Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Final tickets

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    4,839 as of 10.40 this morning. So from 6 PM on Sunday to 10.40 AM on Monday the RFL have sold another 449 tickets.
    4,207 available as of 9.10pm on the RFL site. That's another 632 tickets today. All on the clubs now I guess. I've not seen much in the way of updates from Saints as to how many we're likely to take or how many tickets they still have available. I've not seen any news about how big an allocation both clubs got either. I hope we can get around the same crowd as last season or better, but if not, we can just blame Salford.

Starting A Programme Collection RedSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    That would be disappointing if it was so low. I was thinking at least 65-70.

I am thinking it will be a novelty for Salford getting to the final and with the close proximity to the ground I think they could bring a lot
    There won't be that many. They're not even opening Tier 3 of the North Stand. And there are plenty of tickets left in Tier 2 behind the sticks at both ends

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Still plenty of seats in the quadrants
    Yes, that's the problem: too many seats.

I haven't been to a Grand Final in over ten years. I refuse to pay good money to sit in a space designed for a midget.

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    Yes, that's the problem: too many seats.

I haven't been to a Grand Final in over ten years. I refuse to pay good money to sit in a space designed for a midget.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Is that stand usually open? Not a good sign if it is.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Yes.

So the Challenge Cup final, the Grand Final, most of the play off games & the Challenge Cup semi final double header (with the women's final on beforehand) haven't come close to selling out.

It really is concerning. The public just aren't turning up to watch this sport
    Last edited by Ralph Fridge; 7th October 2019 at 22:53. Reason: SPG

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Yes.

So the Challenge Cup final, the Grand Final, most of the play off games & the Challenge Cup semi final double header (with the women's final on beforehand) haven't come close to selling out.

I'm not sure that's a problem specific to rugby league in this country. Champions League football, Carabao Cup and even Premier League games are struggling to sell out currently. I think we're moving into an age where people can see through the high ticket prices when it's on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I'm not sure that's a problem specific to rugby league in this country. Champions League football, Carabao Cup and even Premier League games are struggling to sell out currently. I think we're moving into an age where people can see through the high ticket prices when it's on TV.
    Possibly yes. But most of the sport is on Sky/BT & they aren't exactly cheap

Upside
    Non Members

Yes.

The average attendance is up on pre super league so I think people do want to watch the sport

We have an issue with the big games, I think here's a few issues

Loop fixtures over familiarise
    Numerous RL days out such as magic
    Attraction of the cup is less such as FA cup

For me, go to 14 teams without loop fixtures

Do better deals for play off games
    Consider top 4 play off
    Accept 60k isn't a bad attendance at Wembley and let the 60k enjoy their experience

Got A Season Ticket

Has our move from Knowsley Road really increased our attendances? there is a problem with our game, we can blame Thursday's, very few Sunday games, but now we are so reliable on Sky money if that should ever go? no other broadcaster would pay what they do.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Has our move from Knowsley Road really increased our attendances? there is a problem with our game, we can blame Thursday's, very few Sunday games, but now we are so reliable on Sky money if that should ever go? no other broadcaster would pay what they do.

We are up from around 9k to 11.5k since moving I believe
    RL is up aroun 3-4K average since SL began from memory

Others may find the actual data so I stand to be corrected

Yes Thursday games are not good for actual attendances but Sky want it so if we want their money it's something we have to do

Noooobie

Capacity 76,000

4,138 left on sale on super league site
    3,500 not on sale alex ferguson top tier

Is not at 68,000 sold already approx?

total - 4,138

above is block by block whats left everything else soldout, when you highlight each block it tells you how many left, i did it yesyerday and about 900 was sold

Quote Originally Posted by benward View Post
    Capacity 76,000

4,138 left on sale on super league site

Is not at 68,000 sold already approx?

total - 4,138

above is block by block whats left everything else soldout, when you highlight each block it tells you how many left, i did it yesyerday and about 900 was sold
    You can take 2500 off for the screen, plus I'm sure they are doing something with the disabled section. I think the capacity is just below 73k at the moment?

