Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Richardson

Starting A Programme Collection

I for one called for Richardson’s selection based purely on how bad Matty Smith was. As last season progressed Danny did not, I was doubting his ability six games in and remarked on this to my mate. Give the lad a chance I got in reply and this lasted the full season. The longer the season went on I became more and more convinced that Danny was lacking natural ability in certain areas. Poor decision-making, passing not fluid, always seemed hurried and a poor defensive game. According to a couple of Leigh fans I know he did not rip it up for them either. He may well prove me wrong but I don't think he will make it in the top flight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    I for one called for Richardson’s selection based purely on how bad Matty Smith was. As last season progressed Danny did not, I was doubting his ability six games in and remarked on this to my mate. Give the lad a chance I got in reply and this lasted the full season. The longer the season went on I became more and more convinced that Danny was lacking natural ability in certain areas. Poor decision-making, passing not fluid, always seemed hurried and a poor defensive game. According to a couple of Leigh fans I know he did not rip it up for them either. He may well prove me wrong but I don't think he will make it in the top flight.
    Pretty fair assessment to be honest. Fantastic kicker who won us a few games with it but lacking in too many other areas and seems to be unwilling/able to learn from mistakes.

Learning All The Songs

Gale's move to Leeds expected to be confirmed tomorrow so Cas will have a vacancy at scrum half

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Gale's move to Leeds expected to be confirmed tomorrow so Cas will have a vacancy at scrum half
    I'd straight swap for McMeekan (sp) would do well with us and a replacement for Taia next year?

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    I'd straight swap for McMeekan (sp) would do well with us and a replacement for Taia next year?
    Mcmeeken is a right side second row and grotesquely over rated, cant defend for toffee

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Mcmeeken is a right side second row and grotesquely over rated, cant defend for toffee
    Spot on
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Spot on
    Itll be very interesting to see how Cas defend with those two next to each other

In The West Stand

Mcmeekan was someone I rated highly a couple of years ago, but hasn’t been able to address his deficiencies (especially laterally in defence). Peyroux has been on almost the identical inverse journey, and I wouldn’t swap them currently. This is part of the reason I find it laughable that Cas fans think Powell will get more out of Richardson than Holbrook did.

I think it shows the state of our squad that I flicked through the Cas squad and literally only Watts is worth considering, and that’s not gonna happen.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

I feel for Cas. They have paid Gale all year for not playing and helped him through his injury, only for him now to bugger off to one of their biggest local rivals once he's fit.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    I feel for Cas. They have paid Gale all year for not playing and helped him through his injury, only for him now to bugger off to one of their biggest local rivals once he's fit.
    Aren't they getting a fee though? I think Leeds are taking the bigger risk here. What if he gets injured again in his first game?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

They’re getting about £160,000 for him don’t forget.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    They’re getting about £160,000 for him don’t forget.
    Fair enough. I didn't know that.
    If Leeds have paid that for him how much will we get if we do sell Richardson to Cas?

Learning All The Songs

One Word JUDUS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Going to Cas could be a good move for Richardson. He does have some potential. Players seem to be better at Castleford. Not sure if it’s something in the water over there. Maybe it’s because theirs sod all to do in Castleford other than train and play rugby. Ask yourself. How many players have ever left Cas and performed as well at other clubs? Carney, Clark, Orr, Vowles, Chase, Shenton off the top of my head. All were better at Cas than any other club they played for.

I thinks its strange that Leeds are willing to pay big money for Luke Gale at his age with the injuries he’s had lately.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Fair enough. I didn't know that.
    If Leeds have paid that for him how much will we get if we do sell Richardson to Cas?
    Around £65,000-£70,000 apparently.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

Going to Cas could be a good move for Richardson. He does have some potential. Players seem to be better at Castleford. Not sure if it’s something in the water over there. Maybe it’s because theirs sod all to do in Castleford other than train and play rugby. Ask yourself. How many players have ever left Cas and performed as well at other clubs? Carney, Clark, Orr, Vowles, Chase, Shenton off the top of my head. All were better at Cas than any other club they played for.

