Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Grand Final tickets

Noooobie

approx 40 tickets left on sale on salford website

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    If Salford have sold a similar amount to us it's a great achievement as their average attendance is around a third of ours
    I doubt they have, suspect it's down to a lot of marketing on behalf of super League to look like they've got a lot there.. facts are their average attendance is about 6000 less than ours, with a similar figure as their lowest presumably Catalans or London at home..

Saints will have a fair few for the occasion, as will Salford, but there's no way actual Salford fans will be anything like. 75% of the neutrals will be in the Salford end

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    I doubt they have, suspect it's down to a lot of marketing on behalf of super League to look like they've got a lot there.. facts are their average attendance is about 6000 less than ours, with a similar figure as their lowest presumably Catalans or London at home..

Saints will have a fair few for the occasion, as will Salford, but there's no way actual Salford fans will be anything like. 75% of the neutrals will be in the Salford end
    I think they have you know. I said it before the semi final, I think they'd take more than Wigan would have. With Salford, it's a unique situation, they are coming into the final flying and a growing number of people are convinced they'll win. So almost every Salford fan who has been going to games this season will be there. They'll take relatives, friends and the like that wouldn't normally have gone. You'll have fans who haven't been to a game since they left The Willows going. You'll have people who have an interest in rugby league in the area and been to the odd game but never become a regular. With us, you'll have quite a few families who went to Wembley and had such a bad experience that they won't go to this. The admin of this fan forum isn't going, you can bet they would be if it were the first one we'd ever reached.

It's a fantastic effort from Salford really, they've pushed the marketing a bit more than we have I'd suggest. I work in Stockport and we've been contacted about corporate boxes by Salford, followed up with one about tickets for the AJ Bell next season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Salford will bring alot of fans who haven't been in years. Some will have never been before in their lives and some will be football fans who fancy a day out. Got the feeling it could be an unsavoury atmosphere with alot of day trippers in attendance.

As for us, we'll have plenty there. We haven't been to the GF for 5 years and whilst some might be put off by Wembley I doubt many will. I think we'll see around 20,000 Saints fans there tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Salford will bring alot of fans who haven't been in years. Some will have never been before in their lives and some will be football fans who fancy a day out. Got the feeling it could be an unsavoury atmosphere with alot of day trippers in attendance.

As for us, we'll have plenty there. We haven't been to the GF for 5 years and whilst some might be put off by Wembley I doubt many will. I think we'll see around 20,000 Saints fans there tomorrow.
    Potential for some unsavouriness. I have a memory of some kind of brawl/violence in a pub in Wigan some years ago when we played Salford in a CC semi-final. Hopefully those days are overs

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post

This is exactly my thinking, I go most years and always park in a industrial side street near ship canal, it's about 15/20 mins tops but I'll be keeping my coat zipped up until outside the ground at least. It's the non regulars non rugby fans I'd be wary of, hopefully I'm wrong..

Got A Season Ticket

As from 1215 today the Ticket website shows the following tickets left
    West and NW quadrant (saints end) 520
    North quadrant (Neutral) 337 - but the vast majority of these are towards the East end of the ground (Salford)
    East and NE quadrant (Salford end) 1192 - no figures on the tickets for sale via Salford
    South quadrant (Neutral) 409 - all of these are towards the East end of the ground (Salford)

Total tickets left 2458 on the website. I think its fair to say that there are more Saints fans there than Salford fans - but a cracking turnout by both clubs and the wider RL community

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    This is exactly my thinking, I go most years and always park in a industrial side street near ship canal, it's about 15/20 mins tops but I'll be keeping my coat zipped up until outside the ground at least. It's the non regulars non rugby fans I'd be wary of, hopefully I'm wrong..
    Yeah it’s definitely worth keeping your wits about you tomorrow I’d suggest.

In terms of the game, we just need to keep hold of the ball first 20 mins. Do that and we’ll be in a good position to win the game. I think we’ve got a huge advantage in the forwards, although having said that form is irrelevant in a final really but if we keep hold of the ball first 20 like we did against Wigan, they’ll struggle to go with us you’d suspect.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

There will be heightened security around as a result of the terrible attacks in the Arndale that's occurred this morning.

