Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan or Salford?

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

I have a feeling Salford can beat them, they took them close last week. As a spectator piece you'd want Wigan, but from PR point of view Salford making it (especially with OT being so close) you'd think they could pull out every Salford fan. Salford 80mins from a GF and Catalans winning the CC last season, isn't it nice that the usual big 4 or 5 that have dominant for the past 20-30 years is being challenged, although Bradford's freefall and Leeds demise in the past 3 seasons ha helped to free up the top teams.

We'll then be going into a GF it being our 3rd game in 5 weeks, the opponents won't have had a week off since CC final weekend.

Starting A Programme Collection

Fair play dude . Must be hard to take that . Tonight was an exemplar of the gap between 1st and the rest . I can honestly see Salford taking Wigan next week .

In The South Stand

The thing about Salford getting to the final would be that it would be further proof that keeping the salary cap low is helping bring the competition closer. It's almost like the NRL used to be now where sides can go from near the bottom to the Grand Final in a season. If anything the NRL is becoming less like that with several established sides now always in the top half, but Super League is improving in that sense. It's bringing the competition closer but also reducing the quality. If they could find more clubs capable of spending an appropriate amount of money and perhaps get some outside investment and improve the standard whilst keeping the level(ler) playing field, we could be onto something.

Really looking forward to the Wigin v Salford game , to see if Salford play down the middle as we did .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by litherland saint View Post
    Can't agree , it might a short walk but their fan base is tiny , if we're looking for a big crowd it has to be your lot
    I agree Wigan will bring more than Salford, but not sure of how many of them would turn up after last night. If we do play Wigan at OT last night was a huge psychological boost for our guys
    Last edited by Belgian Saint; 28th September 2019 at 19:35.

I’ve no great preference. Instinct tells you Salford but they are arguably more of a danger and have pushed us closer than Wigan this year. I think they’d bring perhaps 8-10,000 fans but would Wigan bring significantly more?

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

We cant control who we play so I dont particularly care - though facing Jackson Hastings worries me more than any of wigans threats

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    We cant control who we play so I dont particularly care - though facing Jackson Hastings worries me more than any of wigans threats
    I'm pretty confident Knowles could do a job on him if Hastings tries anything down the middle, in the similar way Williams struggled for time and space last night.

I know we had played at a fast pace last night but Wigan did look very tired very quickly. The Salford game must have taken a lot out of them. Powell and O'Loughlin both looked lame too. It will take a great effort for them to back up again Salford.

Wigan have been getting hyped up a lot over the last couple of months but I suspect they have been at top gear for a while. You suspect they don't have another gear and have been playing flat out for the last few weeks.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    I know we had played at a fast pace last night but Wigan did look very tired very quickly. The Salford game must have taken a lot out of them. Powell and O'Loughlin both looked lame too. It will take a great effort for them to back up again Salford.

Wigan have been getting hyped up a lot over the last couple of months but I suspect they have been at top gear for a while. You suspect they don't have another gear and have been playing flat out for the last few weeks.
    Their squad isn't as strong as in the past, their more senior players are waning (O'Loughlin has carried them at times over the years - and he's not up there this season) and they haven't got Wane as chief motivator (who seemed to bring a lot out of the players). I wouldn't write Wigan off and I think Salford would give as good a game as anyone right now - but the main focus should be on ourselves. We have it in our hands to win and cap off an amazing season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Like i said yesterday people, we will be in the WEST STAND at old Trafford
    So what?

Yes, salford fans will turn up in big numbers
    Aye, all 200 of them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I think they'd sell more than Wigan personally. There are a lot of sports fans in Manchester who would get behind this as a night out. They'd take 10,000-12,000 genuine fans, all those who haven't been in a while and basically anyone that's ever watched Salford in the past would go.
    Don't talk bollocks.

Banned

Thats what I thought when somebody told me Everton were a good team
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 28th September 2019 at 15:10. Reason: MS being as funny as a dose of clap.

Banned

You'd know all about getting clap with your choice of women
    Comes with the territory I suppose. At least my choice of women isn't categories.

Honestly don't care who we get. I'm going to sit back next Friday and relax and watch them fight it out.
    If we turn up with the attitude and application as per Friday nobody will live with us. After doing Wigan comfortably x 4 can't help but feel we would have the edge mentally now.
    Salford on a good run but who have they played that is actual any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Honestly don't care who we get. I'm going to sit back next Friday and relax and watch them fight it out.
    If we turn up with the attitude and application as per Friday nobody will live with us. After doing Wigan comfortably x 4 can't help but feel we would have the edge mentally now.
    Agree with everything. As per Wembley, we can only beat ourselves

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

This---->
    Quote Originally Posted by div View Post
    honestly don't care who we get. I'm going to sit back next friday and relax and watch them fight it out.
    If we turn up with the attitude and application as per friday nobody will live with us. After doing wigan comfortably x 4 can't help but feel we would have the edge mentally now.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Im not bothered who wins out of the two. I fancy Salford to pinch it though. Not sure it would be good for the game if Salford get there. Can you imagine the Salford di**heads who will come out of the woodwork just to cause trouble at Old Trafford? Can’t imagine a Saints-Salford final will sell many tickets to the neutral fans either.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Please do not forget Warrington is the pimple on the arse of Cheshire. You are equally hated by St Helens, Widnes, Wigan and for that matter Salford. Now be a good boy and get back to your glue bag, five thousand of them will fill your jerry built stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    I don’t believe the Manchester locals will be fretting about the chance of Salford Di*kheads hitting OT, but will have their minds firmly focused upon the factual reality that saints Merseyside di**heads will be. What a thought!!
    Just wondering what river flows right through the middle of your town?

I don’t believe the Manchester locals will be fretting about the chance of Salford Di*kheads hitting OT, but will have their minds firmly focused upon the factual reality that saints Merseyside di**heads will be. What a thought!!
    We've been there enough times & not been much of a problem

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

F*** off pal your seasons over
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

I take it Manchester police are pleased they dont have to fork out for extra riot gear for their officers since your mob arent there, given your antics this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue Simple Jack View Post
    Welcome back!

Now Fu#k off again, Simple Jack!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

I thought he'd be playing with his mate Rubber Duckies banjo string.