Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Hastings pure class

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Default Hastings pure class

How good is he. He just said Lomax is the best in super league by a mile and he isnt special (hastings) he has many floors and a lot to learn. How honest. It upsets me massively that he will be at Wigan.

Banned

Maybe he's after some of the off cuts after Wigan re-carpeted their lounge.

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

Salford where very good tonight

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

We were talking to some Salford fans at their game v Wigan last week after the Academy GF.
    They believe he's gone there to put himself in the shop window to go back to NRL. Say he was offered more money to stay at Salford than go to the Pies, but that he's more likely to be on the NRL radar there than at AJ Bell.
    They don't think he'll see next season out there. Fingers crossed he moves back to Aus, belting player
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Just a thought Percival was as good as him he has had a poor year, why? He has done very little.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

That widnes banner is great. Thanks whoever did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Maybe he's after some of the off cuts after Wigan re-carpeted their lounge.
    Woooosh, ha ha.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Just a thought Percival was as good as him he has had a poor year, why? He has done very little.
    How many pints have you had?
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 26th September 2019 at 22:59. Reason: Rogues false teeth rattling

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    We were talking to some Salford fans at their game v Wigan last week after the Academy GF.
    They believe he's gone there to put himself in the shop window to go back to NRL. Say he was offered more money to stay at Salford than go to the Pies, but that he's more likely to be on the NRL radar there than at AJ Bell.
    They don't think he'll see next season out there. Fingers crossed he moves back to Aus, belting player

I’m almost certain his contract with Wigan contains a release clause after 12 months should an NRL side come in for him.

Regardless of his Lomax comments I’ve been majorly impressed with how he’s conducted himself over here and the loyalty he’s shown to them. You read lots about how well he interacts with fans, he seems to have grown up an awful lot when you think he still only 23 or something?

He’s been great for Salford and the league, and even once he’s a pie eater I’ll still like him. Had he gone to Warrington I’m not sure i could of said the same 😉

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    I’m almost certain his contract with Wigan contains a release clause after 12 months should an NRL side come in for him. ��
    Yes it does, he said this on the OOL Podcast

Got A Season Ticket

What a complete Masterclass last night from Hastings! no one denies that Percival is good, though at times he can keep the ball himself a little too much! but it is Hastings all round talent the way he really dictates not just the game, but his team mates players! He has really gave everything this season for Salford! and it has really revived their supporters, some never seem to credit he is still only 23 years old!

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    some never seem to credit he is still only 23 years old!
    This^ 100%

Imagine what he’ll be like at 28, if he keeps on improving.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

His rugby IQ is on another level to anything else we’ve got over here really. Obviously he’s skilful and he can run as well but the way he organises and directs his team is ridiculous for someone of his age. Really stood out to me when they played us earlier in the season how vocal he was. Didn’t stop talking all game.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Starting A Programme Collection

I wonder if Saints were in for Hastings? I do think a scrum half is an area we need focus on.

If we were going to bring in a marquee signing (have we got spots left? is there anyone of that calibre available?) I'd be happy for it to be filled by a natural half back and organiser.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by St. Christopher View Post
    I wonder if Saints were in for Hastings? I do think a scrum half is an area we need focus on.

If we were going to bring in a marquee signing (have we got spots left? is there anyone of that calibre available?) I'd be happy for it to be filled by a natural half back and organiser.
    With us being 16+pts better off than all the other clubs do we really need to strengthen too much?

I'm of the thinking whilst on top you should always strengthen but will they? Some of the young lads need better contracts and we should be making Luke Thompson our Marquee to keep him from the hands of the NRL?

I'd like a big Tongan 2nd rower/Prop to strengthen for next year.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    Yes it does, he said this on the OOL Podcast
    We should sing 'he's going home, he's going home' when we play them, may affect his game too.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Christopher View Post

You would think the club would like to keep our pivotal players for the longer term, Hastings will probably be similar to Barba in wanting the door open for a gig in the NRL much sooner than later.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    You would think the club would like to keep our pivotal players for the longer term, Hastings will probably be similar to Barba in wanting the door open for a gig in the NRL much sooner than later.
    He clearly loves playing for Salford and puts in 100% every game, and with all his work in the community he has really endeared himself to the fans. IMO it's blatantly obvious he's moving to them to get picked up by the NRL. After all their hysteria over Barba it'd be bloody funny if he left them early, though I think he's got 100% more heart than Barba and would give it is all till his last game, he seems that kind of player.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    He clearly loves playing for Salford and puts in 100% every game, and with all his work in the community he has really endeared himself to the fans. IMO it's blatantly obvious he's moving to them to get picked up by the NRL. After all their hysteria over Barba it'd be bloody funny if he left them early, though I think he's got 100% more heart than Barba and would give it is all till his last game, he seems that kind of player.
    As long as Wigan don't get a large fee will be good to see him get an NRL gig.