I thinks its strange that Leeds are willing to pay big money for Luke Gale at his age with the injuries he’s had lately.
    Yes it's always been a rugby league town and your right you'd struggle to name a lot of players who have gone on to be better
    The attraction for Leeds is he will only count 75grand or so on there salary cap because he was trained at the start of his carear at Leeds and because he's a England player they are taking a risk tho because he's hardly played in a season and a half
    To get 100 grand in the bank and Richardson I think is good business I think Trueman and Richardson will be good together but we will have to see next season

Banned

I get the feeling Gale knows he's knackered and has dropped lucky securing one last good contract before his body gives up totally although Leeds must be confident in him. It's a strange one as it's not like they even need a goal kicker, it's seems a big lay out for what is a fair sized risk.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Great little club is Castleford, on and off the pitch , apart from those b100d¥ showers lol.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs

Leeds rumoured to want Jake Connor too.

In The South Stand

I'm sure Cas are very happy to get him off their books. They get a decent wedge of cash and a younger fitter scrum half who could possibly give them 10 years service ( if he settles well there and improves ). It's a big gamble for Leeds given his recent injury history and his age.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    I'm sure Cas are very happy to get him off their books. They get a decent wedge of cash and a younger fitter scrum half who could possibly give them 10 years service ( if he settles well there and improves ). It's a big gamble for Leeds given his recent injury history and his age.
    I don’t think it is a gamble. They are bordering, this season especially, on awful at times. He’s a great foil for Robert Lui and a good leader, I think it’s a shrewd move and could be what they are looking for, especially with his organisation and kicking game. They can’t do much worse really. Cas have also done well out of it, I genuinely think we have acted far to quickly or DR has forced our hand prematurely. Think he would have done well for us, Fages and Lomax are simply too good to be displaced by him. Suppose we will never know now. Good luck to him.

Noooobie

I think its a piece of good business for Cas (i am a Cas Fan, so i would think that i guess!), i really like Richardson, i know you guys say he has frailties, but i think hes an exciting young scrum half and i think he could form an amazing partnership with Trueman, he is a dynamic young player with lots of energy and with 3 of our coaches being former top quality half backs, i am sure they can help to improve him, Gale did not reach the heights he has, until he was about 26/27, our halves in england are notoriously late developers. We don't know if its definitely a done deal yet anyway, but i am hoping its just not been announced, out of respect to you guys still being in the Hunt for the greatest prize!! ....... As a Cas fan, i would just like to wish you well in the Final, i hope its Wigan you face and i truly hope you embarrass them on the biggest stage, Saints are many Cas fans second team, i don't know why, i think we just always have, i don't think anybody ever dislikes any of your players because they always try to play the game in the right way, most Cas fans have nothing but respect for SAINTS.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    One Word JUDUS
    Who’s he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERWOOD POSSE View Post
    I think its a piece of good business for Cas (i am a Cas Fan, so i would think that i guess!), i really like Richardson, i know you guys say he has frailties, but i think hes an exciting young scrum half and i think he could form an amazing partnership with Trueman, he is a dynamic young player with lots of energy and with 3 of our coaches being former top quality half backs, i am sure they can help to improve him, Gale did not reach the heights he has, until he was about 26/27, our halves in england are notoriously late developers. We don't know if its definitely a done deal yet anyway, but i am hoping its just not been announced, out of respect to you guys still being in the Hunt for the greatest prize!! ....... As a Cas fan, i would just like to wish you well in the Final, i hope its Wigan you face and i truly hope you embarrass them on the biggest stage, Saints are many Cas fans second team, i don't know why, i think we just always have, i don't think anybody ever dislikes any of your players because they always try to play the game in the right way, most Cas fans have nothing but respect for SAINTS.
    You might find leaving Trueman at 7 & putting Richardson at 6 is the way to do it. Richardson played a lot at 6 in the academy & I think it suits him better

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    What's the situation with Myler I know the positions are more interchangeable now but even so.