Learning All The Songs

Every GF ive been to ive witnessed crowd trouble. 99.9% of the time it’s the ones who have been drinking since the morning and who can’t handle their ale. I don’t see the point in getting plastered before or during a game. There is nothing worse than being in an all seater stadium and having to keep standing up every few mins for people going to the bar/bog. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was bother tomorrow as Salford are quite well known for it.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    Every GF ive been to ive witnessed crowd trouble. 99.9% of the time it’s the ones who have been drinking since the morning and who can’t handle their ale. I don’t see the point in getting plastered before or during a game. There is nothing worse than being in an all seater stadium and having to keep standing up every few mins for people going to the bar/bog. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was bother tomorrow as Salford are quite well known for it.
    Completely agree, why people use the day as an excuse to just get drunk and ruin the spectacle for the rest of us who have supported the team through thick and thin really annoys me. Every year I say to myself never again, and every year, there I am back again like an excited kid, but the groups of drunken, marauding chanting fans do annoy me. Wasn't there one year after a terrorist explosion somewhere when they tried to have a minutes silence and it was just embarassing. P.S I speak as someone who likes a pint as much as the next person

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Completely agree, why people use the day as an excuse to just get drunk and ruin the spectacle for the rest of us who have supported the team through thick and thin really annoys me. Every year I say to myself never again, and every year, there I am back again like an excited kid, but the groups of drunken, marauding chanting fans do annoy me. Wasn't there one year after a terrorist explosion somewhere when they tried to have a minutes silence and it was just embarassing. P.S I speak as someone who likes a pint as much as the next person
    Some people can’t handle alcohol.
    Some people are idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I'll be on the keg from early doors tomorrow but I assure you i won't be causing any bother.

I do think tomorrow has the potential to turn pretty nasty if I'm honest & I'll certainly have no colours on

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Potential for some unsavouriness. I have a memory of some kind of brawl/violence in a pub in Wigan some years ago when we played Salford in a CC semi-final. Hopefully those days are overs
    Yep. I was only a kid back then but that CC semi was horrendous post match

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post

In terms of the game, we just need to keep hold of the ball first 20 mins. Do that and we’ll be in a good position to win the game. I think we’ve got a huge advantage in the forwards, although having said that form is irrelevant in a final really but if we keep hold of the ball first 20 like we did against Wigan, they’ll struggle to go with us you’d suspect.
    Do you think so Tez? I think their back row is pretty good & they can't half trundle it up time and time again

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Yep. I was only a kid back then but that CC semi was horrendous post match
    Would that be the 97 Semi at Central Park?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Noooobie

huge sales last night now 1000 left and that includes all the returns from both clubs and hospitallity

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rehnn View Post
    Some people can’t handle alcohol.
    Some people are idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Man UTD stewards are accustomed to drunk morons visiting from PL, England games and previous grand finals. I know what their policy is and feet touching the floor on the way out isn’t one. As for the pubs outside he ground, that’s another matter. You can usually avoid trouble by avoiding moody pubs/beer gardens. I don’t see it being any different to previous years. COYS

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post

Holding the ball Tez is something Saints have worked really hard on all week , don't want to go into too much detail as I've said on another thread , thier training this week has been "targeted" .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post

I think you may be right, I understand why they are doing it though

I think a new team will help the atmosphere

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Holding the ball Tez is something Saints have worked really hard on all week , don't want to go into too much detail as I've said on another thread , thier training this week has been "targeted" .
    I think finishing sets and no panic plays will be key to us winning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think finishing sets and no panic plays will be key to us winning it.
    That's it for me. With an even share of possession I think we'll win quite comfortably. A lot has been said about Salford's pack, and it is an experienced, durable set of forwards, but all else being equal I just can't see them living with our forwards. It will be tough going, though, especially early on, and if we do what we've done in the past and respond to that toughness with anxiety and panic then we'll be in for a torrid time.

In The South Stand

Decent crowd in the end, the fears of it being the worst crowd ever certainly not even close. Salford's turnout was impressive and so many of them were in shirts, the club must have made a fortune this week, good on them.

I also didn't see any trouble at all before, during or after the game. It helps when the team you are sat with wins the game I guess, plenty of drunk fools but things kept under boiling point by us leading throughout the game. Salford's fans were really good, no issues at all.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Decent crowd in the end, the fears of it being the worst crowd ever certainly not even close. Salford's turnout was impressive and so many of them were in shirts, the club must have made a fortune this week, good on them.

I also didn't see any trouble at all before, during or after the game. It helps when the team you are sat with wins the game I guess, plenty of drunk fools but things kept under boiling point by us leading throughout the game. Salford's fans were really good, no issues at all.
    There was no trouble near us either but was surprised that the ban on drinks in the stands did not even last 10 seconds.
    Thankfully people near us kept it in check, but I see elsewhere it has allowed the idiots to throw stuff at kids again.

Banned

Anyone got any spares?