Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 213

Thread: Richardson

  1. #101
    Learning All The Songs Nickles Forearm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    1,963
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rehnn View Post
    Who’s he?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Platt Bridge version I think

  2. #102
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    castleford
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    What's the situation with Myler I know the positions are more interchangeable now but even so.
    leeds were trying to off-load him to a rugby union club last i heard,one thats not seen him play i presume

  3. #103
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,783
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TIGERWOOD POSSE View Post
    I think its a piece of good business for Cas (i am a Cas Fan, so i would think that i guess!), i really like Richardson, i know you guys say he has frailties, but i think hes an exciting young scrum half and i think he could form an amazing partnership with Trueman, he is a dynamic young player with lots of energy and with 3 of our coaches being former top quality half backs, i am sure they can help to improve him, Gale did not reach the heights he has, until he was about 26/27, our halves in england are notoriously late developers. We don't know if its definitely a done deal yet anyway, but i am hoping its just not been announced, out of respect to you guys still being in the Hunt for the greatest prize!! ....... As a Cas fan, i would just like to wish you well in the Final, i hope its Wigan you face and i truly hope you embarrass them on the biggest stage, Saints are many Cas fans second team, i don't know why, i think we just always have, i don't think anybody ever dislikes any of your players because they always try to play the game in the right way, most Cas fans have nothing but respect for SAINTS.
    You are a rarity, an opposition fan that hasn’t come on here to troll.
    I have mixed feelings about DR he certainly isn’t going to get a start anytime soon at Saints but Powell hasn’t got it wrong with many players. Hope DR doesn’t come back to bite us in the bum.

  4. #104
    Learning All The Songs Noel Cleal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,158
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Leeds rumoured to want Jake Connor too.
    I think they quite publicly want Connor. However given the money they are waving at him they would need to play him in the spine of the team (1 or 6) to justify it. Given that he can get frustrated easily, he may not be the ideal player to build a team around.

    I would love us to sign Connor and you can tell he is very friendly with Makinson so who knows, you suspect that Connor will get frustrated at Hull FC eventually.

    Back on topic; I think everyone actually gets what they want from the deal.

    Leeds get an experienced, organising player that can lead them around. They have good young players and a few reasonable solo players but no one that glues the team together. Leeds from 20 years ago would have signed Trueman and build a team around him instead. Gale does feel like a short to medium term option.

    Castleford get some money and a younger player that will work very well along side Trueman. I suspect that Richardson has lost a lot of confidence over the last few years which he will get back by getting picked every week at Cas. Given that they have lost there key playmaker in the last two seasons, having a reliable spine to the team will help them get back to the level they were once at.

    Saints also gets some cash, which given that we have a settled spine, probably will see Richardson as a backup player again in 2020. With the likes of Welsby and Dodd coming through as well, getting cash for a player that would probably get released in a year anyway is good.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

  5. #105
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    Hearing Patton is coming available at Wires, would be a good fit to replace Richardson
    Crickey (sic). Really? Crickey (sic).

  6. #106
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    Hearing Patton is coming available at Wires, would be a good fit to replace Richardson
    I’d rather have an 80 year old Alex Murphy instead, he would offer more.

  7. #107
    In The South Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,969
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    leeds were trying to off-load him to a rugby union club last i heard,one thats not seen him play i presume
    Not surprised. Can’t believe they signed him in the first place. Arguably the most over-rated player of the last 10 years.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  8. #108
    Learning All The Songs Nickles Forearm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    1,963
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    Hearing Patton is coming available at Wires, would be a good fit to replace Richardson
    He’s absolute garbage, at his level with Warrington

  9. #109
    In The South Stand Greengrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.
    Posts
    4,186
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TIGERWOOD POSSE View Post
    I think its a piece of good business for Cas (i am a Cas Fan, so i would think that i guess!), i really like Richardson, i know you guys say he has frailties, but i think hes an exciting young scrum half and i think he could form an amazing partnership with Trueman, he is a dynamic young player with lots of energy and with 3 of our coaches being former top quality half backs, i am sure they can help to improve him, Gale did not reach the heights he has, until he was about 26/27, our halves in england are notoriously late developers. We don't know if its definitely a done deal yet anyway, but i am hoping its just not been announced, out of respect to you guys still being in the Hunt for the greatest prize!! ....... As a Cas fan, i would just like to wish you well in the Final, i hope its Wigan you face and i truly hope you embarrass them on the biggest stage, Saints are many Cas fans second team, i don't know why, i think we just always have, i don't think anybody ever dislikes any of your players because they always try to play the game in the right way, most Cas fans have nothing but respect for SAINTS.
    I have always liked watching Cas and I was a great fan of Kevin Ward and in his short stint at Saints until the tragic injury he was worth the entrance money alone to watch him. A real hard man,I also liked Dean Sampson a good prop but not quite as consistent as Wardy, and Graham Steadman another great player who took us apart a few times.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

