Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Final tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I would much prefer to see unsold tickets going to the forces. amateur clubs, nurses etc rather than have a half empty stadium.
    The problem with that is the ‘Stobart effect’. Once you’ve given away all of the unsold tickets to your showpiece event you put the idea into people’s heads that it might be best to wait for freebies rather than buy a ticket.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    The problem with that is the ‘Stobart effect’. Once you’ve given away all of the unsold tickets to your showpiece event you put the idea into people’s heads that it might be best to wait for freebies rather than buy a ticket.
    Is that right? I can't remember anything about that, bloody disgrace if correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Is that right? I can't remember anything about that, bloody disgrace if correct.
    No - was just responding to Belgian Saint‘s suggestion.

Banned

No - was just responding to Belgian Saint‘s suggestion.
    Ok, sorry, I misunderstood.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I wouldn't see that many servicemen and Nurses buying tickets anyway. Amateur players maybe.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Giveaways are better done as a competition.

That way you at least get some advertising.

Give GF tickets to some radio stations and get some airtime plugging the GF.
    Also run a facebook competition, you can focus the competition to demographics that would not normally buy into the event.
    Southern counties, Wales and Scotland.

In The South Stand

5,288 tickets available now through the RFL. They've sold 921 tickets in the last 18 or so hours.

Salford have put on Twitter that they sold 5,373 tickets in the first 6 hours of their allocation being on sale.

I think we're on for a decent crowd.

Banned

Spot on pal. It devalues the product and people do think I've paid forty pounds on perhaps minimum wage and your allowing those groups in for free, never again I will watch it on the box.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    5,288 tickets available now through the RFL. They've sold 921 tickets in the last 18 or so hours.

Salford have put on Twitter that they sold 5,373 tickets in the first 6 hours of their allocation being on sale.

I think we're on for a decent crowd.
    4,839 as of 10.40 this morning. So from 6 PM on Sunday to 10.40 AM on Monday the RFL have sold another 449 tickets.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    4,839 as of 10.40 this morning. So from 6 PM on Sunday to 10.40 AM on Monday the RFL have sold another 449 tickets.
    Playing guess the crowd, I think at the most about 52,000 supplemented by a lot of Salford for a day supporters

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Playing guess the crowd, I think at the most about 52,000 supplemented by a lot of Salford for a day supporters
    That would be disappointing if it was so low. I was thinking at least 65-70.

I am thinking it will be a novelty for Salford getting to the final and with the close proximity to the ground I think they could bring a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post

I am thinking it will be a novelty for Salford getting to the final and with the close proximity to the ground I think they could bring a lot
    Yup. They'll have a load there.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post

A great advert for the game if we do get 65-70K

Got A Season Ticket

As fans we'd all love to see OT packed out for the biggest game of the season but when you look at the attendances for Super League games and particularly the poor play off attendances even a crowd as low as 52,000 should be looked on as decent . The combined average attendance for us and Salford this season is just over 15,000 so anything over 50, 000 is not to be sniffed at. Previous posters have mentioned giving away free tickets to fill the stadium , for me that's a definite no no . If I've shelled out for a ticket then the last thing I'd want is to be sitting next to someone with no interest in the game who was only there because it was free. That's a slap in the face for paying fans

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by litherland saint View Post
    As fans we'd all love to see OT packed out for the biggest game of the season but when you look at the attendances for Super League games and particularly the poor play off attendances even a crowd as low as 52,000 should be looked on as decent . The combined average attendance for us and Salford this season is just over 15,000 so anything over 50, 000 is not to be sniffed at. Previous posters have mentioned giving away free tickets to fill the stadium , for me that's a definite no no. If I've shelled out for a ticket then the last thing I'd want is to be sitting next to someone with no interest in the game who was only there because it was free. That's a slap in the face for paying fans
    Totally agree and would be a barmy idea not even Dancing Ken from Cheltenham would propose. There's enough of a 'something for nothing' culture in the sport as it is, how on earth will the RFL sell key events in the future if they were to keep downgrading their marque events.

Quote Originally Posted by litherland saint View Post
    As fans we'd all love to see OT packed out for the biggest game of the season but when you look at the attendances for Super League games and particularly the poor play off attendances even a crowd as low as 52,000 should be looked on as decent . The combined average attendance for us and Salford this season is just over 15,000 so anything over 50, 000 is not to be sniffed at. Previous posters have mentioned giving away free tickets to fill the stadium , for me that's a definite no no . If I've shelled out for a ticket then the last thing I'd want is to be sitting next to someone with no interest in the game who was only there because it was free. That's a slap in the face for paying fans
    Top tier of the Sir Alex Ferguson stand not open, so that is 3500 out of the equation, who wants to be above the clouds anyway! there are even rows of seats available in the upper tiers at our end. I agree, anything over 50,000 is not bad, sneaking feeling I may be a bit pesimistic, I certainly hope I am wrong
    Last edited by Woolyback; 7th October 2019 at 15:06.

Top tier of the Sir Alex Ferguson stand not open, so that is 3500 out of the equation, who wants to be above the clouds anyway! there are even rows of seats available in the upper tiers at our end. I agree, anything over 50,000 is not bad, sneaking feeling I may be a bit pesimistic, I certainly hope I am wrong

I think Salford will bring around as many as any other team that’s been. Grand final crowds have dropped off the last few years anyway..those upper tiers behind the sticks and the top tier of the North Stand used to always be full. Plus, in a strange way I think it might pull in more neutrals
    Last edited by Sean Day; 7th October 2019 at 17:06.

I sat in that tier for the 2006 final. It's fine.

3500 seats not needed for the showpiece is not good

Got A Season Ticket

Don't forget that the capacity is 75,000 - slightly less for rugby.

Even is last year's attendance is matched (65,000) which is unlikely there will be close to 10,000 spare seats.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Looking at the SL website, the 1st tier tickets are pretty much gone apart from a few. It's the Salford allocation that isn't quite sold in the 1st tier but they're going quick if you check the seating plan on their website (which is excellent btw, much better than Saints ticketing system).

Two sections at the back of the 2nd tier at our end sold out, one sold out at Salford's end. Still plenty of seats in the quadrants and 4 blocks still have tickets available in the 2nd tier of the North Stand. Considering there's 5 days to go, we could be on for a pretty big crowd I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Banned

Just as a dip sample my Wife and her family are from the Irlam area and 22 have bought tickets together. 1 is a big Salford fan and three others are occasional fans. The other 18 have never before been to a Salford game live.

In The South Stand

No way will the crowd be that low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that stand usually open? Not a good sign if it is.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Salford for a day supporters
    Surely wigan and wire fans wont part with their money. They didn't for there play off games

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022