Thread: Richardson

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rehnn View Post
    Who’s he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Platt Bridge version I think

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    What's the situation with Myler I know the positions are more interchangeable now but even so.
    leeds were trying to off-load him to a rugby union club last i heard,one thats not seen him play i presume

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERWOOD POSSE View Post
    I think its a piece of good business for Cas (i am a Cas Fan, so i would think that i guess!), i really like Richardson, i know you guys say he has frailties, but i think hes an exciting young scrum half and i think he could form an amazing partnership with Trueman, he is a dynamic young player with lots of energy and with 3 of our coaches being former top quality half backs, i am sure they can help to improve him, Gale did not reach the heights he has, until he was about 26/27, our halves in england are notoriously late developers. We don't know if its definitely a done deal yet anyway, but i am hoping its just not been announced, out of respect to you guys still being in the Hunt for the greatest prize!! ....... As a Cas fan, i would just like to wish you well in the Final, i hope its Wigan you face and i truly hope you embarrass them on the biggest stage, Saints are many Cas fans second team, i don't know why, i think we just always have, i don't think anybody ever dislikes any of your players because they always try to play the game in the right way, most Cas fans have nothing but respect for SAINTS.
    You are a rarity, an opposition fan that hasn’t come on here to troll.
    I have mixed feelings about DR he certainly isn’t going to get a start anytime soon at Saints but Powell hasn’t got it wrong with many players. Hope DR doesn’t come back to bite us in the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Leeds rumoured to want Jake Connor too.
    I think they quite publicly want Connor. However given the money they are waving at him they would need to play him in the spine of the team (1 or 6) to justify it. Given that he can get frustrated easily, he may not be the ideal player to build a team around.

I would love us to sign Connor and you can tell he is very friendly with Makinson so who knows, you suspect that Connor will get frustrated at Hull FC eventually.

Back on topic; I think everyone actually gets what they want from the deal.

Leeds get an experienced, organising player that can lead them around. They have good young players and a few reasonable solo players but no one that glues the team together. Leeds from 20 years ago would have signed Trueman and build a team around him instead. Gale does feel like a short to medium term option.

Castleford get some money and a younger player that will work very well along side Trueman. I suspect that Richardson has lost a lot of confidence over the last few years which he will get back by getting picked every week at Cas. Given that they have lost there key playmaker in the last two seasons, having a reliable spine to the team will help them get back to the level they were once at.

Saints also gets some cash, which given that we have a settled spine, probably will see Richardson as a backup player again in 2020. With the likes of Welsby and Dodd coming through as well, getting cash for a player that would probably get released in a year anyway is good.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    Hearing Patton is coming available at Wires, would be a good fit to replace Richardson
    Crickey (sic). Really? Crickey (sic).

Learning All The Songs

Hearing Patton is coming available at Wires, would be a good fit to replace Richardson
    I’d rather have an 80 year old Alex Murphy instead, he would offer more.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    leeds were trying to off-load him to a rugby union club last i heard,one thats not seen him play i presume
    Not surprised. Can’t believe they signed him in the first place. Arguably the most over-rated player of the last 10 years.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

He’s absolute garbage, at his level with Warrington

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERWOOD POSSE View Post
    I think its a piece of good business for Cas (i am a Cas Fan, so i would think that i guess!), i really like Richardson, i know you guys say he has frailties, but i think hes an exciting young scrum half and i think he could form an amazing partnership with Trueman, he is a dynamic young player with lots of energy and with 3 of our coaches being former top quality half backs, i am sure they can help to improve him, Gale did not reach the heights he has, until he was about 26/27, our halves in england are notoriously late developers. We don't know if its definitely a done deal yet anyway, but i am hoping its just not been announced, out of respect to you guys still being in the Hunt for the greatest prize!! ....... As a Cas fan, i would just like to wish you well in the Final, i hope its Wigan you face and i truly hope you embarrass them on the biggest stage, Saints are many Cas fans second team, i don't know why, i think we just always have, i don't think anybody ever dislikes any of your players because they always try to play the game in the right way, most Cas fans have nothing but respect for SAINTS.
    I have always liked watching Cas and I was a great fan of Kevin Ward and in his short stint at Saints until the tragic injury he was worth the entrance money alone to watch him. A real hard man,I also liked Dean Sampson a good prop but not quite as consistent as Wardy, and Graham Steadman another great player who took us apart a few times.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehnn View Post
    Who’s he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Judas's younger brother.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    That’d Be a hell of a step up for him, going from a small amateurish club like Wire, with such limited success and support, to a hugely successful outfit like Saints.

Its not likely though is it?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Patton is going to rugby union isn’t he?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Patton is going to rugby union isn’t he?
    Melbourne Storm mate

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Melbourne Storm mate
    Give over
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Melbourne Storm mate
    They must have had to sell him to free up money for their marquee centre signing from Widnes.

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Give over
    Ha ha ha. I jest

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    They must have had to sell him to free up money for their marquee centre signing from Widnes.
    Gelling? Goodwin leaves & he comes in. Marvellous

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    That’d Be a hell of a step up for him, going from a small amateurish club like Wire, with such limited success and support, to a hugely successful outfit like Saints.

Its not likely though is it?
    We don't take Warrington rejects because the standard is so low, when Warrington take our rejects they are the best thing since sliced bread. Scully worked that out 20 years ago and was just not interested in Warrington's ideology of its "going to be our year"................."going to be our year"................"going to be our year".

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    We don't take Warrington rejects because the standard is so low, when Warrington take our rejects they are the best thing since sliced bread. Scully worked that out 20 years ago and was just not interested in Warrington's ideology of its "going to be our year"................."going to be our year"................"going to be our year".
    Shouldn't have taken Scully as long as it did, they had already been waiting 42 years when he signed for us.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I have always liked watching Cas and I was a great fan of Kevin Ward and in his short stint at Saints until the tragic injury he was worth the entrance money alone to watch him. A real hard man,I also liked Dean Sampson a good prop but not quite as consistent as Wardy, and Graham Steadman another great player who took us apart a few times.
    I remember Dean Sampson scoring three trys in about ten minutes at KR in a game that finished 32 all or 34 all something like that

Banned

Gelling? Goodwin leaves & he comes in. Marvellous
    I'm quite disappointed by this as I quite like Gelling and now I have to start hating him again. Tosser.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Steadman had an exquisite moustache, too.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angry dave View Post
    i'm quite disappointed by this as i quite like gelling and now i have to start hating him again. Tosser.

Got A Season Ticket

At least Patton has got a Challenge Cup Winners medal
    So has Robert Hicks.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Is there any chance that we can have a thread that doesn’t end up like this? The poster spends his weekends trying to wind up people who he doesn’t know, who support a team he doesn’t support, for no other reason than his own amusement. Imagine what his life must be like, I’m guessing he needs some fairly urgent counselling or something but either way, he obviously isn’t healthy. If you all just ignore him he’ll go away eventually.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V