  10. #110
    In The South Stand Greengrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.
    Posts
    4,186
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rehnn View Post
    Who’s he?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Judas's younger brother.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

  11. #111
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,130
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Hearing Patton is coming available at Wires, would be a good fit to replace Richardson
    That’d Be a hell of a step up for him, going from a small amateurish club like Wire, with such limited success and support, to a hugely successful outfit like Saints.

    Its not likely though is it?
    Posted by paulscnthorpe
    Thompson made more metres than Isa, clubb, Byrne, partington, o loughlin, Powell and flower combined

    Posted by SaintJon
    And he only played 50 minutes...

  12. #112
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,545
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Patton is going to rugby union isn’t he?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  13. #113
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,888
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Patton is going to rugby union isn’t he?
    Melbourne Storm mate
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  14. #114
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,545
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Melbourne Storm mate
    Give over
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  15. #115
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    10,993
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Melbourne Storm mate
    They must have had to sell him to free up money for their marquee centre signing from Widnes.

  16. #116
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,888
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Give over
    Ha ha ha. I jest
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  17. #117
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,888
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    They must have had to sell him to free up money for their marquee centre signing from Widnes.
    Gelling? Goodwin leaves & he comes in. Marvellous
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  18. #118
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,692
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    That’d Be a hell of a step up for him, going from a small amateurish club like Wire, with such limited success and support, to a hugely successful outfit like Saints.

    Its not likely though is it?
    We don't take Warrington rejects because the standard is so low, when Warrington take our rejects they are the best thing since sliced bread. Scully worked that out 20 years ago and was just not interested in Warrington's ideology of its "going to be our year"................."going to be our year"................"going to be our year".

  19. #119
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,783
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    We don't take Warrington rejects because the standard is so low, when Warrington take our rejects they are the best thing since sliced bread. Scully worked that out 20 years ago and was just not interested in Warrington's ideology of its "going to be our year"................."going to be our year"................"going to be our year".
    Shouldn't have taken Scully as long as it did, they had already been waiting 42 years when he signed for us.

  20. #120
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    castleford
    Posts
    285
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I have always liked watching Cas and I was a great fan of Kevin Ward and in his short stint at Saints until the tragic injury he was worth the entrance money alone to watch him. A real hard man,I also liked Dean Sampson a good prop but not quite as consistent as Wardy, and Graham Steadman another great player who took us apart a few times.
    I remember Dean Sampson scoring three trys in about ten minutes at KR in a game that finished 32 all or 34 all something like that

  21. #121
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    954
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Gelling? Goodwin leaves & he comes in. Marvellous
    I'm quite disappointed by this as I quite like Gelling and now I have to start hating him again. Tosser.

  22. #122
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,797
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I have always liked watching Cas and I was a great fan of Kevin Ward and in his short stint at Saints until the tragic injury he was worth the entrance money alone to watch him. A real hard man,I also liked Dean Sampson a good prop but not quite as consistent as Wardy, and Graham Steadman another great player who took us apart a few times.
    Steadman had an exquisite moustache, too.

  23. #123
    Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Haydock
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,892
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angry dave View Post
    i'm quite disappointed by this as i quite like gelling and now i have to start hating him again. Tosser.

  24. #124
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    At least Patton has got a Challenge Cup Winners medal
    So has Robert Hicks.

  25. #125
    In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Is there any chance that we can have a thread that doesn’t end up like this? The poster spends his weekends trying to wind up people who he doesn’t know, who support a team he doesn’t support, for no other reason than his own amusement. Imagine what his life must be like, I’m guessing he needs some fairly urgent counselling or something but either way, he obviously isn’t healthy. If you all just ignore him he’ll go away eventually.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •