Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Richardson

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I have always liked watching Cas and I was a great fan of Kevin Ward and in his short stint at Saints until the tragic injury he was worth the entrance money alone to watch him. A real hard man,I also liked Dean Sampson a good prop but not quite as consistent as Wardy, and Graham Steadman another great player who took us apart a few times.
    Didn't saints try to buy Sampson a couple of times but he refused as he ran a couple of pubs in Cas and had to be close, or am I remembering things that have not happend again?
    Last edited by Saintfryer; 2nd October 2019 at 21:45. Reason: Ooops

Quote Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    So has Robert Hicks.
    very good

/doffs cap

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    Hearing Patton is coming available at Wires, would be a good fit to replace Richardson
    We're the superior club. You feed of our seconds, not the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    We're the superior club. You feed of our seconds, not the other way round.
    Must have been unsettled by the likes of Gary Wheeler and Matty Smith.
    Maybe Tasi could take him on a session to cheer him up.

Got A Season Ticket

I notice Saints took down the one more step photo from all social media platforms. Obviously someone else spotted Danny aiming the middle finger in holbrooks direction

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by stobartmassive View Post
    I notice Saints took down the one more step photo from all social media platforms. Obviously someone else spotted Danny aiming the middle finger in holbrooks direction
    I hadn't seen this, any links to it if it still exists?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I hadn't seen this, any links to it if it still exists?
    A work colleague showed me the photo earlier today, when I’ve looked at all the saints platforms this evening to show my son it’s no longer there

Banned

Shows what you are dealing with then. Let Danny and Daddy give it large at the asbestos stadium in Cas. Theo or Danny "ask our stand off"

Not seen that or heard anything.

Oh dear. Come on Danny, not this week of all weeks

Are you sure it was aimed at Holbrook? Just looked like he was mucking about to me, as many young lads do when a camera is pointing at them.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Are you sure it was aimed at Holbrook? Just looked like he was mucking about to me, as many young lads do when a camera is pointing at them.
    No I’m not sure but someone from the club obviously wasn’t happy with the gesture in general and he probably should know better. However he has got form for having digs at Holbrook and the coaching staff with the comments he made during his interview with the bbc during the challenge cup coverage being a good example

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Around £65,000-£70,000 apparently.
    90k we've sold him for

Learning All The Songs

Not a bad bit of business to get that for someone who can't get in the team

In The West Stand

90k is a decent bit of business, but I still can’t see why we would let him go. He’s by far the best backup halfback in the league this year, and an injury to Lomax/ Fages and we are much weaker if he’s not around. Only two options for us accepting the fee I can see is ;

A) his attitude is stinking up the place/ causing trouble (seems unlikely given his reactions at the final)
    we’re clearing decks to free up cap space for someone else (but there’s no inbound rumours)

Seems odd, 90k or not

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    90k is a decent bit of business, but I still can’t see why we would let him go. He’s by far the best backup halfback in the league this year, and an injury to Lomax/ Fages and we are much weaker if he’s not around. Only two options for us accepting the fee I can see is ;

A) his attitude is stinking up the place/ causing trouble (seems unlikely given his reactions at the final)
    we’re clearing decks to free up cap space for someone else (but there’s no inbound rumours)

Seems odd, 90k or not
    Or the player wants to leave?

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post

Seems odd, 90k or not
    One of the top agents in the game was on a TV programme last week saying that Saints can afford go let Richardson go because of what we had coming through , and he did say the mentioned was a done deal . He did say there was one lad coming through who "had everything" and would be an absolute star ( not my words) , if the agents are talking so positive about a youngster we had better get him tied up as soon as using some of Richardson's money , hope everything goes well for Danny up at Cas.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Or the player wants to leave?
    It cant be fun not playing and going on Dual Reg to Leigh, or playing in the reserves next year. If he wants first team rugby then he may need to move on, i dont think the club would want him to go but if he does we shouldn’t stand in his way too much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    One of the top agents in the game was on a TV programme last week saying that Saints can afford go let Richardson go because of what we had coming through , and he did say the mentioned was a done deal . He did say there was one lad coming through who "had everything" and would be an absolute star ( not my words) , if the agents are talking so positive about a youngster we had better get him tied up as soon as using some of Richardson's money , hope everything goes well for Danny up at Cas.
    I think the more learned on here know the player you are referring to Roy and I agree, he looks a class act.
    Heard of a couple of unsavoury incidents involving DR, Roy. One a 'hole in one' at a golf course and the other involving a fracas after the challenge cup.

Learning All The Songs

Richardson and Swift going from this year's squad but no incomings as far as I know. Are we going to rely on the youngsters to cover next year?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    think Richardson and Trueman will be a good partnership next year for cas

Well done to Saints on Saturday thoroughly deserved given the way youve played this season

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post

Well done to Saints on Saturday thoroughly deserved given the way youve played this season
    Thanks Steve. I don’t think they’ll be terrible but I think they’ll both be caught out defensively. At least you’ll have a top notch goal kicker, if DR stays injury free he’ll top the goal kicking list by a mile.

Learning All The Songs

If the move goes through I would think Richardson's game will come on leaps and bounds with regular games so a good move for both parties I can only wish him success.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

DR will be 25 once Fages' contract is up, there's obviously no doubt who our halves are and I presume Woolf will have been consulted..

He needs to move on else he may never make a career out the sport

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post

Richardson's defence can be iffy, but for me his biggest weakness is a tendency to try madcap plays when they just aren't on, particularly on the last tackle. But I think he has loads of potential and needs game time, which he won't get at Saints, to put those things right. If he can develop a cooler-headed approach to the game then Cas will have a very good half-back partnership on their hands.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    If the move goes through I would think Richardson's game will come on leaps and bounds with regular games so a good move for both parties I can only wish him success.
    But he's not come on in leaps and bounds over the last 3 years which is why Saints are letting him go.