Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Richardson

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    He will certainly benefit from playing more games , good luck to the lad .
    I am sure he will be getting a substantial pay rise & regular first team rugby under a good coach, the lad would be daft to say no tbh Roy.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

I hope we have a buy back or first option clause. I do rate Richardson and, while I understand the frustrations people have with his game, I think he has the quality to be a good super league half back.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I believe this is 100% spot on.
    Danny is a decent player but he has not been dominant enough. I'm sure he will improve with more regular SL game time but only time will tell if it's a good move and if he can fulfill his potential.
    For context he's the same age as Jackson Hastings and he has been a stand out player in the competition.
    Agreed. He’s a talented player but for me his decision making just isn’t good enough. That could well improve over time, but it’ll only improve if he gets sustained game time, which isn’t likely to happen at Saints unless we get a long-term injury in the halves.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I hope we have a buy back or first option clause. I do rate Richardson and, while I understand the frustrations people have with his game, I think he has the quality to be a good super league half back.
    I cannot understand why so many of our fans rate DR , Theo was in a different class last night , apart from the knock on that is .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    I cannot understand why so many of our fans rate DR , Theo was in a different class last night , apart from the knock on that is .
    I reckon Holbrook mis managed him in the second part of last season, he should have been taken out of the firing line for a few games when the opposition found a way to pressure him but Holbrook played him for about 28 games, the lack of rotation last season made quite a few players stale and ineffective.

Theo has had 3 times as many super league games as Richardson that's fairly significant when handling a big game environment, this season Theo has picked up some better game management this season which he was lacking in last year.

Banned

Not strong enough for a club like Saints. I honestly think he may struggle at Cas.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Not strong enough for a club like Saints. I honestly think he may struggle at Cas.
    I get the impression that he’ll probably end up as another Myler.

Looking at Lomax he may have a cheekbone fracture. Would Danny get drafted in?

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

No chance he'll miss OT. He did that in the second minute and played the full game. He may have to wear a protective mask mind. That with his skull cap, he'll be looking like Rey Mysterio

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Starting A Programme Collection

I hope it's not that serious... but even if it was, I'd say Lomax would be raring to go anyway. Obviously you have to look after long term health too - but Lomax has played a massive part in our success this season, and I think he will play regardless. Hopefully it won't come to that and the injury isn't so serious.

That injury came about due to an accidental clash of heads it would seem - can't say the same about Clubb though! I hope Coote's kay after that. He was fantastic last night. That's two dirty plays from Clubb in consecutive matches - and looks like he'll not get anything for either!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

The injury was fairly early last night and he played on OK. I think if it was serious enough to rule him out of a final in 2 weeks he wouldn’t have got through the game last night.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    The injury was fairly early last night and he played on OK. I think if it was serious enough to rule him out of a final in 2 weeks he wouldn’t have got through the game last night.
    Fingers crossed eh!

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

There will be some joker masks knocking about with holloween on the way.

Stick one of them on and he can terrorise defenses. With and without the ball.

We've had a few players who have played on the following week or two Longy and Roby spring to mind. I think Holbrook would have took him off earlier if it was too serious, just hope the after effects doesn't hamper his training going into the second week.

Banned

I hope not, I'd rather Welsby played, even though it's the final.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by St. Christopher View Post
    I hope it's not that serious... but even if it was, I'd say Lomax would be raring to go anyway. Obviously you have to look after long term health too - but Lomax has played a massive part in our success this season, and I think he will play regardless. Hopefully it won't come to that and the injury isn't so serious.

That injury came about due to an accidental clash of heads it would seem - can't say the same about Clubb though! I hope Coote's kay after that. He was fantastic last night. That's two dirty plays from Clubb in consecutive matches - and looks like he'll not get anything for either!
    It wasn't that bad, it was shoulder to shoulder. Yes, it was late but not OTT.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    It wasn't that bad, it was shoulder to shoulder. Yes, it was late but not OTT.
    Deliberate attempt to injure an opposition player, who was in a vulnerable position, with a late shoulder charge. The only way to eradicate challenges like that are to issue red cards and bans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ep1987 View Post
    Deliberate attempt to injure an opposition player, who was in a vulnerable position, with a late shoulder charge. The only way to eradicate challenges like that are to issue red cards and bans.
    I don't agree with those shithouse late challenges and Clubb is one of the worst but you can't ban someone for that. It is creeping back in again though.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by ep1987 View Post

Shoulder charge is against the rules wether late or not, I'll have to watch again to see if I agree it was late or indeed a shoulder charge

For me it wasn't really late (at least not in an illegal sense ... he hit him after the ball had gone but he was committed to the challenge). It was a shoulder charge but more clumsy than anything else, and was made to look worse as his arm swung up after contact. There was no contact with the head so I'd be very surprised if he was banned.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Shoulder charge is against the rules wether late or not, I'll have to watch again to see if I agree it was late or indeed a shoulder charge
    OK mate, take as long as you like, all week would be great.

How come the alleged shoulder charge has migrated onto this thread when the victim was Coote not Richardson.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    How come the alleged shoulder charge has migrated onto this thread when the victim was Coote not Richardson.
    Because the debate is if one of our playmakers is injured would Danny get a gig in the final. Personally I’d play Welsby, but there is a very good reason why I don’t earn my living as a RL coach.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

A decent player. I still question his heart and attitude. Good luck to him if he winds up at Cas.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    A decent player. I still question his heart and attitude. Good luck to him if he winds up at Cas.
    He wasn't introduced as a leaving player before the Wigan game though was he?