Learning All The Songs

Possibly yes. But most of the sport is on Sky/BT & they aren't exactly cheap
    Yes, but you do not pay per sport watched on Sky/BT its a fixed fee for them all, so cheaper if you want to watch multiple sports than going. With us playing pretty consistently on sky this year it makes it easier for people to stay at home and watch it, not something i would prefer to do, but early season (we started in January this year) what would you rather do, sit in the cold and shiver, or watch somewhere warm? Rugby League move to be a summer sport, yet we are starting earlier each year, how does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Yes, but you do not pay per sport watched on Sky/BT its a fixed fee for them all, so cheaper if you want to watch multiple sports than going. With us playing pretty consistently on sky this year it makes it easier for people to stay at home and watch it, not something i would prefer to do, but early season (we started in January this year) what would you rather do, sit in the cold and shiver, or watch somewhere warm? Rugby League move to be a summer sport, yet we are starting earlier each year, how does that work?
    Got a point there mate. Can't argue

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    The average attendance is up on pre super league so I think people do want to watch the sport

We have an issue with the big games, I think here's a few issues

Loop fixtures over familiarise
    Numerous RL days out such as magic
    Attraction of the cup is less such as FA cup

For me, go to 14 teams without loop fixtures

Do better deals for play off games
    Consider top 4 play off
    Accept 60k isn't a bad attendance at Wembley and let the 60k enjoy their experience
    Yeah all good and fair points.
    It probably is regards Wembley. It's just too big. Cardiff would be a much better option.

I prefer the top 5 but it can mean you forking out for more games in terms of the play off structure

Learning All The Songs

Yeah all good and fair points.
    It probably is regards Wembley. It's just too big. Cardiff would be a much better option.

I prefer the top 5 but it can mean you forking out for more games in terms of the play off structure
    Agree completely, if you move the Challenge Cup final a bit earlier in the year you could actually have it at places like the Etihad, Villa Park, the Olympic Stadium as well, im not saying we should move it, but they are options they could take given filling Wembley is unlikely, also offers a bit of variety as well.as for the playoffs i quite like the format this year, it rewards the league leaders well enough and the teams that finish 2nd and 3rd with 2nd chances.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    We are up from around 9k to 11.5k since moving I believe
    As I've stated on another thread,

Last 3 years at KR
    2008 - 10,099
    2009 - 10,972
    2010 - 10,744

So, our average now is about 800 over what it was in the last couple of seasons at KR. The club is obviously taking in alot more money from the new stadium, but crowds aren't that much higher than at KR after the initial spike when we moved in 2012 when we getting 13,000+ quite a lot in the first half of that season.

I think our choice of coaches really harmed us. Simmons then Cunningham were the worst coaches in terms of style for attracting lost fans and new fans to our new ground. Imagine if we'd have Holbrook or Millward in 2012, we'd have kept alot of those new or lapsed fans, but instead they walked away because the product on the field was garbage. A huge missed opportunity for us.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

I think when the New Wembley opened the Rugby League tied us in to a deal for a certain amount of time. Not sure what it was but 25 years comes to mind. If that is the case, unlikely to move anywhere else soon.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post

Last 3 years at KR
    2008 - 10,099
    2009 - 10,972
    2010 - 10,744

So, our average now is about 800 over what it was in the last couple of seasons at KR. The club is obviously taking in alot more money from the new stadium, but crowds aren't that much higher than at KR after the initial spike when we moved in 2012 when we getting 13,000+ quite a lot in the first half of that season.

