Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Grand Final tickets

In The South Stand

Looks like our end will be the emptiest. We've got a green and three oranges, Salford have four reds and an orange. The corners at their end are more full than our's as well, which is strange as our end has a lot of the space taken up by the hospitality seats.

Any floating voters need to get out there and support the boys. Support could be a big element of it. The neutrals will go silent very quickly if we go in front. As the team has suffered in finals over the years, the fans have also largely been appalling. Wembley was shocking, 10,000 people stood biting their nails in the first half then moaning in the second. Let's have it people, make some noise.

Got A Season Ticket

I wouldn't take a blind bit of notice of that diagram . Think back to the CC final and a claimed attendance of about 62.000 seeing as Wembley holds something like 90,000 that means it was 2/3 full. Anyone with a pair of eyes could see that was rubbish , nowhere near 2/3 full. Do Saints fans really believe Salford will have more fans at OT than us , I can't for the life of me see that happening

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

It's nonsense for marketing purposes.
    I got all our tickets through the rfl.

No one asked who I supported.

Large portions of the North and south were sold out before Salford even qualified.

Saints fans could number 30k, but spread across 3 stands rather than just one.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Looks like our end will be the emptiest. We've got a green and three oranges, Salford have four reds and an orange. The corners at their end are more full than our's as well, which is strange as our end has a lot of the space taken up by the hospitality seats.

Any floating voters need to get out there and support the boys. Support could be a big element of it. The neutrals will go silent very quickly if we go in front. As the team has suffered in finals over the years, the fans have also largely been appalling. Wembley was shocking, 10,000 people stood biting their nails in the first half then moaning in the second. Let's have it people, make some noise.
    Mate ignore that super League put a post on FB before saying it’s 54% saints and 46% Salford ticket sales

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    It's nonsense for marketing purposes.
    I got all our tickets through the rfl.

No one asked who I supported.

Large portions of the North and south were sold out before Salford even qualified.

Saints fans could number 30k, but spread across 3 stands rather than just one.
    The 53% and 47% stat is the percentage of the total tickets sold by the two finalists. So on that score, we're slightly ahead of them. I said last week Salford could take more than Wigan or Warrington would and it looks like I was right. Anyone who has watched them and fallen out of love with them will go, anyone who goes anyway will take their Mum, Dad, Brothers, Sisters, Cousins, friends etc.

The weird thing is that Salford have only sold 7,000 themselves. So if my maths is correct, Saints will have only shifted 7,893 or thereabouts. Not spectacular numbers from us, the debacle of Wembley will have put quite a few off I think.

A lot will have bought from the RFL, but again it doesn't look like there is much evidence of that as our corner sections are more available than Salford's are. I'm enjoying speculating about the crowd, it's taking my mind of the sense of dread that is washing over me. I'm not sure I'll be able to take another horrendous final performance from us. We need to win, and be on it from the very start and not let up.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

The 53% and 47% stat is the percentage of the total tickets sold by the two finalists. So on that score, we're slightly ahead of them. I said last week Salford could take more than Wigan or Warrington would and it looks like I was right. Anyone who has watched them and fallen out of love with them will go, anyone who goes anyway will take their Mum, Dad, Brothers, Sisters, Cousins, friends etc.

The weird thing is that Salford have only sold 7,000 themselves. So if my maths is correct, Saints will have only shifted 7,893 or thereabouts. Not spectacular numbers from us, the debacle of Wembley will have put quite a few off I think.

A lot will have bought from the RFL, but again it doesn't look like there is much evidence of that as our corner sections are more available than Salford's are. I'm enjoying speculating about the crowd, it's taking my mind of the sense of dread that is washing over me. I'm not sure I'll be able to take another horrendous final performance from us. We need to win, and be on it from the very start and not let up.
    The corners are practically sold out and the North and south sections were already sold out before Salford qualified.

No one has a clue the number of saints fans who ordered direct.

The speculation is fine for pumping up last minute sales, but I'd put saints attendance at about 20k and have as much evidence as any one else.

