Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saints Pack Domination Coming into Form

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Default Saints Pack Domination Coming into Form

What impression me last night was how all our forwards shared the workload and ran very direct with purpose, we also seemed to be lining out with less of a flat attack and our forwards were taking the ball in at speed.

Our first choice front row was outstanding making 344 metres from the 3 of them whilst the Goons first choice front row gassed fairly quickly 63 metres, the whole goon pack made only 213 metres our one player Makinson the wing forward made more than that with 224 metres. Clubb the dominator was good made 2 carries for 11 metres and Powell must have been sick of the sight of seeing Walmsley and Thommo flatten and trample all over him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Thompson made more metres than Isa, clubb, Byrne, partington, o loughlin, Powell and flower combined

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

And he only played 50 minutes...

I thought Holbrook also timed his subs perfectly. When Amor came on for Thompson he was really going for it, definitely trying to make sure he is in the squad for the GF.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post

I thought Holbrook also timed his subs perfectly. When Amor came on for Thompson he was really going for it, definitely trying to make sure he is in the squad for the GF.
    No wonder Amor had a go living at the top of billinge , almost over the hill , he had a great game .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Thompson made more metres than Isa, clubb, Byrne, partington, o loughlin, Powell and flower combined
    I genuinely can't recall Clubb taking the ball up!
    As good as Saints pack was last night the wigan forwards were truly dreadful.
    A few of their players seriously let their mates down with a reluctance to do hard yards

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

They'll have to go better against Salford or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    A few of their players seriously let their mates down with a reluctance to do hard yards

He certainly went missing for 10 minutes after he did Coote, putting his hand up pretending to want the ball

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    My new Sig.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    He certainly went missing for 10 minutes after he did Coote, putting his hand up pretending to want the ball
    I saw him that little after that i thought he had been subbed off.

Shirley and Clubb are too fat, make it a high tempo first 15 mins and they are gassed. Clubb did quite a lot of 3rd man in flops to make it look as though he was working hard.

Banned

I tried to watch for him, wanting our forwards to smash him - but the coward hid, seeming to know where the ball was going and drifting to the other side, or staying almost directly behind the ptb out of the way. Hid in defence, too. He took one carry after the incident, but it was a second phase and he trundles it before going down easier than a Bill Clinton intern.

The soft, fat get.

Got A Season Ticket Duke Eddington's Avatar

I'm surprised nobody has noticed Clubb twisting Percivals foot/ankle in the 13th minute. He should be in trouble for that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post

the fat useless lump spent most of the night limping back into the line.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I tried to watch for him, wanting our forwards to smash him - but the coward hid, seeming to know where the ball was going and drifting to the other side, or staying almost directly behind the ptb out of the way. Hid in defence, too. He took one carry after the incident, but it was a second phase and he trundles it before going down easier than a Bill Clinton intern.

The soft, fat get.
    Did you notice Partington I think it was actually step out of a tackle as Thommo was battering in? I was right behind it, he still made the tackle but clearly didn't fancy it much.

I read somewhere that Clubb made two (TWO) drives for a total of 11 metres last night

I read somewhere that Clubb made two (TWO) drives for a total of 11 metres last night
    His first drive if people missed it was the first 10 seconds of the match for about 6 metres, the other one could have been when he fell with forward momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Eddington View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has noticed Clubb twisting Percivals foot/ankle in the 13th minute. He should be in trouble for that.
    I noticed it, Percy had a word but I don't think Clubb added any unecessary pressure to the ankle just wouldn't let go when Percy tried to get his foot free.

Banned

I'd just like to say, having been quite critical of him, Ashworth was good last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'd just like to say, having been quite critical of him, Ashworth was good last night.
    Agree.

The thing I notice is that he and LMS seem to have switched roles. LMS comes on as a prop ,
    Ashworth later as LF but didn't line up as a pivot.

Therefore he doesn't take as many drives. The carries he took were very effective.

Not sure what that's all about.

Good he had a better game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Agree.

The thing I notice is that he and LMS seem to have switched roles. LMS comes on as a prop ,
    Ashworth later as LF but didn't line up as a pivot.

Therefore he doesn't take as many drives. The carries he took were very effective.

Not sure what that's all about.

Good he had a better game.
    Excellent spot, I have to say I didn't notice that but whatever the change it clearly worked. I still think he's a second row in a props body at the moment but really tore in to them when he came on and it was good to see because the potential is clearly there.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 28th September 2019 at 22:04. Reason: Rubber Duckie wearing trainers to a wedding.

Yep - he put in a good shift. Probably guaranteed himself a spot in the grand final line up.

Got A Replica Shirt

Mat be wrong. But did we only make one change in the first 40? With our fitter pack, another week off, we have to confident that this time in 2 weeks we will be champions and I will be texting wire fans everywhere

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WeaverhamSaint View Post
    Mat be wrong. But did we only make one change in the first 40? With our fitter pack, another week off, we have to confident that this time in 2 weeks we will be champions and I will be texting wire fans everywhere
    Yes Ashworh fior Walmsley after abut 23 mins

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WeaverhamSaint View Post
    Opps sorry it was LMS for Walmsley

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

A couple of times the way he ran in I initially thought it was Thompson. Ashworth seemed to be making an attempt to break through or at least win the tackle every time he took it in.