelevant.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Houghwood Saint View Post
    Spot On!

Noooobie

One off game anything can happen, all we can do is roar the boys on and make that Stretford end loud as ****!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are there completely on merit, so the fact that they are Salford and don’t perhaps have the pedigree of other names in the league over the years is largely irrelevant

Just hope Salford don't run out in a Leeds kit. We really are doomed then

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Houghwood Saint View Post
    It’s not 50-50 at all. Salford have had a great season but we finished 18 points above them and are a far better side. Not to mention this will be their 4th playoff game in a row. The first 10 minutes will decide how the game goes, we score first then I think we’ll win comfortably. If we don’t then it could be a long evening with the game decided in the last 10 minutes.

Starting A Programme Collection

Anyone's guess how the game will pan out in a winner takes all one off match up. All I hope for is that we have a good game plan, put in our best possible performance, with lots of effort and skill... be confident, keep composed and don't go away wondering! I'll be happy with that. I'll be ecstatic if that also means we win the grand final and become SL champions. It would be a fitting way to end an amazing campaign this season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

The way the social media are going great guns promoting Salford come Saturday we will become the underdogs.

Wet and breezy can be a leveller . If Salford was to get a few early points it will be a test to see if we are able to keep our heads and stick to our plan . Losing at Wembley will give us both motivation and experience of how not to do things when things are not going your way. All things being equal we will win but finals are rarely straight forward especially when saints are involved. I don’t envisage this game being easy at all . Salford have heart and team spirit which counts for a lot , i see this a close encounter certainly for 60 mins or so

Learning All The Songs

Old Trafford like Wembley is geared to football. Wet conditions and short grass is conductive to a kicking game. /we did see it at Wembley where we where forced back time and again. We have seen it at Old Trafford re Sinfield kicking keeping us penned in. What strategy would you adopt to limit Salfords opportunities to keep turning us round and stop making us run from too deep positions

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    Old Trafford like Wembley is geared to football. Wet conditions and short grass is conductive to a kicking game. /we did see it at Wembley where we where forced back time and again. We have seen it at Old Trafford re Sinfield kicking keeping us penned in. What strategy would you adopt to limit Salfords opportunities to keep turning us round and stop making us run from too deep positions
    Our kicking game against Wigan in the play off semi was excellent I thought.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    The way the social media are going great guns promoting Salford come Saturday we will become the underdogs.
    You're quite right, it's been a blessing really Salford getting there, all the media talk before Wembley was how good we were, very little about us this week

I'm not so sure that their long kicking game is as good as their short. Keep the metres minimal & a few might go straight down Coote's throat.

The in-goal areas are quite short so short kicking had to be near perfect on there. Ball just skids off

Learning All The Songs

Treat them as we used to do the Bulls in big games; kick early, turn them around and tire them out first.

In The South Stand

The closer it gets the more nervous I feel about it. I've not slept in a couple of days either. Reassure me people, reassure me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    The closer it gets the more nervous I feel about it. I've not slept in a couple of days either. Reassure me people, reassure me.
    There, there mate, you're a big jessie.

Learning All The Songs

I don’t think we should have much of a problem beating them if we can cut the silly errors. The most infuriating error is a player knocking on at the PTB, because their in such a bloody rush to get it played. If we can cut them out then i think we’ll win by 16.

A few nerves but mostly excited. We are worthy champions and the team just need to keep their composure. Lets make the CC final the making of us. Saints by 8. (20 - 12)

Ffs- reading your posts gives me narcolepsy !