Learning All The Songs

Most of the ground went sold out after our semi final, we'll have plenty there.

I understood that Saints were allocated more tickets than Salford at the outset, in which case merely providing percentages of those sold is meaningless as a comparison.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I understood that Saints were allocated more tickets than Salford at the outset, in which case merely providing percentages of those sold is meaningless as a comparison.
    I’d also consider a significant proportion of Saints fans are likely to have purchased directly from the RFL for the ‘side’ seats. I certainly did. The percentages of tickets sold to Saints and Salford fans as published by the RFL are little more than a marketing ploy in my opinion.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    I’d also consider a significant proportion of Saints fans are likely to have purchased directly from the RFL for the ‘side’ seats. I certainly did. The percentages of tickets sold to Saints and Salford fans as published by the RFL are little more than a marketing ploy in my opinion.
    Yep, I think the fact that you could pick a specific seat on the SL site, rather than just a block on Saints' site would be a draw for some people

As disappointing as Wembley was, there were a few factors that didn't go our way, plus Warrington putting in a tremendous performance. It's gone that now. Forget it

Noooobie

322 tickets sold online yesterday on super league site, vast majority in salford end

2493 seats left online

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by benward View Post
    322 tickets sold online yesterday on super league site, vast majority in salford end

2493 seats left online
    How do you know this?

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by we hate Wigan View Post
    How do you know this?
    Clicking over each block tells you how many is left

Noooobie

So rough updated figures

Capacity 73,200

2493 left on sale on super league site as of thursday morning
    3,500 not on sale alex ferguson top tier
    2,500 big screen estimated

So around 64,707 sold maybe?

Not taking into account if any hosptiallity isnt sold out but guessing it is

Noooobie

where is the big screen located for this match out of intrest?

where is the big screen located for this match out of intrest?
    Above the tunnel between Stretty & South stand

Learning All The Songs

So rough updated figures

Capacity 73,200

2493 left on sale on super league site as of thursday morning
    3,500 not on sale alex ferguson top tier
    2,500 big screen estimated

So around 64,707 sold maybe?

Not taking into account if any hosptiallity isnt sold out but guessing it is
    Both clubs have tickets left that aren’t shown on the Super League site. Closer to about 60,000 I think unless more ‘neutrals’ decide to go last minute.

Noooobie

Show this thread

Salford Red Devils

Verified account

@SalfordDevils
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    �� You can also call 0161 786 1570

�� The ticket office is extremely busy today. Anyone struggling to get through can email ticketoffice@ajbellstadium.co.uk with a phone number and best time to call.

Salford Red Devils

Verified account

@SalfordDevils
    2h2 hours ago
    MoreSalford Red Devils Retweeted Betfred Super League
    �� WE'RE CLOSING IN ON SAINTS!

��️ Only Cat 5 tickets will be available to purchase from the @AJBell_Stadium ticket office after noon today!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Both clubs have tickets left that aren’t shown on the Super League site. Closer to about 60,000 I think unless more ‘neutrals’ decide to go last minute.
    Tickets go off sale at Saints today

I'll be honest I'm not concerned about the attendance.
    As long as I am there if and when we win it I couldn't give a monkeys!!
    I'm sure the attendance will be very reasonable.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I'll be honest I'm not concerned about the attendance.
    As long as I am there if and when we win it I couldn't give a monkeys!!
    I'm sure the attendance will be very reasonable.
    I'm the opposite, completely obsessed with the attendance because I'm so convinced we're not going to win it are we.

Upside
    Non Members

If Salford have sold a similar amount to us it's a great achievement as their average attendance is around a third of ours

Upside
    Non Members

I'm the opposite, completely obsessed with the attendance because I'm so convinced we're not going to win it are we.
    A new team means up to 50% of the attendance could be new to the GF, that's really good, although probably more like twenty percent but still

Helps future attendances as the teams who do t go for a few years really respect it

Noooobie

700 sold on the super league site yesterday

1843 remaning

big push today these MAY sell