Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 213

Thread: Richardson

  1. #51
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    734
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    He will certainly benefit from playing more games , good luck to the lad .
    I am sure he will be getting a substantial pay rise & regular first team rugby under a good coach, the lad would be daft to say no tbh Roy.

  2. #52
    In The South Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,969
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I hope we have a buy back or first option clause. I do rate Richardson and, while I understand the frustrations people have with his game, I think he has the quality to be a good super league half back.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  3. #53
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,800
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I believe this is 100% spot on.
    Danny is a decent player but he has not been dominant enough. I'm sure he will improve with more regular SL game time but only time will tell if it's a good move and if he can fulfill his potential.
    For context he's the same age as Jackson Hastings and he has been a stand out player in the competition.
    Agreed. Hes a talented player but for me his decision making just isnt good enough. That could well improve over time, but itll only improve if he gets sustained game time, which isnt likely to happen at Saints unless we get a long-term injury in the halves.

  4. #54
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Chiang Rai Thailand
    Posts
    593
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I hope we have a buy back or first option clause. I do rate Richardson and, while I understand the frustrations people have with his game, I think he has the quality to be a good super league half back.
    I cannot understand why so many of our fans rate DR , Theo was in a different class last night , apart from the knock on that is .

  5. #55
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,695
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    I cannot understand why so many of our fans rate DR , Theo was in a different class last night , apart from the knock on that is .
    I reckon Holbrook mis managed him in the second part of last season, he should have been taken out of the firing line for a few games when the opposition found a way to pressure him but Holbrook played him for about 28 games, the lack of rotation last season made quite a few players stale and ineffective.

    Theo has had 3 times as many super league games as Richardson that's fairly significant when handling a big game environment, this season Theo has picked up some better game management this season which he was lacking in last year.

  6. #56
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Not strong enough for a club like Saints. I honestly think he may struggle at Cas.

  7. #57
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    616
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Not strong enough for a club like Saints. I honestly think he may struggle at Cas.
    I get the impression that he’ll probably end up as another Myler.

  8. #58
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    10,993
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Looking at Lomax he may have a cheekbone fracture. Would Danny get drafted in?

  9. #59
    Starting A Programme Collection St Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Newton Le Willows
    Posts
    780
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    No chance he'll miss OT. He did that in the second minute and played the full game. He may have to wear a protective mask mind. That with his skull cap, he'll be looking like Rey Mysterio

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (14) - 193132, 195253, 195859, 196566, 196970, 197071, 197475, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019

    Challenge Cup (12) - 195556, 196061, 196566, 197172, 197576, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008

    World Club Challenge (2) - 2001, 2007

    League Leader's Shield (8) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019 (16 points clear of second placed Wigan)

  10. #60
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    746
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Looking at Lomax he may have a cheekbone fracture. Would Danny get drafted in?
    I hope it's not that serious... but even if it was, I'd say Lomax would be raring to go anyway. Obviously you have to look after long term health too - but Lomax has played a massive part in our success this season, and I think he will play regardless. Hopefully it won't come to that and the injury isn't so serious.

    That injury came about due to an accidental clash of heads it would seem - can't say the same about Clubb though! I hope Coote's kay after that. He was fantastic last night. That's two dirty plays from Clubb in consecutive matches - and looks like he'll not get anything for either!

  11. #61
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,425
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Looking at Lomax he may have a cheekbone fracture. Would Danny get drafted in?
    The injury was fairly early last night and he played on OK. I think if it was serious enough to rule him out of a final in 2 weeks he wouldn’t have got through the game last night.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  12. #62
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    10,993
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    The injury was fairly early last night and he played on OK. I think if it was serious enough to rule him out of a final in 2 weeks he wouldn’t have got through the game last night.
    Fingers crossed eh!

  13. #63
    Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,622
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    There will be some joker masks knocking about with holloween on the way.

    Stick one of them on and he can terrorise defenses. With and without the ball.

  14. #64
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,695
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Looking at Lomax he may have a cheekbone fracture. Would Danny get drafted in?
    We've had a few players who have played on the following week or two Longy and Roby spring to mind. I think Holbrook would have took him off earlier if it was too serious, just hope the after effects doesn't hamper his training going into the second week.

  15. #65
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    957
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Looking at Lomax he may have a cheekbone fracture. Would Danny get drafted in?
    I hope not, I'd rather Welsby played, even though it's the final.

  16. #66
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    957
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Christopher View Post
    I hope it's not that serious... but even if it was, I'd say Lomax would be raring to go anyway. Obviously you have to look after long term health too - but Lomax has played a massive part in our success this season, and I think he will play regardless. Hopefully it won't come to that and the injury isn't so serious.

    That injury came about due to an accidental clash of heads it would seem - can't say the same about Clubb though! I hope Coote's kay after that. He was fantastic last night. That's two dirty plays from Clubb in consecutive matches - and looks like he'll not get anything for either!
    It wasn't that bad, it was shoulder to shoulder. Yes, it was late but not OTT.

  17. #67
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    It wasn't that bad, it was shoulder to shoulder. Yes, it was late but not OTT.
    Deliberate attempt to injure an opposition player, who was in a vulnerable position, with a late shoulder charge. The only way to eradicate challenges like that are to issue red cards and bans.

  18. #68
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    957
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1987 View Post
    Deliberate attempt to injure an opposition player, who was in a vulnerable position, with a late shoulder charge. The only way to eradicate challenges like that are to issue red cards and bans.
    I don't agree with those shithouse late challenges and Clubb is one of the worst but you can't ban someone for that. It is creeping back in again though.

  19. #69
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Rainford
    Posts
    2,175
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1987 View Post
    Deliberate attempt to injure an opposition player, who was in a vulnerable position, with a late shoulder charge. The only way to eradicate challenges like that are to issue red cards and bans.

    Shoulder charge is against the rules wether late or not, I'll have to watch again to see if I agree it was late or indeed a shoulder charge

  20. #70
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,800
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    For me it wasn't really late (at least not in an illegal sense ... he hit him after the ball had gone but he was committed to the challenge). It was a shoulder charge but more clumsy than anything else, and was made to look worse as his arm swung up after contact. There was no contact with the head so I'd be very surprised if he was banned.

  21. #71
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    957
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Shoulder charge is against the rules wether late or not, I'll have to watch again to see if I agree it was late or indeed a shoulder charge
    OK mate, take as long as you like, all week would be great.

  22. #72
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,695
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    How come the alleged shoulder charge has migrated onto this thread when the victim was Coote not Richardson.

  23. #73
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    616
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    How come the alleged shoulder charge has migrated onto this thread when the victim was Coote not Richardson.
    Because the debate is if one of our playmakers is injured would Danny get a gig in the final. Personally I’d play Welsby, but there is a very good reason why I don’t earn my living as a RL coach.

  24. #74
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,546
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    A decent player. I still question his heart and attitude. Good luck to him if he winds up at Cas.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  25. #75
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    A decent player. I still question his heart and attitude. Good luck to him if he winds up at Cas.
    He wasn't introduced as a leaving player before the Wigan game though was he?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •