Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Rugby World Cup 2019

Default Rugby World Cup 2019

Is nobody watching the RWC in Japan? There's been some interesting encounters with Fiji and Aus, Boks and All Blacks, and only the Samoa v Russia game had dodgy refereeing and punditry.

Compared to the football world cup, both codes of Rugby are way behind in the publicity stakes. A lot of folk don't even know it's on nor care, preferring reality garbage and soap trauma.

Banned

If you're going to post about it, at least call it the Rugby Union World Cup.

I know the posh boys think they own the name 'rugby', and the predominantly right-wing media acquiesce to them, but let's not us meekly join them.

Default Rugby world cup 2019™

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    If you're going to post about it, at least call it the Rugby Union World Cup.

I know the posh boys think they own the name 'rugby', and the predominantly right-wing media acquiesce to them, but let's not us meekly join them.
    RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019™
    They've TM'd it as so, and no response from the RL.

Banned

I know they TM'd it, but that doesn't mean we have to call it that.

Banned

Not really, I watched the England game because my missus wanted to watch it but was bored by half time and ended up getting quite irate with all the stupid mistakes in the second half. May watch the game tomorrow if I've nothing better to do.

Call me old school but this belongs in O/T!

In The South Stand

Not watched any of it and I'm very unlikely to despite playing both codes. It seems to of generated some controversy though in it's scathing assessment of the refs so far. Seems despite it's better use of video refs that there are a lot of inconsistencies between refs and tmos. Glad to see it's not just league that suffers from this.

Banned

Wonder if there are any players (especially from the 'smaller' nations) RL clubs could look to snare. Could imagine would be interesting if say a Japanese or Uruguayan player switched at the end of the World Cup....

The Japanese look more built for League than Union, unless they get some sumo wrestlers in for the scrums, and they were excellent against Ireland.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Wonder if there are any players (especially from the 'smaller' nations) RL clubs could look to snare. Could imagine would be interesting if say a Japanese or Uruguayan player switched at the end of the World Cup....
    It may be worth a look at some of the Japanese players, the Sunwolves are leaving super rugby and droping in to their own Japanese regional competition, there may be an opening to turn the heads of some players and see if they fancy a change of code and scenery.

Rassie Erasmus, the Springbok coach, said he wants to grind out a victory against England. Perhaps Keiron Cunningham should look to Union once more.