Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Richardson

Dodd is up and coming , but there is also Welsby who can take more game time.

Richardson has had a good opportunity. Just not kicked on.

Don't see the big issue with letting him go.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I won’t particularly miss Richardson. Having said that, it wouldn’t surprise me if he goes on to have a good career at top level. Daryl Powell does seem to know how to get the best out of players and he doesn’t make dud signings.
    I agree I think Powell will get Trueman and Richardson playing well together the money that leeds offered for Gale was always going to be hard for Cas to turn down especially since Gale has not played much in two years due to injury
    The deal going through was dependant on Cas getting his replacement in place I believe originally Fages and when he re-signed with you Richardson

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I ve usually supported Richardson to balance out some of the critique, but from a neutral point of view he is no longer a youngster being 24 next year so a change of club is the best course of action. The only problem we have is that Lewis Dodd is probably 2 seasons away from transitioning into a super league half back player and if he is rushed then he might inherit the critique that Richardson had of having no mentor on the pitch.
    Just out of curiosity, how old was Murphy when he debuted for Saints and GB and how old was Gary Connolly?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how old was Murphy when he debuted for Saints and GB and how old was Gary Connolly?
    Suspect this a rhetorical question. I get the feeling the club think Dodds is ready otherwise why let Richardson go, either that or someone else is coming in.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    I agree I think Powell will get Trueman and Richardson playing well together the money that leeds offered for Gale was always going to be hard for Cas to turn down especially since Gale has not played much in two years due to injury
    The deal going through was dependant on Cas getting his replacement in place I believe originally Fages and when he re-signed with you Richardson
    Do you think Trueman will play stand off?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Yes mate Trueman 6 Richardson 7 I would imagine

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    I think you know how old they were, and to respond to your point it doesn't mean every player is ready, some are and some are not

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Suspect this a rhetorical question. I get the feeling the club think Dodds is ready otherwise why let Richardson go, either that or someone else is coming in.
    I should imagine next season Welsby will be getting more game time at full back or stand off and Dodds will only make the occasional appearance in an emergency injury situation.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I should imagine next season Welsby will be getting more game time at full back or stand off and Dodds will only make the occasional appearance in an emergency injury situation.

I think your right Stiddy, I believe that's the best way to bring them through. Not to dissimilar to this year really

More a case of Truman will play left side , Richardson will play right.

Learning All The Songs

I think that might be the case. Either way I think Richardson has had his chance and it’s time to move on. I wish him well if he goes

Starting A Programme Collection NortonSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    I still would have thought that the new coach would have liked to see all players first.
    Not up to the coach then.

Jenna Brooke’s just said it’s done, DR to Cas.

Good luck to the lad, but there’s no doubt it’s a step down.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

It was rumoured to be on the cards, and I wish Danny all the best for the future until we play Cas next season!

Banned

I'm not overly bothered to be honest, not like it's a surprise.

I believe this is 100% spot on.
    Danny is a decent player but he has not been dominant enough. I'm sure he will improve with more regular SL game time but only time will tell if it's a good move and if he can fulfill his potential.
    For context he's the same age as Jackson Hastings and he has been a stand out player in the competition.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Danny is a decent player but he has not been dominant enough. I'm sure he will improve with more regular SL game time but only time will tell if it's a good move and if he can fulfill his potential.
    For context he's the same age as Jackson Hastings and he has been a stand out player in the competition.
    I'd go with that and I think he's got a bit of improvement in him but not enough for us to hold onto him for and he's not going to improve playing backup here. Probably best for both parties. An exciting young partnership for cas but I don't know how far that will get them with trophies

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

That’s a fair summary and comparison Div, though I can see Powell improving Richardson as a player and wish him all the best.
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

Banned

Trueman has done nothing tonight and Matautia isn't a half in the history of man.

I guess it's Danny's choice. He could stay and bide his time and fight for his shirt back and gamble spending time in the returning reserve grade but he has chosen to try his chances elsewhere.
    Remember when Goulding was the incumbent 7 and Lee Briers chose to move to Warrington. You would have to say that worked out reasonably well for him. He was a very good half and perhaps unlucky not to gain more international caps. As it happened Goulding didn't stick around and left under a cloud and Briers would maybe have become the first choice at Knowsley Road. Had that happened we maybe would not have signed Sean Long and things may have panned out quite differently from 97 onwards!!
    On the other hand Matty Smith was moved on and hindsight suggests that was the right move unlike the crackers decision to re sign him!
    That's me thinking out loud anyway. No malice towards Danny wish him all the best.

Banned

I guess it's Danny's choice. He could stay and bide his time and fight for his shirt back and gamble spending time in the returning reserve grade but he has chosen to try his chances elsewhere.
    Remember when Goulding was the incumbent 7 and Lee Briers chose to move to Warrington. You would have to say that worked out reasonably well for him. He was a very good half and perhaps unlucky not to gain more international caps. As it happened Goulding didn't stick around and left under a cloud and Briers would maybe have become the first choice at Knowsley Road. Had that happened we maybe would not have signed Sean Long and things may have panned out quite differently from 97 onwards!!
    On the other hand Matty Smith was moved on and hindsight suggests that was the right move unlike the crackers decision to re sign him!
    That's me thinking out loud anyway. No malice towards Danny wish him all the best.
    Well summed up, we can't keep every player who shows a bit of promise "just in case" and any case they may not want to stay. Maybe he'll flourish at Cas, I doubt it myself and I think ultimately we'll be proved right allowing him to leave, who knows?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Only worry is Fages is only contracted for another year, but I can't see Richardson waiting another year to see what Fages does..

Sometimes you've just got to bite the bullet and hopefully it doesn't come back to haunt us

Good point Div, I would point out that I think the comparison earlier between Richardson and Hastings being the same age and where they are now, was a little harsh? Hastings was said to be the next best thing in the NRL before him and Cherry Evans kicked off and he had to get out of Dodge! But his defence tonight shows he's a terrier like the greats of old.

But going back in time as you do, I just hope Danny is not another Connolly :}

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Only worry is Fages is only contracted for another year, but I can't see Richardson waiting another year to see what Fages does..

Sometimes you've just got to bite the bullet and hopefully it doesn't come back to haunt us
    Theo extended till the end of 2021. Richardson needs to play regular rugby and the move has probably earned him a few quid as well so fair play to him. Not sure how much he was on but we have some money to either get another player or upgraded some contracts.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Theo extended till the end of 2021. Richardson needs to play regular rugby and the move has probably earned him a few quid as well so fair play to him. Not sure how much he was on but we have some money to either get another player or upgraded some contracts.
    He will certainly benefit from playing more games , good luck to the lad .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would