Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 19 man squad v Wigan

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

This is a masterclass in how to play wet weather knock out rugby. Greasy conditions if not raining, which it usually does at Old Trafford. Massive drives up the middle, players running in with real intent, simple last tackle options and no shovelling shit. It seems so simple but it’s destroying Wigan.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    They know they are playing next week now so I don't think they will risk the dark arts with us being so far ahead. They will save them for the GF(if they can overcome Salford).
    You where saying ? Blatant late shoulder on Coote.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Fat wanker Clubb. Hadn't taken the ball up once and starts the grubby stuff

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Fat wanker Clubb. Hadn't taken the ball up once and starts the grubby stuff

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Haha it's all he does isn't it, he's absolutely useless.

Absolutely fantastic performance Saints, well done! Hats off in every department.

Kicking game was on point, forwards absolutely smashed their lot up front. Thommo was absolutely huge, and Coote was as cool as a cucumber.

Starting A Programme Collection

Forwards were immense but Coote hitting top form also means Lomax on top form, as he cant be the sole target for defences. An all round superb performance.

Got A Season Ticket

I don't think I've seen a team play as good as we did in the first half absolute first class

Noooobie

That was one hell of a performance , WOW , so strong so professional I am absoloutly gobsmacked , they certainly have learned from an earlier game , and deserve every amount of praise , that was the way to win a "semi final" , cant say enough , I once doubted them but the SAINTS TEAM , have answered all the questions = "bottle" ?? theyv'e got a wagon full.

Learning All The Songs

What a performance, one win away from possibly our most satisfying Grand Final win after the sh*t we’ve had to listen to from rival fans (mainly Warrington).

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Widnes fan here..... wow, well..... that was awesome. I just wish we put 50 on them. How did club not get sent off. That was awful. Well done saints to a man. Awesome... only player I thought was very quiet was grace. COYS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Obviously Thommo now back to his best attacking the middle but there 2 players who were pretty outstanding in defence Knowles doing a pretty good job on Williams and Peyroux snuffing out Gildart. Makinson is running like a backrower now sucking the energy out of the Goon pack.

Think we made 1 error and 1 penalty in the first 44 minutes then we had 4 sloppy play the balls completely different to the 17 errors in the wire game.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Obviously Thommo now back to his best attacking the middle but there 2 players who were pretty outstanding in defence Knowles doing a pretty good job on Williams and Peyroux snuffing out Gildart. Makinson is running like a backrower now sucking the energy out of the Goon pack.

Think we made 1 error and 1 penalty in the first 44 minutes then we had 4 sloppy play the balls completely different to the 17 errors in the wire game.
    Luke Thompson looked unstoppable. He looked like he'd swallowed The Hulk and his strut off the field was iconic. If you've not watched it back yet, looked when Thomo is taken off, it's like something off a movie.

Banned

That's better.

Thought Coote, Lomax & Fages all amazingly good tonight. Makinson, Percival, Thompson, Knowles, LMS also brilliant. The rest were merely superb. Not one poor performance.

Ref was very lenient with the piescum flopping and slowing the PTB, whilst his ignoring of their offside was farcical. He also bottled the Clubb incident - late, high and looked like a shoulder (didn't see the replay as I was too busy being halfway down the steps calling him a fat, dirty b*stard). No doubt the bent disciplinary will shrug their shoulders, but that should be season over for the useless yard dog.

Surely we've learned enough lessons now not to bottle another final.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post

Knowles was epic tonight. Absolutely outstanding.

Brilliant display and brilliant night, up there with the best at the new stadium. A perfect example of how to play a semi final - intensity, control and passion, personified by Thommo and Knowles who turned in world class performances. When the chips were down, they led and everyone else followed. Men v boys. Well played all

Outstanding performance, especially that first half, is it me our should we of had at least 50? I just hope and pray we can repeat that again at Old Trafford. One more game to go, let's not lose site of the prize, let's have more of the same lads.

COYS

Banned

Yes 50 was on then the Clubb incident and Kendall put the brake on the game.

Learning All The Songs

Best performance of the holbrook era?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

What a game!! Ran away with it in first half.

Thompson put a Herculean effot in.

Smith played brilliant in 2nd half as hooker. Guided us brilliantly.

Lomax , Coote, Knowles and Roby where top class.

Walmsley, Amor and LMS smashed the Wigan forwards.

They didnt want anything to do with us.

Justin Holbrook - Thank you.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    Best performance of the holbrook era?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
    For me yes.

I thought we were outstanding from start to finish. The opening 20 minutes was flawless and we drained Wigan of alot of energy. The points followed that. Everyone of our forwards dominated Wigan and they just couldn't live with the size and speed of our game. It's very rare you come out of a game where practically every player could've got the MOM vote but it happened last night. We were absolutely ruthless and the week off did us good as we looked fresh as daisies.

If we play like that at Old Trafford in two weeks, the trophy is ours. It's as simple as that. Please God Saints deliver another performance like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Partington got schooled, as did Hardaker, it was so enjoyable.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    For me yes.

I thought we were outstanding from start to finish. The opening 20 minutes was flawless and we drained Wigan of alot of energy. The points followed that. Everyone of our forwards dominated Wigan and they just couldn't live with the size and speed of our game. It's very rare you come out of a game where practically every player could've got the MOM vote but it happened last night. We were absolutely ruthless and the week off did us good as we looked fresh as daisies.

If we play like that at Old Trafford in two weeks, the trophy is ours. It's as simple as that. Please God Saints deliver another performance like that.
    Agreed that first half was as near faultless as I've seen the club play in a big game. 1 handling error and one bite in on the left edge. The sheer pace, power and agility of us with the ball in slippy conditions was insane, wigan tried to fly at us and we still bust through them. Quite incredible performance from the pack and Tommy Makinson in exit ball.

Probably the best I've seen Coote kick too bar a couple of short kicks that ran a touch too far. Theo Fages was also outstanding. We just need one more 80 like that

Starting A Programme Collection

Excellent performance!... Another one needed now at OT.

No complacency, no over-confidence, no excuses - just a full on, professional and passionate performance to the right game plan like last night.

Excellent performance! Perfectly executed.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Yes 50 was on then the Clubb incident and Kendall put the brake on the game.
    The Clubb incident was virtually identical to the one when England played the USA in the Union World Cup on Thursday where the Yank forward got sent off for putting a shoulder into Owen Farrell's face. Union got it right, League bottled it. Clubb and Flower are dross and have no right to be spoken of in the same breath as Thompson, Walmesley and Knowles or the rest of our pack for that matter. Immense last night.

As an aside it was a surprising move to see Smith named on the bench last night. I think most of us thought it would be Bentley. It’ll be interesting to see how he goes for the final, I suspect he won’t want to change anything