I think our choice of coaches really harmed us. Simmons then Cunningham were the worst coaches in terms of style for attracting lost fans and new fans to our new ground. Imagine if we'd have Holbrook or Millward in 2012, we'd have kept alot of those new or lapsed fans, but instead they walked away because the product on the field was garbage. A huge missed opportunity for us.
    Gray77, that’s actually a really good point, I've not thought about that but you could be right, if you think about it we had Simmons, Brown and Cunningham, none of which played attractive or exciting rugby, along with the move changing the atmosphere in the stadium this could have been a big factor in attendances stagnating, it was definitely a missed opportunity which we are trying to sort now, but i do have a feeling its like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. I do think the club are trying to improve this with the community outreach, but it will take time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Gray77, that’s actually a really good point, I've not thought about that but you could be right, if you think about it we had Simmons, Brown and Cunningham, none of which played attractive or exciting rugby, along with the move changing the atmosphere in the stadium this could have been a big factor in attendances stagnating, it was definitely a missed opportunity which we are trying to sort now, but i do have a feeling its like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. I do think the club are trying to improve this with the community outreach, but it will take time.
    I remember after Simmons was fired we played Leeds the following weekend. Sunday night game at LP, sun was shining and we got about 14,000 that evening. We played some fantastic RL that night, and I remember being stood next to Div actually and we both said 'this isn't too bad eh!' and I remember sending the missus a text saying 'we've got our club back'.

The stadium was rocking that evening, really good atmosphere and the style of RL was really encouraging. But it lasted about a fortnight. We got beat by Wigan at LP two weeks later on Good Friday and Rush/KC panicked and came to some conclusion that an expansive style of RL wouldn't win us the big games (despite it having just wiped the floor with Leeds and Wire) and reverted to grind RL.

The moment went, and the lapsed fans that packed the place that evening against Leeds went as well. Massive wasted opportunity for the club.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

I remember after Simmons was fired we played Leeds the following weekend. Sunday night game at LP, sun was shining and we got about 14,000 that evening. We played some fantastic RL that night, and I remember being stood next to Div actually and we both said 'this isn't too bad eh!' and I remember sending the missus a text saying 'we've got our club back'.

The stadium was rocking that evening, really good atmosphere and the style of RL was really encouraging. But it lasted about a fortnight. We got beat by Wigan at LP two weeks later on Good Friday and Rush/KC panicked and came to some conclusion that an expansive style of RL wouldn't win us the big games (despite it having just wiped the floor with Leeds and Wire) and reverted to grind RL.

The moment went, and the lapsed fans that packed the place that evening against Leeds went as well. Massive wasted opportunity for the club.
    To be fair it is a balance.

Sunday games will pull in a larger number of fans, but the argument is that you can't sell as much corporate if there are Sunday games.
    How many paying fans = 1 corporate????

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    To be fair it is a balance.

Sunday games will pull in a larger number of fans, but the argument is that you can't sell as much corporate if there are Sunday games.
    How many paying fans = 1 corporate????
    I'm not arguing about kick off times, I'm arguing about style of play and coaching decisions. I actually think had that Leeds game been a Friday night back in 2012 it'd have pulled in even more than a sunny Sunday evening when people have other stuff on. The missed opportunity I'm talking about is not capitalising on the optimism fuelled by the change of coach in that first season at LP.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Last 3 years at KR
    2008 - 10,099
    2009 - 10,972
    2010 - 10,744

I think the type of rugby we played and the lack of atmosphere must hav cost us lots of fans. But the way we have played this year, why are they not coming back. IMO this year has been the best to watch since 2005/6.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    I think when the New Wembley opened the Rugby League tied us in to a deal for a certain amount of time. Not sure what it was but 25 years comes to mind. If that is the case, unlikely to move anywhere else soon.
    I think it finishes 2027?

Noooobie

You can take 2500 off for the screen, plus I'm sure they are doing something with the disabled section. I think the capacity is just below 73k at the moment?
    73,200 at the recent Man Utd vs Arsenal Game so i think your correct there.

So rough updated figures

Capacity 73,200

4,138 left on sale on super league site as of tuesday morning
    2,500 big screen

So around 63,00 sold maybe?